Warhammer Imperium Issue List

Black Knight

Weird, it’s not happening on my phone or iPad. I’ll try my laptop later then if it’s working for others.

Edit - I missed the last post. All aspects, just won’t load anything. Both from google links and direct typing the website into the browser.

The login thing I found when I went to buy extra issues of conquest recently - they had deleted all my details from when I was a subscriber and had to create a new account.

Edited by Sky Potato

Some more sleuthing on the Hachette site. From the FAQ page. 

OAdEV04.png

Edit: this actually disproves my earlier hypothesis about the pricing being for premium. Note the data club reference (TGY for normal; UGY for premium). The links that are functional are for TGY (non-premium) and these contain the 4.99, 7.99 and 10.99 pricing structure

Edited by MrSpoon

Am I the only one having issues even accessing the Hachette website?

It is a little jankey recently. The normal page for me is usually fine but good luck logging in, it just wont do it for me.

Updated with data for prices and possible book subscription.

I'm not sure I think there will be a book release, it just looks like a price increase to the sub and a tweak to their naming convention. 

Don't worry MrSpoon just putting it all up there so people can see what we've got so far. Probably won't be books as theyve pretty much already done that with Legends but maybe it will be.

Price concerned, the last magazine releases have sold through two major restocks and still they are sold out, so a price increase is a definet this time around. I do agree that going above 10 leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.

Edited by Black_Knight

Wow, if it really turns out to be this price I likely won't subscribe either. Maybe just get individual issues with interesting stuff. Also was a stain (to me) that Conquest was not avaialable in English here. I absolutely hate GW's German translations and only got Conquest for being a good deal on the plastic.

Edited by gorg_graggel

The German translation is definetly a sight to behold, then again watching German movies with English translation is just as bad, I see you Das Boot!

I do wish I could get the English one over here, I still have about 30 issues over in the UK under my Mums spare bed :D

I think I will probably head towards the single issues trend too but it depends on the Premium offering this time. The last one was awful, two of the boards were the same thing -.-

Edited by Black_Knight

£10.99 if it is models likely to be a bit of pass for me if it is versions of ones I already have. I may get teh odd issue but not likely to buy as many as I did with conquest.

Conquest worked well to get extras of DI for relatively cheap vs rebuying the whole box. And as suggested, the under £10 price helped make it seem more palatable. Over £10 makes me question whether I would just get another copy of Indomitus or buy the recruit/elite/command boxes instead.

This all assumes models vs Books. Kind of hoping this will be books now if those prices are right as I wont be as fussed about getting it in that case.

The German translation is definetly a sight to behold, then again watching German movies with English translation is just as bad, I see you Das Boot!

I do wish I could get the English one over here, I still have about 30 issues over in the UK under my Mums spare bed :D

I think I will probably head towards the single issues trend too but it depends on the Premium offering this time. The last one was awful, two of the boards were the same thing -.-

A good translation is always an oxymoron, no matter the medium. It's either adjusted to the target culture and thus loses or changes the original intention or it is faithful and doesn't make sense to ppl who are not familiar with the source's cultural idiosyncrasies.

...or it is completely dumb crap and inconsistent and finds its marks everywhere along the lines of the spectrum between the mentioned goal posts, depending on the kind of drugs the translator did or did not get/take prior to working on it. This is how GW translates.

Sorry for going off topic, carry on.

Edited by gorg_graggel

Ah, the translations topic again...to be honest, I've been surprised by recent translations of Conquest - unit names have switched back to German again. And it doesn't read so bad either, since they started doing that. It's not high literature, to be sure, but for an introductory magazine it's quite alright. 

For various reasons I take slight offense with your generalisation of translators though. While there's differences in GW rules translations and BL translations (different departments, afaik), there is guidelines you have to follow (style guide, glossary). Now that glossary is partially decided by whoever handles IP, editors and translators might have their hands tied there. So that's why some wording might seem strange (honestly, the use of the english unit names in german prose IS strange^^). At least for BL translators, they have different styles, same as the authors themselves. And same as with authors, some styles might sit better with you than others - I sure know I'm guilty of that. 

Anyways, I think the translations in Conquest have been okay, even tho the magazine is not aimed at me. The translators I know are quite alright though, quite a bunch of them with lots of passion for the game and the IP, too.

EDIT: Something more on topic - can't wait to find out what this new magazine is about. I'd really hope that it doesn't take forever to bring them to more contries this time around, though. :)

Edited by Kenzaburo

I've had my fair share of working with translators and as translator in a professional capacity. So, I know it's not easy for my intial points alone. I don't claim to be perfect or any good at all. But still...

I honestly don't care if the translators are nice guys or try their best or whose fault it is that it is bad now and has been over 20 years ago, when I originally started this hobby for the first time. I don't know if it was any good in between, I just got back in 2 years ago, but I doubt it.

This might be a matter of philosophy, but mine is NEVER EVER commit the sin of trying to translate names of things, especially when the target audience is international and needs to use the same terms for things to be able to communicate properly. It is also condescending and patronizing to be treated like an idiot who needs to be spoon-fed the meaning of names. Names are names and don't need translation. If one is interested in their meaning or etymology they can look them up and educate themselves in the process. Whoever is responsible for translating Dreadnought into Cybot (and similar abominations) needs to be hung by the balls (or something equally painful). This is very likely the responsibility of a directing entity and it drives me up the wall (obviously...).

And to sort of get back on topic, in the case of Conquest the problem with the translation is not purely language based, but the effort (not) put in to properly be able to sort the pages in those binders due to crappy index work and lack of other consistent indicators of order.

We really shouldn't be continuing this here. I don't want this thread to be locked and I'm sorry for starting the derailing myself.

Edited by gorg_graggel

Ok, lets leave the translation for another thread, its an age old discussion that I think just about everyone has a different take on it, even in my own household.

Lets wait until we get some more information, the website has just had an apache server activated on it so there is definetly some backend activity happening. Also the UK is looking at coming out of heavy lock down in the next month or so and thats probably the reason why we haven't seen any kind of information on this. There is no point in doing any kind of local release if you cannot guarentee which shops are open or not.

FIngers crossed for the next month and post if you hear or datamine anything new. 

There is no point in doing any kind of local release if you cannot guarentee which shops are open or not.

The main outlets for these kind of things are newsagents and supermarkets, both of which are classed as providing essential services so have all been open as normal during lockdown. Even places where newsagent forms a relatively small part of their overall offering like WH Smith have been open for business, so a regional trial could proceed with very few problems (with the caveat that there are obviously fewer shoppers about than there were during the trials of Conquest and Mortal Realms)

oooh, now we're talking! so it IS necrons vs marines, at leasat partially. cool.

EDIT: Just noticed, that there's also the cog mechanicus and the fleur of the sisters on there. Now this has the potential to be pretty much awesome. Put some sisters, some indomitus marines and some mechanicus skitarii and minor vehicles in there, some necrons and maybe chaos as adversaries and you're golden.

Edited by Kenzaburo

Chickens, chickens, give me some cheap chickens!!!

£8.99 per issue from issue 3 - much better than the £10.99 some were suggesting. I’m very excited again

I am seeing 10.99 from issue 3 unfortunately :sad.:

Edit: Oh I am an idiot that premium, carry on...

Edited by Black_Knight

Updated front page with all the new info, thank you Joe for catching that.

I am not sure what to make of these "Free Gifts"? Right now there is no mention of actual models, perhaps the models are now described as free gifts.

I am not sure what to make of these "Free Gifts"? Right now there is no mention of actual models, perhaps the models are now described as free gifts.

I think the free gifts mentioned are just the subscriber items like in conquest, so the brushes, archive and so on, like the 1st delivery has the modelling kit.

Issue one to me looks like an Iron Halo, maybe the Lt or Captain with sword and board?

Edit: Captain's Iron Halo is more decorative, I think it is the Lt.

YQc8q2q.png

Issue two looks like Easy to Build Necron Warriors.

L8thAAK.png

Issue three definetly looks like the Easy to build 3x Assault Intercessors.

WGnpXyM.png

Issue four has some of the new Necron Destroyers.

YfTXK0J.png

I think the free gifts mentioned are just the subscriber items like in conquest, so the brushes, archive and so on, like the 1st delivery has the modelling kit.

That maybe the case Green Scorpion thanks for reminding me.

Edited by Black_Knight