'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

@AT: Yep, Errata pg6, Horde ranged attacks aren't Dodge-able unless it's an unusual weapon among the Horde (whereas with the Dominions, they've all got Meltas! ;)).

True, Melee shouldn't be Dodge-able, but I figured as it was only 1 Sister left (fluffwise) it seemed a bit unreasonable not to let Odysseus try to avoid it! :D

@MG: derp, miscounted somehow, I guess they're on 12 Mag, not 11!

Ok, updated up to Orphiel and Pic and current status included.

@Necro: Nope, because Theodora went before Odysseus and she moved, the second Celestian wasn't within 7m of the Smite any more, same for the Battle Sisters Squad.

My mistake -- the updated map explains all. Thanks for the clarification.

It's a pillbox with an interior level (just below ground level) that has a firing slit facing away from the House, and the roof level (which is probably 2m ish above ground level) with a parapet. The Sisters are on the roof so they can shoot the right way! :D

@AT: Yep, Errata pg6, Horde ranged attacks aren't Dodge-able unless it's an unusual weapon among the Horde (whereas with the Dominions, they've all got Meltas! :wink:).

Ah, hadn't seen that in the errata. Good to know for the future, will have to invoke the kine-shield at a higher power if we run into a horde of tau broadsides or something like that :p

Excellent, I've taken the extra Mag off!

@Mol: I thought everyone in Alpha used up their Kraks vs the Mortifier? Did you have some left over?

Edit: never mind, it looks like the Traveller didn't actually use his at all! :D

Edited by Lysimachus

Having re-read through the Mortifier fight, it appears the Traveller didn't use any Krak Grenades.

Round 1 I used a Semi-Auto Burst and didn't participate in the Bolter Assault, due to a lack of Cohesion.

Round 2 I used Bolter Assault (firing a bolter) and then charged with my Power Sword against the Sisters.

@Lysimachus - Draak hasn't used any Krak Grenades at all. He has used two Frag Grenades in this fight.

Squad Alpha had ample chances of ammunition from the dead Sisters of Battle between the Mortifier combat and the present combat. Any of the recovered grenades were probably used by Svelk for the bridge booby traps.

(Edit: Grenades changed to Svelk's bridge demolitions)

Edited by Machine God

@Necro - How did Vesalius do 2 Mag damage from one bolt pistol shot?

Explosive rounds deal 1 bonus hit vs hordes, if I'm not mistaken, plus he auto-wounds the seraphim with the bolt pistol. I didn't bother with the additional damage roll due to auto-wounding.

Edit: he auto-wounds vs AV7; I would have to roll for damage if not attacking the horde.

Edit 2: edited my bolter assault action for clarity

Edited by Necronaut

Vesalius is definitely in melee with the Seraphim squad, as they charged him last round. However, the likelihood of him being harmed by a frag grenade is fairly low, so feel free to throw! And by feel free, I mean please don't trigger Righteous Fury vs Vesalius.

Edit: in a past Black Crusade game, a friend who was playing a Chaos Astartes used his bandolier of frag grenades as a suicide vest while charging into a horde of cultists. He just absorbed the damage onto his armor and laughed at the wanton carnage.

Edited by Necronaut

Actually, given the propensity for things to go hilariously and horribly wrong in 40K RPG, let's not throw a frag grenade into the Seraphim squad. ;)

@Necro - Your lucky, Draak would have needed a 01 to hit after mods. I went for another target, what's 90 on the Body Chart?

Edit: in a past Black Crusade game, a friend who was playing a Chaos Astartes used his bandolier of frag grenades as a suicide vest while charging into a horde of cultists. He just absorbed the damage onto his armor and laughed at the wanton carnage.

Had a suicide bomber with a frag grenade in another DW game. The first one of us had a boarding shield, so all they achieved was killing the civilians they'd been hiding behind.