'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

I suppose the issue might be what they can use to scan or detect us. If we hide/teleport to the hull of the vessel and have our warplate on low power mode, we can possibly evade auspices or the like. If he has some form of psychic detection, that might prove thornier.

Ok, so looks like you have 2 solid options:

1. Throw the ship forward into any firepower that gets thrown at you and hope it holds together long enough for Odysseus to get into range to warp jump you to the surface.

2. Stay hidden in/on the ship, wait for Von Caeryd to let you dock (or transfer to whatever ship he sends out for inspection) and hope you can escape detection. Of course, this plan also assumes he isn't just going to blow Tragg's ship away anyway just to be on the safe side… :P

Maybe people want to vote (whether here or narratively IC?) on which they want to go with, and if we happen to get a 3-3 draw, Mol as leader will have the casting vote?

@BC: Is that 3 for plan 2?

@Necronaut: No worries mate, hope its not anything too stressful! ...don't want to put words in your mouth but I'm guessing(?) Vesalius might vote for Plan 2 as well, given its focus on sneaking rather than all out attack? :D

If you'd rather just post a number here rather than a full-on IC post, that's totally cool?

Not sure about Odysseus or the Traveller though? I guess maybe Odysseus wouldn't have any problems with warp jumping, and I think the Traveller would be quite content with killing Tragg and his crew... :P

Not sure about Odysseus or the Traveller though? I guess maybe Odysseus wouldn't have any problems with warp jumping, and I think the Traveller would be quite content with killing Tragg and his crew... :tongue.:

Odysseus wouldn't see this as a vote - the choice and the concequences to fall on the one who would lead.

Cool, that's a majority for 2 so I've moved ahead down that path... am I right in what I've posted that you've all moved out onto the outer hull?

Oops, sorry AT, posted then saw your post above, I think I may have misunderstood exactly how the power works? Is that how a Teleportarium works? I'll have to reread the HtC entry for it!

Anyway, on this ocassion hope you don't mind but for narrative purpose of advancing storylines/helping you get to know each other (and the fun of writing whatever weird randomness they want! :P) I'm gonna let people post what they want to post about the journey?

Edit: Obviously, as the tests were a complete success, no-one will be harmed by the journey (at least physically, you can choose how your character feels about it!)

Oops, sorry AT, posted then saw your post above, I think I may have misunderstood exactly how the power works? Is that how a Teleportarium works?

His power folds space together as a single point, effectively a door that you step through. Because you step directly from one point to the next there can't be anything in between (which is why he can't teleport through the hull).

More powerful forms of teleportation step briefly into the warp itself bypassing obstructions in the materium.

Ah ok, thanks, saves me looking it up! :D

Well, in that case I'll leave it to the individuals how much they want to play up/down the warp influence in their posts?

Sorry, was going to let people post any weirdness they wanted, then set the scene on the asteroid, but yep its a fair point you would see more of where you're going.

So I'm picturing you've landed on the outskirts of the base, on the asteroid surface itself but you can see the shapes of the base rising in front of you nearby?

Actually, hang on a few mins and I'll post in the IC? Edit: done!