State of the Union (Heresy)

It looks like Cataphractii to me but there are definitely tartaros elements. I'm starting to think that that is a deliberate design plan by FW so players can run them as either. Saves them making one of each and I certainly wouldn't argue with anyone who wanted to use them as either option.

The only Cataphractii-like element I see is the top of the knee. Otherwise, its all Tartaros.

Yep. The announcement in May notes it's Tartaros armor: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/14/the-new-imperial-fists-praetors-are-perfect-for-butchering-iron-warriors/.

Edited by Cris R

I wonder how gladiator the WE praetors will look.

I love the 30K Khârn so if they come out anything like that then I will be stoked. And I don't even collect World Eaters. Yet.

Did you guys see the background title they used for the IF preator release today? The Siege of Terra... :smile.:

Either another mistake like they wrong title they used for the Death Korps or could be a sign of good things to come. I hope for the later.

It is on the FW website, it might only be the mobile image on the front page, so try visiting on a mobile device instead. I think it's just a mistake, just like how they marked the DKoK stuff AoD a few weeks back.

They removed it from the site. I saw it on my PC earlier and now they zoomed the image differently so it doesn't show the text.

Valrak has a video suggesting the new box won’t be out this year according to one of his sources but we’ll get the Khan model. Not having the box out this year pretty much stops most of my heresy purchases as there doesn’t seem to be much point if it’s getting upscaled.

The not knowing is the most frustrating thing.

I want to know:

When (to plan)?

What (there are whispers of MkII etc and if it was a full range of armour marks and unit types (even if just covered by different upgrade packs) I'd be tempted to ditch my two copies of BaC, one BoP and a bunch of the resin MkIV)?

I'm literally sitting on some money that I would have spent elsewhere (but still on GW/FW goods) but I don't want to risk missing the box if it is a limited run/there is some cool limited stuff with the launch (I could see a Black Book style limited edition rulebook if they're relaunching the game which I feel is what is happening).

Edited by Hfran Morkai

Next year is plausible. It's undoubtedly a big release and there isn't much time left to market it this year. We'll know by the end of the month.

I hope not. I need an excuse to put off starting BT or not painting my banana boi's. HH re-vamp would give me the kick needed to paint my IW's more, because CSM sure isn't doing it for me right now. :sad.:

Edited by MegaVolt87

That latest video does not seem plausible. The whole " lets package a book together with the model" thing feels empty. First of all, the book that he says is coming out is the regular hardcover so that would mean that in the months prior to it, we would have had the limited edition, so its not really a simultaneous hype release anyway.

Secondly, the whole month of October being blank is far better suited to a HH boxed game release like the various previous rumor sources indicated, than releasing 1 model.

Covid delays or not, I don't think GW can afford to 'waste' a full month without a decent 40k release.

I may be wrong, it has happened once or twice, but every month since 8th began has seen a 40k based release of varying degrees beyond single models - be it a new codex, kill team release, campaign book, xmas battle boxes or whatever. 

That an entire month, with only two pay days before christmas, will be virtually empty apart from a welcome but niche primarch release seems highly unlikely. 

Given the current instability it's entirely possible. There's legitimate concern about how Christmas will shape up in the UK this year due to the haulage and shipping issues - what good is it promoting a major product if you can't feasibly get it to your customers?

That latest video does not seem plausible. The whole " lets package a book together with the model" thing feels empty. First of all, the book that he says is coming out is the regular hardcover so that would mean that in the months prior to it, we would have had the limited edition, so its not really a simultaneous hype release anyway.

Secondly, the whole month of October being blank is far better suited to a HH boxed game release like the various previous rumor sources indicated, than releasing 1 model.

Kindly reminder that Squats will come this year and that they could possible drop in October.

I want to be wrong about this whole topic, but I don't see a box, a new edition or a plastic Spartan coming.

What I do see is plastic MKVI and a new missle launcher for Contemptors.

Very true. And even that is debatable - I can't tell plastic from resin when painted in grainy potato-cam photos.

I do think it's all pretty likely but the hard truth is that everything is speculation until GW makes an announcement.

I would actually be ok with next year as I was really trying to make this year the year I beat the grey pile of shame that has been gathering dust on my shelves.

Very true. And even that is debatable - I can't tell plastic from resin when painted in grainy potato-cam photos.

I do think it's all pretty likely but the hard truth is that everything is speculation until GW makes an announcement.

I would actually be ok with next year as I was really trying to make this year the year I beat the grey pile of shame that has been gathering dust on my shelves.

Same, same.

I have to paint 3000 points of Vlka Fenryka until November.:rolleyes:

And build the miniatures first. :whistling: