'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

44 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

Well sorry to steal your thunder, @Machine God, but I wanted to pump out some more dakka with Vesalius and give the Iron Gods's back line a chance to move in closer.

No you're fine @Necronaut it was certainly see the logic and it allows Draak to do something that A.T. suggested.

Fair enough!

I've added Bolter Assault Actions for Radago and Ithan to the current Summary... the first Terminator is down!!! :biggrin:

Just BP shots from Decimus and Brynjarr to add for BA.

They won't make any difference either way for Vesalius' regular Actions, so I'll do some rolls for Red 5's forcefield vs. the plasma shots!

In the interests of keeping things moving (and given that it's only a couple of BP shots into TDA, and that Tro said I should! :laugh:) I've rolled some dice for Brynjarr and Decimus' to complete the Bolter Assault.

Added these to the summary post. (Decimus got a 10 for RF so actually managed to push a few Wounds through on Red 1!!!)

Anyway, on to regular Actions, Vesalius has acted so we're up to Draak!

Hmm, apologies all, just realised I really need to go read up on how Knockdown actually works as I don't have a clue… please stand by… :huh::laugh:

@BC: Sorry, just to check, does that mean you have rolled your regular attack for this Round? (and missed, presumably! :tongue:

1 minute ago, Lysimachus said:

Hmm, apologies all, just realised I really need to go read up on how Knockdown actually works as I don't have a clue… please stand by… :huh::laugh:

@BC: Sorry, just to check, does that mean you have rolled your regular attack for this Round? (and missed, presumably! :tongue:

It's an Opposed Strength Test, P241 Core Rules.

Ok, think I got that right, I couldn't remember the interaction with Unnatural Characteristics and Opposed tests, and Feat of Strength on top of that! :wacko:

Just one question, MG, on the TH attack you've put SB as 20? Should be 14, right? Or maybe I'm missing something?

14 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Ok, think I got that right, I couldn't remember the interaction with Unnatural Characteristics and Opposed tests, and Feat of Strength on top of that! :wacko:

Just one question, MG, on the TH attack you've put SB as 20? Should be 14, right? Or maybe I'm missing something?

No its 14 normally but the Feat of Strength raises the level by one.

Thunder Hammer - Triples Strength, P3 DW Living Errata.

I think that I've added the Armour Bonus twice, so it should be SB 18.

4 x4 +2 = 18.

I will further edit my post.

Aah, gotcha, so its SB4 to start, UnStr raises it to x2, TH raises it to x3, Feat of Str raises it to x4...

and power armour bonus of +2!

Total 18, perfect! :thumbsup:

Edit: edited the summary post to include 4 extra Wounds suffered.

Edited by Lysimachus

@Lysimachus - GM, did Red 4 also spend a Fate Point for activating a Solo Mode - Out of Initiative Sequence?

Also Thunder Hammer's are Concussive (P 142 Core Rules). Red 4 has to make a Toughness Check or be Stunned for 1 Round.

Red 4 is also automatically Knocked Down as the Damage is greater than his Strength Bonus.

Good spot, forgot about Concussive, will add!

I figured FoS could be activated as a Reaction to the attack...?

But... it's a moot point anyway, I think?

Even if he had lost the Opposed test, he wouldn't have taken any Damage from the Knockdown itself. And other than that, the end result (taking Concussive into account) will be the same, as he'll still end up Prone?

Edited by Lysimachus

I think that the Board Update may have got rid of the Spoiler problem, but I'm not sure. 

I've just posted with my phone and not had any problems with the Spoiler. What I did was leave a big gap between normal text paragraphs by hitting Return three times and then placing the Spoiler in the middle of the gap. 

Edited by Machine God
Typo

Yeah, as I've been working on the posts for DoI, just slap a few lines in before you start spoilering and clean it up.  You can also copy and paste spoilers into different posts and move them around, but again, you need existing lines.

We'll get used to it!

26 minutes ago, Machine God said:

Did the Rosarius save Nergui from taking any damage from the Plasma Gun? 

Now I’m worried to read the other game thread :P

Done my round 4 actions, will add fluff for it (and possibly a bit of round 3, same combat and all) when I can.

Also Brynjarr has learned to juggle at some point. This combat has been Shield, Bolter, Inferno Pistol, Axe, Inferno Pistol and Axe, Bolt Pistol, back to Axe/IP LOL

As there are only 2 targets left and they are both on their last couple of Wounds, as well as being surrounded by IG, I'm inclined to end Structured Time and let you finish them off narratively? Any objections?

First though, we should probably still have Dodge rolls for Brynjarr and Decimus, just in case the Termi Sgt rolls really hot and kills one or both of them... :whistling: