9th Ed. Wishlist?

Lord Robertsen

1 hour ago, Emperor Ming said:

I can see your 3rd point being true as its the new model:biggrin:

Cant see any new scion stuff, since everything's already been leaked, and it wouldn't make sense for them to get access to the taurox prime:no:

Happy to be wrong thou:smile:

It makes no sense for the taurox prime to be scion locked.

The history of Kasrkin is that they replaced the unit called storm troopers, then scions replaced the Kasrkin.

kasrkin are essentially the exact same thing as scions.

Chances are high that Guard won't get a Codex for 9.Ed as 10.Ed seems to be right around the corner...

Well at least we got lots of buffs throw Balanced Datasheet and FAQs, could be worst.

We are a very weak and outmatched Faction by any strech of the word, BUT! at least we are not Choas Deamons:banana:

I'm pretty sure we'll get our book by around September at this point. 10th isn't going to happen until next year and hopefully will mostly be a clean up of 9th, as I'm positive there's going to be Marines 2.0 first. They took so long to get all the books out between the pandemic and other things, I can't see them mostly invalidating the last set of them right away. 

As for the Taurox Prime, Scions and Kasrkin...well, I guess we already got told off by a mod once, so I won't get into that topic again. :sweat:

2 hours ago, domsto said:

Chances are high that Guard won't get a Codex for 9.Ed as 10.Ed seems to be right around the corner...

Well at least we got lots of buffs throw Balanced Datasheet and FAQs, could be worst.

We are a very weak and outmatched Faction by any strech of the word, BUT! at least we are not Choas Deamons:banana:

The changes have made us really good. I have taken a Baneblade variant and smashed Blood Angles. 

8 hours ago, domsto said:

Ofc guard will get a dex, gw not gonna miss out on a edition of monies for one faction:biggrin:

Just like marines will get a 2.o dex and squats will get a 9th dex as well (most likely). Because then that's two rounds of codexs for everyone to buy:tongue::yes:

1 hour ago, Emperor Ming said:

Ofc guard will get a dex, gw not gonna miss out on a edition of monies for one faction:biggrin:

Just like marines will get a 2.o dex and squats will get a 9th dex as well (most likely). Because then that's two rounds of codexs for everyone to buy:tongue::yes:

I'm worried that if we get a 9th ed dex then we won't get one for 10th, similar to what happened with the 6th ed book. If we get a 9th ed dex it will probably contain some elements of the new ruleset like the codex from 6th did.  Given how late in the release schedule guard always are they may not bother with one for the next edition if we get one now.

Hopefully we’ll get a book before Daemons (who likes them anyway!?!)

Clearly Leagues of Votann will be next given the previews of the range so far.

Can’t remember where I heard it but there was talk of Krieg getting a codex in 10th! If true I’d be a happy Korpsman!

10 hours ago, Harrowmaster said:

I'm worried that if we get a 9th ed dex then we won't get one for 10th, similar to what happened with the 6th ed book. If we get a 9th ed dex it will probably contain some elements of the new ruleset like the codex from 6th did.  Given how late in the release schedule guard always are they may not bother with one for the next edition if we get one now.

Nah, GW have changed since 8th edition. Now every faction has to get a codex in the edition. Out of the main factions there’s only a handful left:

- Squats

- Daemons

- Guard

- WE

- SM2.0

There’s rumours SM2.0 and WE will drop early 2023. So that only leaves Squats, Daemons, and Guard for the remainder of 2022.

All 40k editions have historically dropped between May - August. So I’d expect 10th to be the same in 2023. 

58 minutes ago, jarms48 said:

Nah, GW have changed since 8th edition. Now every faction has to get a codex in the edition. Out of the main factions there’s only a handful left:

- Squats

- Daemons

- Guard

- WE

- SM2.0

There’s rumours SM2.0 and WE will drop early 2023. So that only leaves Squats, Daemons, and Guard for the remainder of 2022.

All 40k editions have historically dropped between May - August. So I’d expect 10th to be the same in 2023. 

No point in SM2.0 in Jan or March if they’re releasing a new edition 2-5 months later.

SM2.0 being released that late means it’ll be written with the next edition in mind. Then Blood Angels will be getting a supplement/codex at launch. 10th might only have a single SM codex released, likely around the mid-point of the edition. It’s certainly not impossible. 

21 hours ago, TCC said:

The changes have made us really good. I have taken a Baneblade variant and smashed Blood Angles. 

i wouldn't be to sure about that, seeing as the intruduction of such a mayor thing like hammer of the Emperor had only minor impact on the overall winrate of Guard, the newest changes which where more convenience updates will have to prove themselfs.

But yes the Baneblade looks way better now, still not good but better.

Maybe i will take mine out of this Cardboard Tomb for a spin as well:biggrin:

The biggest issue with Baneblades is their size. Most tournament boards are made with gaps just big enough to fit a large knight, and Baneblades are larger than them. 

I wish they’d update the Baneblade kit again and make it slightly smaller. Even one inch off the length, half an inch off the width would be great. 

Tournament boards should account for baneblades. GW shouldn't have to make the kit smaller.

I'm starting to suspect a new Imperial Armour book is on the way. The current book is from the dawn of 8th, is horrifically underpowered and with the new Heresy era tanks likely to be included in the next printing I can see a new book rather than an update of the current one. Whether they actually sit down and make half the units viable or just "lol slap an extra 1000 points so nobody will use it" remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, Shamansky said:

I wish the limit for Aircrafts to be changed so , that air-mobile infantry could become a viable option. And Aerial Drop ability became one of the doctrines, no just scions' special rule

Agree with aircraft, would love to have my Valkyrie out again moving my Cadian’s around. It would be great to have other drop vehicles - like sentinels or an aircraft that could pick up a tank and move it around

1 hour ago, Cpt_Reaper said:

Tournament boards should account for baneblades. GW shouldn't have to make the kit smaller.

It was previously much smaller. It's increased in size with every kit. Going all the way back to the old Armourcast ones. 

On 7/4/2022 at 5:19 PM, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

It makes no sense for the taurox prime to be scion locked.

The history of Kasrkin is that they replaced the unit called storm troopers, then scions replaced the Kasrkin.

kasrkin are essentially the exact same thing as scions.

It's because the Taurox Prime is tied directly to the Militarum Tempestus, which regimental troops aren't apart of. 

Edited by sitnam

1 hour ago, sitnam said:

It's because the Taurox Prime is tied directly to the Militarum Tempestus, which regimental troops aren't apart of. 

and there's literally no reason for that...that's the whole point i'm trying to make. 
there's no reason for the Prime to lock out regimental troops. there's no reason for the prime to be tied directly to scions....you literally just restated what i am arguing against...

1 hour ago, duz_ said:

Final warning, we've already had one thread temporarily closed due to opposing opinions on Scions and Karskins. 

If discussion doesn't remain civil here this thread will be closed. 

wasn't that closed because the discussion was off topic, while here on the wishlist thread it's my earnest wish for kasrkin to gain access to the prime with explanation...seems pretty on topic...

I've been tinkering with an idea for Ratlings.  Let them do the normal 9" infiltrate, but also give them a special rule where enemy models can't pre-game move within 9", or, if the enemy does pre-game move within 9" or set up as reinforcements within 12" they take d3 MWs. 

That would be HUGE for board screening, denying RND and/or Engage.

As for the Baneblade size, I usually make an agreement with my opponent that tanks can fit thru large gaps, even if the model doesn't actually fit.  None of my opponents have ever had an issue with that, though admittedly I don't play in tournaments.