9th Ed. Wishlist?

Lord Robertsen

Well said. But i'm afraid most of those fluffy and interesting 'off-board' things can not be sold in a store like models. So unfortunately we most likely will get only some renovated old stratagems and doctrines, not whole new mechanics giving bonuses without something material on the table. For example to get one-use 'orbital bombardment' now you need MoO or OoF models, and their abilities don't make enemies running scared to be honest.

Ah well, true and not true. I am sure GW can find ways to sell new stuff nevertheless.

In the case of AM, actually it would not take too much effort: as much as I love my (metal) Catachans, I'd probably buy any new infantry provided it's done well and covers all regimental options (IE, not one squad of Krieg). I believe most fellow Guard fans are so desperately awaiting new plastic infantry that they'd do the same. The new CA ban on mixing regiments has further limited the collections of many players, I believe, as many used to mix a couple of them.

And of course GW can always come up with new data sheets and fancy accessories to encourage buying new stuff.

All battle cannons to have flat 3 damage. 
Banblade to have +2 sv or +4 invulnerable save

Baneblade to have 3 BS 

Baneblade to cost 450 with side sponsons (same as 2xTC with HB sponsons)

Forgeworld tanks to be much more inline with baneblade stats above. 

Edited by TCC

i just wish the upgrade sprue was put back in the vehicle kits instead of them milking us for more money.

They will, and they'll increase the price because of it too. Lol.

Salamander?

I'd love to see the Salamander to come back. 

Otherwise bring back the Centaur as a cheap transport and add the option for a light tank based on the same chassis like this. 

unknown.png

Something like:

Centaur Light Tank: 60 points. 

M12. WS6+. BS4+. S5. T6. W8. A2. Ld7. Sv3+.

Has a twin autocannon, can upgrade to twin lascannon for 10 points.

Edited by jarms48

except it’s generally a :cussty vehicle that’s not easily available and doesn’t have twin ACs.

Well, basically it is an open-topped Chimera. I won't believe a guard collection to not have a spare autocannon to put on top of the hull. So you don't have to be an artisan to make one. But yes, it's not a twin autocannon. And in general it was a strange vehicle rulewise. 

Well, basically it is an open-topped Chimera. I won't believe a guard collection to not have a spare autocannon to put on top of the hull. So you don't have to be an artisan to make one. But yes, it's not a twin autocannon. And in general it was a strange vehicle rulewise. 

I think the Salamander could have worked if it's autocannon was heavy 4, or 2D3. Make it 75 points. 

Some ideas I had.

Strats and some keywords

Ambush 1 cp

Can be used on any unit with the scout keyword.

A selected unit may move forward up to 3” during the shooting phase, and shoot, and then may return to their previous position during the combat phase.

Brace 1CP

Maybe used on any unit with the brace keyword

Selected unit gets a 4++

I’d primarily intend this to make sentinels a bit more useful and to differentiate between the two a bit more and to help increase their survivability a bit.

• 1 month later...

I'm really excited to see that Kasrkins are very likely to come back now. I know they were on that rumour and that person has already been right about everything else, but the official rumour mill kinda confirms that. Which is nice.

Though I definitely think they're going to be heavily pushed and the only way to really run regular Guard competitively. I'm imagining Scion statlines, Scion equipment, and no deepstrike. At about 8 points. With the ability to also get the <Regiment> keyword. So they'll be the most efficient infantry available to us. 

As for Scions, I imagine they'll be heavily incentivised to be taken in their own detachments. With those detachments finally getting a second trait. 

I'm still not really keen on this new tank. It's just going to invalidate the Leman Russ, Malcador, Macharius, or Baneblade. We don't need it and it makes me think GW will be putting some of the FW tanks to Legends. 

Edited by jarms48

I understand the consternation, but has anything similar happened in 9th so far? Most of the new Sisters stuff isn’t must take from what I follow

I only play Kill Team though, so I’m not. 40k expert by any means.

I can definitely see Scions being incentivized for their own Detachments. Scions having their own regimental rules is the biggest reason I always doubted Kasrkin.

Edited by sitnam

I understand the consternation, but has anything similar happened in 9th so far? Most of the new Sisters stuff isn’t must take from what I follow

I only play Kill Team though, so I’m not. 40k expert by any means.

I can definitely see Scions being incentivized for their own Detachments. Scions having their own regimental rules is the biggest reason I always doubted Kasrkin.

idk if the new tank is must take but that main gun makes it seem like a very good choice if it has decent points.

Ya, but at the same time we can look at SMs and see what Primaris has done to most firstborn models.  I think our best hope is 2 things:

1 - A phased-in approach.  Like primaris, on release it's a really cool model, but the rules don't invalidate the LRBT.  Over the next few codexes, the tank gets better and better.

2 - the LRBT with sponsons is already too big for a 9th edition battlefield (width-wise).  Anything that can be seen dies, so if this new tank is between a LRBT & BB, let's say about the size of a Malcador, then it will have to have ridiculous durability (or movement) or it will get picked up turn 1.  This would make it a niche model, not a competivive choice.

I mean look at Eldar...the best stuff seems to not really be the new things. Hell, the most broken unit at first glance is the freaking Falcon, which is more than a quarter of a century old.

Too be fair, that's likely GW wanting to sell more Falcon kits. The Wave Serpent has been superior for the majority of 40k. 

2 - the LRBT with sponsons is already too big for a 9th edition battlefield (width-wise).  Anything that can be seen dies, so if this new tank is between a LRBT & BB, let's say about the size of a Malcador, then it will have to have ridiculous durability (or movement) or it will get picked up turn 1.  This would make it a niche model, not a competivive choice.

Honestly. I'd love a new Russ kit that had the FW turret and front hull, maybe slightly shorter (the Russ is too tall) and with Malcador/Macharius sponsons (which aren't as wide).

Not the best photo, but its the only one I can find. This is one of the HH Russes. Pretty sure that's the Malcador sponson from the Infernus. Fits perfectly and appears less wide. 

2BrsaTCqoSRTuxRqJ-Jl7CvWK22JN2k-_M-Rt3dd

Edited by jarms48

Despite my distaste for scions if they are going to be their own sub faction they need a larger range.

If they keep scions, then I think we need to see some scion HWTs or something similar.

I also hope that Kasrkin have access to taurox primes, and maybe a harder hitting non-transport version of the T.Prime.

Maybe the tank will be Scion only? Hopefully not but who knows?

Despite my distaste for scions if they are going to be their own sub faction they need a larger range.

If they keep scions, then I think we need to see some scion HWTs or something similar.

I also hope that Kasrkin have access to taurox primes, and maybe a harder hitting non-transport version of the T.Prime.

Maybe the tank will be Scion only? Hopefully not but who knows?
the new heavy-heavy tank probably won’t be scion only, doesnt fit with the spec ops theme of scions so it’s unlikely.

New tanks this ed don't have a good record so far:sad.:

Sisters getting the predator type tank, what a pile of tripe that turned out to be:laugh.:

Then marines new flying/floating primaris tanks, don't see many of them in lists:ermm:

and thanks to no love at all for guard, we already have a pile of useless bs4 tanks available from fw:tongue.:

Hopefully it will be great and not just another bs4 cannon glued to some over costed heavy bolters:tongue.: :laugh.: