State of the Union (Heresy)

Well, if they don't release the box this year they won't geht my money. Since the pictures were leaked I set aside an amount that would be enough for two boxes (at least I hope so :-D) But over time I find myself more on the Forgeworld website and contemplating buying a second Warhound. They will most likely never see a game together but a pack of Warhounds is a pack of Warhounds.

Well, we will see. :-D

Edited by derLumpi

Well, if they don't release the box this year they won't geht my money. Since the pictures were leaked I set aside an amount that would be enough for two boxes (at least I hope so :-D) But over time I find myself more on the Forgeworld website and contemplating buying a second Warhound. They will most likely never see a game together but a pack of Warhounds is a pack of Warhounds.

May I introduce you to the wonders of the Titans Walk?

https://youtu.be/5frPcHbL7vg

I'm the same id like to pick up two boxes and i'm not buying anything else until they come out. I don't see the point of buying any units as a newer Horus Heresy player as all the rumours point to everything being rescaled. I will probably pick up the sons of Horus praetors when they come out but that's about it. The wait is a pain and it still baffles me they've not even acknowledged it yet. 

I'm the same id like to pick up two boxes and i'm not buying anything else until they come out. I don't see the point of buying any units as a newer Horus Heresy player as all the rumours point to everything being rescaled. I will probably pick up the sons of Horus praetors when they come out but that's about it. The wait is a pain and it still baffles me they've not even acknowledged it yet. 

I'm doing pretty much the same! I have 2000 points of SoH built in various states of paint progress, so using this time to blast through those and save my pennies up to get two boxes on release (apart from the SoH praetors I'll be getting on release) and get back to restarting my Ultramarines!

Not sure if this has been picked up, but the Legion Grav Gun weapon set has popped up today and I think it has been a while since that was in stock?

It was touted as a new release (think it was launched last Friday with the IF Praetors). I'm guessing the previous one had grips instead of hands? Never paid much attention to grav to be honest.

Same story as the Umbra Bolter set then - and the hands on them are painted the same as well I think.

Been away from this thread / the forum for a while, but am absolutely loving the semi-regular pattern of releases & previews that is in flow now. Nice to know for certain that there is stuff coming soon. 

So do any other Fraters have rising concerns regarding the new scale with the new IF in mind? I feel like GW have decided that the Primaris scale is best and is upscaling to that with no regards to their current kits (Mk3/4 and the Cata and Tart termies) which make up a fair bit of people's armies.

If (this is a big bloody if) this is just the 'Heroic HQ' scale and the new marks are just under Primaris (or even CSM scale) I could probably live with that, but would have to swap kits about to make them look a similar height. If this is a sign of the times... well I'm not sure I'm all for it anymore...

Im not too worried since I'm generally OK with HQ Units standing out and, with Polux and Sigismund having their own uber-mega resin rocks to make them almost twice as tall as a plastic Mk IV marine (with the display base, a bit less without them), the scale difference will only become apparent if you hold them up next to each other side by side and at less than arms length away.

Edited by Slips

I am kind of worried because I prefer the smaller scale marines and obviously a consistent style across my armies. Large miniatures make nice pieces but they also take more space, take longer to paint and fit even less inside vehicles. I can live with a Primarch not being able to enter a Spartan, but if any tac marine make it looks like a Rhino... Sure, squatty pose for plastic marines is quite bad, but I have Raldoron or Tylos Rubio and those miniatures are incredible and quite well proportioned.

I am wondering whether there is much space for size increase in a Mk6 marine sprue. The Mk4 or Mk3 are already well packed and I am under the impression that kits that got rescaled a lot got their number of model per sprue reduced. e.g. tactical marines are 10 on 3 sprues while intercessors are 10 on 4 sprues. Since the content of the next HH box leaked with 30 marines and quite a lot of other stuff, I believe the marines are still 10/3 and so probably not much rescaled. Maybe something comparable to deathwatch (also 10/4 but have a lot of bits). Deathguard which I find too big and a lot of people are calling truescale Mk3 are 7/3 according to pics on the GW store.

The recent FW release are probably demonstrating I'm wrong and widhful thinking. But these releases are resin special characters, so maybe they got even bigger ...

Worst case scenario, the heresy is rescaled and the rule system updates. Then there would be plenty of aftermarket marines on ebay and I would still play with the old rules doing cross-games with Battlefleet Gothic (in my dreams :D).

I am wondering whether there is much space for size increase in a Mk6 marine sprue. The Mk4 or Mk3 are already well packed and I am under the impression that kits that got rescaled a lot got their number of model per sprue reduced. e.g. tactical marines are 10 on 3 sprues while intercessors are 10 on 4 sprues.

Check out the sprues of the new Chaos Marines multipart kit, it has 10 guys in 3 sprues with several torso variants for the same legs, and weapons  equivalent to a MkIV box. They're just more densely packed.

A little scale creep is fine and unavoidable really. But....l will reserve judgement until the models are actually out in the wild.

Even then it probably won't bug me. Most of the time we are talking a matter of a millimetre or maybe two and I think you have to be looking pretty hard to even notice.

Scale creep is fine, but scale creep within the same army looks odd. 

I gave up 40k because of primaris, not because the marines got bigger, but that they shared the same space - without monologuing - had GW released primaris intercessors and said 'wayhey, look how awesome new tactical marines look!' I'd have been massively on board.  But that they had to invent reasons for them all living together.....meh, not for me. 

So, if my blood angels guys are smaller than the new guys, then I don't want to add the new guys to my blood angels - but I will start a new faction based on the new sculpts - probably. If they are as uncomfortable to build as primaris or the new chaos marines then I might not, but I do want the spartans so.....

A little scale creep is fine and unavoidable really. But....l will reserve judgement until the models are actually out in the wild.

Even then it probably won't bug me. Most of the time we are talking a matter of a millimetre or maybe two and I think you have to be looking pretty hard to even notice.

That’s on the mark. One thing I have to remind myself whenever I see the mistakes I couldn’t correct at the end of a painting project is that other people won’t notice them or care as much as I do. If the new models are slightly larger, I think most people looking at an army with different scales will do the same and not care, especially if you do an ace job painting all of them. I know others disagree but that’s how I see it. Edited by Cris R

We have some Heresy releases! 

Argel Tal finally makes his appearance, and a really quick turn around from being previewed. The Ultramarine Praetors are being released. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/05/sunday-preview-two-new-battletomes-and-a-whole-new-show-on-warhammer/?fbclid=IwAR2wJHSdk-8GFtPMXC8vWXjbonFG0AzlTt84gE94V_59fbEzJWGtJV1cXH4

Odd that they've broken their month and a half pace between releases for the first time in many months, as well as double stacked Argel Tal with the UM praetors. That only leaves the SoH Praetor(s?) left out of what they've announced so far.