[DW] Blackthorn/Swordhand Episode III: Recruitment Thread

Commissar Molotov

And I look forward to seeing how Tyber takes to all of you... I already know there is going to be some friction with the Consecrator due to the... complicated history between the Dragons and others from the lineage of the Lion.

Let's hope we don't encounter any Word Bearers...things might get awkward for Ekieo...

I think we can all bond over the mutual destruction of traitors and heretics.

Can confirm my Reviler will always enjoy killing the traitors, but especially those at Istvaan

Okay, so:

All of you need to pay attention to your Tactics (Choose One) skill - as your sheet was originally copy-pasted from another character, it currently says Tactics (Void Warfare) but you may wish to change that.

Helgrim/Necronaut: All looks good - just need to add Squad Modes when you can.

Adesro/Maladon: Just a note that you've used weapon damages from the rulebook, rather than the Errata. See further down this post. Also, have you chosen two Attack Patterns rather than an Attack Pattern and a Defensive Stance?

Mojake/Achillion: All looks good - refer to the Tactics note earlier.

Ashlander/Incariel: I notice you'd added Initiative 7 and mentioned Combat Formation, but your INT is 54. How'd you get your modifier to 7?

TBTL: You need to add your black (armoured) stats. Pay attention - You will have Strength 63, but a Strength Bonus of 10. You also need to add your Movement rates. Your half movement is 5 - use that to work out the rest.

Petragor/Chaka: Your Chainsword is 1D10+5, but I expect them to be 1D10+3 - have you added a skill (Hunter of Aliens, perhaps?)

Komrk/Vorkys: All looks good to me!

Gideon Thire/Komrade_Atomic: Can you move your purchases to the Revised Purchase History Sheet? You also need to add your Black (Armoured) stats.

Pallan Arcost/Argent: Have a look at the PDF I've sent you to organise your Armour. I will PM you regarding your XP spend.

Titus/Lysimachus: Looks good thus far.

Lycus/Apostle: Looks good thus far.

Argus/Jeremy: You need to spend your XP! Let me know if you don't have access to the rulebooks and I will help you out.

AHP/Castor Boros: You need to spend your XP! I have replied to your email.

Can someone point me in the direction of where the Black armoured stats are?? I can not for the life of me find them in the DW core book.... Or I'm being blind

On your character sheet, you have two sets of stats for your characteristics.  The top ones in grey are for you without armour (yikes!) and the bottom half are in black, for your stats when you're dressed (phew!)  There are two attributes you have to be careful with, as Mol says.

52b90f17a5.png

Courtesy of ashlander47

FYI and speed - your move rates will be: 5, 10, 15, 30

MR.

Core Rule books:

Page 161 for what Mk.VII can do, all other marks can be found in RoB

Black Carapace: Page 37, other gene-seed info can be found on pages 36 and 37

Rights of Battle (for armor other than TDA/Mk.VII/Artificer)

Page: 142, 149-151

Can someone point me in the direction of where the Black armoured stats are?? I can not for the life of me find them in the DW core book.... Or I'm being blind

Unless in Mk.VI, then you'll have 6/12/18/36 (double if you have a jump-pack)

Let's hope we don't encounter any Word Bearers...things might get awkward for Ekieo...

Brother Ekieo wouldn't be dabbling in HERESY would he? If so, he should report himself to his nearest inquisitor or chaplain for enhanced psycho-indoctrination via boltgun.
Oh no no no no. His Chapter was practically wiped out by a Word bearers and Iron warriors ambush...he holds a bit of a burning inner rage and revenge for them...hes not a happy chappy over it.

On your character sheet, you have two sets of stats for your characteristics. The top ones in grey are for you without armour (yikes!) and the bottom half are in black, for your stats when you're dressed (phew!) There are two attributes you have to be careful with, as Mol says.

52b90f17a5.png

Courtesy of ashlander47

MR.

This makes complete sense now, thank you.

So black is the grey plus any bonuses you get from skills or traits.

@Mol,

So I updated my bolter damage to reflect that in the errata. I did not find anything for the damage output of the servo arm, so I left it as is according to the core book. If you want to change it that is fine by me, just let me know what it should be.

My squad abilities are one offensive squad and one defensive squad. They both come from rights of battle pg. 33. The offensive ability siege breaker is from the offensive table, and the defensive ability swift advance from the defensive. I think everything is in order, in that regard so if I'm wrong or missed some errata change or something please someone correct me.

Otherwise I think then everything is up to speed. Naturally I changed my starting tactic skill to armored combat as well.

I updated my tactic to Assault Doctrine. Did I miss something about equipment? Some of you guys are discussing chainswords, bolters, etc.

No, you're good, I think. Mol hasn't given us anything about weapons and equipment yet. I think some have added in the stuff that they automatically get based on their Speciality (bolt pistol, f+k g for all, bolter for Tacs, etc)

Gideon Thire/Komrade_Atomic: Can you move your purchases to the Revised Purchase History Sheet? You also need to add your Black (Armoured) stats.

I've transferred the Purchases and added in Equipment and Armour stats, everything in order?

Edited by Komrade_Atomic

I updated my tactic to Assault Doctrine. Did I miss something about equipment? Some of you guys are discussing chainswords, bolters, etc.

No, you're good, I think. Mol hasn't given us anything about weapons and equipment yet. I think some have added in the stuff that they automatically get based on their Speciality (bolt pistol, f+k g for all, bolter for Tacs, etc)

Getting tooled up is the best bit.

"Whassat?"

"It's me Bren gun."

MR.

If I'm reading it right, force weapons are pretty nuts.

Force Axe

1d10 + 3 + PR + Sb

If I'm counting my black (armoured) Sb for this, I'm hitting like a truck. Which I'm of course completely happy with.

Edit: that's not even counting the extra d10s I can channel on a hit with a Focus Power test...

Edited by Mojake

If I'm reading it right, force weapons are pretty nuts.

Force Axe

1d10 + 3 + PR + Sb

If I'm counting my black (armoured) Sb for this, I'm hitting like a truck. Which I'm of course completely happy with.

Oh it gets better.

If you wound a creature you can do a focus power test and make it explode with the power of your mind.

MR.