Warhammer Imperium Issue List

Black Knight

I'm hoping for some terrain, ideally urban stuff. :smile.:

And I have a friend who works at Forbidden Planet and can get me discounts. Would I be abusing things if I asked her to put issues aside for me?

Not at all :D.  It's not what you know, it's who you know.

Looks like I'm getting back on the subscription then. With conquest I went with Direct Debit; do you guys have any experience with paying via credit/debit card? DO we think it will be less painful?

I had both my Conquest and Mortal Realms subs on card and never had an issue with either.

OK. So firstly, I'm in. I fear I was among the lucky few who had a direct subscription from Hachette where nothing went wrong (apart from me accidently cancelling all the bonus gifts after the first one, which I now kinda regret but nevermind) - and MrSpoon, mine was a Direct Debit and I had no issues as said. Personally I'd always go with DD as there's a bit more protection if things go wrong.

However, I am going to caution people against hoping for too much from this. Assuming it's an 80 issue run (which is pretty much standard for Hachette) there'll probably about 30 issues that are either scenery or paints based on Conquest and Mortal Realms. If I had to guess, I'd say that some amount of Battlezone: Vertigus and maybe a few extra bits from the Manufactorum sector (though a decent chunk of that was in Conquest, so we'll see).

After that - well, certainly the Elite edition models and possibly the Indomitus command sprues. Quite what will happen if the Honoured of the Chapter turns up for £8.99 I am not sure, but I won't complain. There'll also be the "Getting Started" models and paints I would imagine so that collectively probably covers 12 issues (we all know that the Captain, Overlord, Royal Warden & Lieutenant will be an issue each.)

We'll also almost certainly get the "Easy to Build" models available separately, so that's the Firestrike Turret, ATV, Heavy Destroyer and Doomstalker. I would say Necrons come out ahead there. I would also expect a bunch of character models - one or two Crypteks, the Primaris Techmarine, maybe a Phobos Librarian if the Marine Shadowspear sprues show up? What I wouldn't expect are any Firstborn models this time around - if you look at the Conquest issues, the Firstborn kits were mostly old ones plugging gaps in the Primaris line (Scouts, Bikes, a Land Speeder) - these all know have analogues in the Primaris range, and GW are unlikely to add much from the old range given the direction of travel. An Impulsor also seems pretty likely.

The bit I'm coming up short on is what they do with the Necrons - a lot of their kits are multi units, and there was nothing in Conquest (or, from what I can see, in Mortal Realms) like that. There might have been some weapon options here and there, like on the Repulsor or Land Speeder, but nothing like say Immortals/Deathmarks or the Ghost Ark/Doomsday Ark where there are two, very different options to build. I'd also probably rule out the old Destroyers as they're essentially the last kit with the old green rods. Wraiths are a possibility -  I think you could split the sprues into 2-3 issues, each of which builds 1 Wraith I think? A Spyder or two is also likely.

Then there's the logo - Conquest fused the DG and UM icons, but whilst I can see possibly the SoB army box sprues (which ties in with the launch trailer from GW for 9th) as relatively easy to build kits which cover 4-5 issues, but Ad Mech? Not only are almost all of their kits multi-build options, but they are also notoriously fiddly and fragile. Not what I'd put in something that, to be blunt, is aimed at beginners. They could easily be part of the "Premium" kits - but in that case, why put it in the logo? You also end up in this case in the situation that the Imperium side would dwarf the Necron side which hasn't been the case in the previous two Hachette runs. You've had two armies that were pretty well balanced against each other.

TL;DR - this is likely to be good (perhaps great) but it's unlikely to be a good sized Necrons army, a good sized Marine Army, a good sized Sisters Army and a good sized Ad Mech Army. Keep expectations in check!

However, I am going to caution people against hoping for too much from this. Assuming it's an 80 issue run (which is pretty much standard for Hachette) there'll probably about 30 issues that are either scenery or paints based on Conquest and Mortal Realms. If I had to guess, I'd say that some amount of Battlezone: Vertigus and maybe a few extra bits from the Manufactorum sector (though a decent chunk of that was in Conquest, so we'll see).

Pretty much this. The only way to guarantee getting all the kits is to subscribe, however then you get all the 'filler' issues with paint etc. 

Someone did the maths on the whole Conquest collection, and for the models alone, the discount is about 30%, so not much more than some FLGS's. This increases if you factor in the paints and brushes etc. 

Obviously, some kits (characters) have higher savings than others (paint, ETB Reivers, single containers, etc), so you can get more value by cherry picking, but you waste your own time chasing the dragon on these sought after things, or have to wait until Hachette restocks (months?).

If you're looking at slowly building an army over time, and want everything that will be in these sets, then they're a good idea. If you want everything immediately, you can spend an extra 5% (£40) and just order everything right away from a retailer with 25% discount, or even better, just the stuff you want, and save yourself 80 weeks of waiting for the stuff. 

Pretty much this. The only way to guarantee getting all the kits is to subscribe, however then you get all the 'filler' issues with paint etc. 

Technically you have the right, under the distance selling regulations, to return any item within 14days for a full refund. Hachette discuss this on their T&C's page LINK. So hypothetically you could get the subscription and return the issues which don't interest you (fillers). I'd say it would be a little bit cheeky, but it could certainly make the subscription more cost effective. 

@Xenith: I did the math some months ago when Conquest appeared in Portugal and, with the prices of the time, the overall savings were closer to 40% than 30% and Portugal doesn't have discounted retailers (although I have ordered some stuff at 15% off from Spain, although sometimes they can go to 20% during Black Friday and stuff). Some Spanish retailers are not very keen on doing discounts on UK stuff now because of Brexit and increased costs/delays so those 15% might even be reduced. Either way, Conquest is still going to run in Portugal until October, with hopefully Mortal Realms coming afterwards and this likely appearing in 2022 or 2023 perhaps.
If you just want something to assemble and paint, Conquest and this might be nice, but for playing obviously you would need more stuff. It all depends on what you want.

There were also some oddment issues in conquest with things like the servo-haulers. Fun modelling projects but not something I would normally spend money on as they don't may very effective terrain and they don't fit into an army.

I would not be surprised to see a few issues like this sprinkled through Imperium. The Necron doors and nodes from the new Killteam set look like prime candidates for this sort of thing.

[REDACTED]

I almost responded to politics with politics... And then I thought about how much I value B&C and this community and decided not to.

Peace brother.

Edited by Xenith
Removed quoted text.

Given that UK politics is quite literally my day job, I'm inclined to agree with ThePenitentOne here. 

Getting back on topic, anyone else having issues with the Hachette website - I can't seem to subscribe and it is running incredibly slowly.

No issues on the site here. I'm really struggling to choose between premium or normal. Given the Mortal Realms premium sub was so good I'm tempted to roll the dice on this one. Worst case I can just cancel the premium element when the info leaked/released. 

Getting back on topic, anyone else having issues with the Hachette website - I can't seem to subscribe and it is running incredibly slowly.

I subscribed last night ok, but the on screen confirmation message didn't give an order number or reference number. Nothing in my email either, which makes me wonder if it went through? But it did say might take 3 days to hear.

Given that UK politics is quite literally my day job, I'm inclined to agree with ThePenitentOne here.

No issues on the site here. I'm really struggling to choose between premium or normal. Given the Mortal Realms premium sub was so good I'm tempted to roll the dice on this one. Worst case I can just cancel the premium element when the info leaked/released.

I’ve taken the chance and gone premium. I started Conquest then had second thoughts and cancelled it, which I regretted. So I’m all in this time. Like you say, you could always switch to standard.

Why are people signing up at this stage? It's literally just market research for the trial launch and the only numbers they take serious notice of are subscriptions from the trial areas, they literally just want to see what units in newsagents transfers to in terms of actual sales. I believe early adopters have had a handful of free issues at launch offered in the past but with issue 3 free to subscribers anyway they're actually only comping the first two loss leader issues anyway. Given there's going to be limited amounts of market trial stock and the full launch is likely about six months away (standard August and January launch windows for partworks) people probably aren't going to be receiving anything anytime soon.

+++Brexit as a cause for cross-border delays is a fact, but let's not delve into politics any more than that.+++

Why are people signing up at this stage? It's literally just market research for the trial launch and the only numbers they take serious notice of are subscriptions from the trial areas, they literally just want to see what units in newsagents transfers to in terms of actual sales. I believe early adopters have had a handful of free issues at launch offered in the past but with issue 3 free to subscribers anyway they're actually only comping the first two loss leader issues anyway. Given there's going to be limited amounts of market trial stock and the full launch is likely about six months away (standard August and January launch windows for partworks) people probably aren't going to be receiving anything anytime soon.

I think you answered your own question. 

Edited by Xenith

For me there's no reason not to sign up now; I know I'll be subscribing, no money taken until the launch in August and for Conquest and Mortal Realms, people who subscribed during the trial period got the first 2 issues for free (a saving which I'm hoping come August will actually be able to buy me a couple of pints).

Technically you have the right, under the distance selling regulations, to return any item within 14days for a full refund. Hachette discuss this on their T&C's page LINK. So hypothetically you could get the subscription and return the issues which don't interest you (fillers). I'd say it would be a little bit cheeky, but it could certainly make the subscription more cost effective. 

Speaking as someone who makes his money selling things on the internet. This is not being cheeky. It is being an :cuss. Please do not do this. 

I spot Indomitus, Shadowspear, Skitarii and Sisters.

Aye, but do you spot the Phobos librarian to be sure it's shadowspear and not just the vanguard box ?  Also, do you see all the Bladeguard Vets and is that Kataphron destroyers there?

I spot Indomitus, Shadowspear, Skitarii and Sisters.

Aye, but do you spot the Phobos librarian to be sure it's shadowspear and not just the vanguard box ?  Also, do you see all the Bladeguard Vets and is that Kataphron destroyers there?

No Bladeguard, but the Librarian is centre bottom, just above the sisters.