'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Could I have a quick rundown of how to use a Rhino in this game. What actions are avilable/tests are needed and such.

Right then young man *cracks knuckles* Always enjoy a good first driving lesson.  Now this is half 40K First Edition and Half RPG, so you roll not to see how well you do, but for how big the explosion is.

A Rhino has three speeds:

• Stopped (Waiting for granny to cross at the crossing)
  • Tactical Speed - 15m (Carrying breakables, unstable heavy furniture, looking for a space on a car park); and,
  • Cruising Speed - 70 Kph (Late for work, Drag racing at lights against Youths In Hatchbacks)

A Rhino gives no Ag Bonuses for driving it.  It's a Mehtul Bawks.

Tactical Speed is the only one you need to worry about, and forms the Half-Move Rate.  (So a Full Move is 30m)

Normal stuff at Tactical Speed does not usually require a Test, but any risky manoeuvres require one at a starting difficulty of Challenging (+0).  All Marines have Drive (Ground Vehicle) as a known skill.

You can do one of these things:

• Dodge (Ag Test -30 due to Size) but fail by 5 DoF and you crash.
  • Tactical Move (15m - 30m) 5 DoF and crash
  • Go evasive (-10 To Hit per DoS on Test) fail by 5 DoF and...
  • Floor it! (Test at -10, Pass = Full Move, +5m and + 5m per DoS) 5 DoF and...
  • Ramming Speed:

But looking at the situation, you may be unable to do this, since you need to move at least 15m, otherwise it's a gentle "Spill your tea" kind of bump...

I'd say you're far enough away to get up ramming Speed against the rear of the Immolator. But we can assume that you'll start slow enough that the characters in CC in front of you have time to get out of the way?

I think Rites of Battle has the rules for Damage on Ramming attacks, but I can't remember off the top of my head... but you'd be going Front Armour into Rear Armour and the Immo is down to 17 SI points left, so I reckon you'd have a decent shot at taking it out?

Edited the Bolter Assault summary post to include Ithan (who I forgot) but didn't do much...

Also, Mol the Paragon suits give Unnatural Str + T so they're all TB8? (I think C is still unlikely to survive as her Dodge is now used, but I'll just let the others finish off their BA actions before I start rolling SoF's for the Traveller's SAB)

@MG: just to clarify, by Celestine do you mean the Celestian C or Canoness Theodora, I wasn't 100%?

(If you meant the Celestian and she gets taken down by the Bolter Assault, I'll transfer the Traveller's SAB to the Canoness?)

@MG: just to clarify, by Celestine do you mean the Celestian C or Canoness Theodora, I wasn't 100%?

(If you meant the Celestian and she gets taken down by the Bolter Assault, I'll transfer the Traveller's SAB to the Canoness?)

@Lysimachus - Sorry, yes at C as she's the only one that Draak could see. I have updated my post.

Perfect, added and rolled SoF, failed so Celestian C is toast.

Just need Decimus and Odysseus Bolter Assault actions, then I'll go back to Traveller's regular actions (is that OK to transfer his shooting to Theodora, Mol? Or would you prefer to hit the Dominions?)

@Necro - You don't need to roll for Righteous Fury. Iron Gods characters automatically get it versus Agents of the Imperium.

Yeah I didn't roll to confirm, just for the bonus damage, but thanks for reminding me that I need to keep an eye on that in the future.

I'd say you're far enough away to get up ramming Speed against the rear of the Immolator. But we can assume that you'll start slow enough that the characters in CC in front of you have time to get out of the way?

I think Rites of Battle has the rules for Damage on Ramming attacks, but I can't remember off the top of my head... but you'd be going Front Armour into Rear Armour and the Immo is down to 17 SI points left, so I reckon you'd have a decent shot at taking it out?

So to ram the Immolator I need to roll an Ag -10 test to see if I drive the Rhino well enough to hit.

A bit of googleing seems to indicate I then do 1d10 + that facings Armour facing (31) damage against the 20 rear Armour of the Immolator. Does this sound right?

So to ram the Immolator I need to roll an Ag -10 test to see if I drive the Rhino well enough to hit.

A bit of googleing seems to indicate I then do 1d10 + that facings Armour facing (31) damage against the 20 rear Armour of the Immolator. Does this sound right?

You have it.

The important bit to Ramming is that you will move the target object 1m per point of damage you inflict, so as long as you hit it, you're going to shove them 10m+ and potentially send a flaming wreck down into oblivion.

Still only counts as one...

Hmm, just a thought but worth a FP reroll?

Edit: not that it mattered for the first try, but I don't think it's a -10 test, RoB says its Challenging (+0)?

Otherwise, yep the Rhino will move forward a few metres and stop (With driving tests it seems to be 5DoF causes a crash, so you're OK there at least!).

Or if you want to try the same thing again next Round, we can say it stalls in place (that way you'll still have a bit of a run up to get enough speed up).

Edited by Lysimachus

Edit: not that it mattered for the first try, but I don't think it's a -10 test, RoB says its Challenging (+0)?

Otherwise, yep the Rhino will move forward a few metres and stop (With driving tests it seems to be 5DoF causes a crash, so you're OK there at least!).

Or if you want to try the same thing again next Round, we can say it stalls in place (that way you'll still have a bit of a run up to get enough speed up).

It's a gearbox not a toolbox!

I had assumed it was a -10 on account of being tricky, it’s a narrow bridge, and there is a friendly to avoid or some such.

However even without that the reroll also failed.