'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

12 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Mol explained it to me in Blackthorn once.

So, technically you roll Saves/Dodges/whatever after Hits, but before Damage is rolled.

So 2 successful Save rolls means that only 4 of the 6 Hits go through.

So I took the first 4 Hits as BC had rolled them.

Admittedly worked out well for Red 2, but no funny business involved! :tongue:

GM - It just seems weird though, seeing:

Forcefield rolls: 79, 82, 22, 7, 41, 62

It looks like Shots #1, #2, #5 and #6 went through and Shots #3 and #4 were saved.

Edited by Machine God
typo

It does indeed, but that is how it works. Hit Rolls > Save Rolls > Damage Rolls.

That is what you'd do if you were playing in person, we just tend to roll everything all at once because it saves time in a PBP game.

Anyway, Svelk and Brynjarr to go next, but do it in whatever order guys, I can't imagine there will be too much overlap in your Actions.

Edited by Lysimachus

I assumed Brynjarr will probably use his Dodge, but I figured it might save time to just roll the Damage as well and see what happened? No harm done, but I would assume Dodge was used?

Sorry, did not have time to post this morning, was actualy thinking of not dodging as thre is likly to be mroe incomming fire and Brynjarr is a rather easy target, but if dodge has been used then fine, we are not playing this hyper tactical anyway. I just have to hope that the other roll as poor on damamge as this marine. 

14 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

It does indeed, but that is how it works. Hit Rolls > Save Rolls > Damage Rolls.

That is what you'd do if you were playing in person, we just tend to roll everything all at once because it saves time in a PBP game.

Anyway, Svelk and Brynjarr to go next, but do it in whatever order guys, I can't imagine there will be too much overlap in your Actions.

Any GM worth his salt will do everything within his power to prolong the suffering enjoyment of his players. :thumbsup:

Edited by Necronaut

28 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

I think AT said something about the Multi-melta guy... but I could be wrong?

Yep, you can shoot at anyone, but the Strongpoint bonus is only on the nominated target.

No, I looked through all the OOC posts back to where you said that he could do it have being said in the Surprise Round and I looked for his posts in IC and AT didn't post with a Target.

5 minutes ago, Machine God said:

No, I looked through all the OOC posts back to where you said that he could do it have being said in the Surprise Round and I looked for his posts in IC and AT didn't post with a Target.

Saturday, 1:28am, OOC thread. He didn't confirm that, but that was his initial thought.

8 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Saturday, 1:28am, OOC thread. He didn't confirm that, but that was his initial thought.

Yes I just found it two posts above where I was looking:

Don't want to be without a dodge when the multimelta shooting starts ... and I think the melta guy is probably going to be his first pick unless there is a psyker amongst their number.

Both good options.

Vesalius might well be in trouble if he sticks around (but he will get to move before the Tacs in Round 2, as they aren't actually engaged in Melee yet?)

Or yep, Multi-melta is definitely dangerous, and it hasn't had a chance to fire in Round 1 yet?

Your call, mate. Old Vesalius has a trick or two up his sleeve, but assistance in an uneven fight would definitely be appreciated. Barring that, however, discretion is indeed the better part of valor. ;)

On the other hand the MM trooper represents a pretty major threat to everyone else. I really don't know how to counsel you. In this scenario it might be worth asking yourself what Svelk would do, outside of the vacuum of squad tactics. 

Edited by Necronaut