'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

@BC: Thanks, I've added that to the BA summary post!

@Sobek: awesome to see you, definitely some interesting stuff been happening for Beta, and Radago in particular! If you'd like to add any fluff for his Actions please do? Just an idea, but now they're safely back on the ship, I guess that could take the form of a flashback or something...?

@All: In general, I just wanted to ask everyone, is the next week or so a good time for gaming or a bad time for gaming? I'm happy to keep going, but if it's a busy time for the majority, I'm cool with taking the holiday period off and coming back to it once we're into the new year?

@BC: Thanks, I've added that to the BA summary post!

@Sobek: awesome to see you, definitely some interesting stuff been happening for Beta, and Radago in particular! If you'd like to add any fluff for his Actions please do? Just an idea, but now they're safely back on the ship, I guess that could take the form of a flashback or something...?

@All: In general, I just wanted to ask everyone, is the next week or so a good time for gaming or a bad time for gaming? I'm happy to keep going, but if it's a busy time for the majority, I'm cool with taking the holiday period off and coming back to it once we're into the new year?

@Lysimachus - I vote for Keep Playing please! Keeps us sane over Chrimbo

What kind of roll would be required to yank one of the Retributors off the edge?

Or, if I can charge and use Wrathful Descent like normal, I can use any throwing shenanigans to justify the effects of that.

I do feel like Wrathful descent might be a bit unbalanced against hordes this small/elite.

Edited by Beren

@Beren: Yep, I reckon perhaps a regular Charge and Wrathful Descent might be simpler ruleswise, but definitely chucking people over narratively!

Yep, it's got great potential Wrathful Descent, but also potential to do not much... I always thought I'd actually prefer it to be 1d5 +2 or something, not quite as killy but guaranteed to do at least a few? If you'd rather do that instead I'm fine with it, or if you'd rather stick to the d10 that's fine too!

@Mol: Yep, no problem, I'll work on it later today, if Svelk does choose to Charge the Retributors (might be a good move to stop them shooting next turn?) I can move us right up to Decimus and you can see if you'd rather use the Dodge somewhere else? There are the 2 other Paragon Suits and the 2 Stormbolters on the Rhinos and the Seraphim to go, plus Decimus although he is Engaged so can only take Melee Actions at the moment.

You have sealed armour, so you can make actions normally, otherwise you would have to run around and scream.  When your turn comes around, you may try to put the fire out as a Full Action on a -20 Ag Test   Until you do, you take 1D10 Energy damage (no reduction for armour, since you're being cooked alive) and take 1 Level of Fatigue.

Fatigue isn't a huge problem for you yet, nor is the heat, but it can chip away at you, so sooner rather than later.

You have sealed armour, so you can make actions normally, otherwise you would have to run around and scream. When your turn comes around, you may try to put the fire out as a Full Action on a -20 Ag Test Until you do, you take 1D10 Energy damage (no reduction for armour, since you're being cooked alive) and take 1 Level of Fatigue.

Fatigue isn't a huge problem for you yet, nor is the heat, but it can chip away at you, so sooner rather than later.

@MR - Thanks for the heads up.

Draak has The Flesh is Weak(3) which gives the Machine Trait and the armour points given can be used against fire.

(Edit: typo)

Edited by Machine God

Ok, I've added Actions up to the end of the Round, with the exception of Svelk and Decimus, so Mol, you're free to use your Dodge on the Hit that actually wounded! :D

Will add a new map showing all the changes at the top of Round 2.

@MG: As Mazer said its a Full Action to stop, drop and roll. However, given the cold and snow all over the place I'll be waiving the -20 on the Ag Test.

@Beren: Yep, I reckon perhaps a regular Charge and Wrathful Descent might be simpler ruleswise, but definitely chucking people over narratively!

Yep, it's got great potential Wrathful Descent, but also potential to do not much... I always thought I'd actually prefer it to be 1d5 +2 or something, not quite as killy but guaranteed to do at least a few? If you'd rather do that instead I'm fine with it, or if you'd rather stick to the d10 that's fine too!

@Mol: Yep, no problem, I'll work on it later today, if Svelk does choose to Charge the Retributors (might be a good move to stop them shooting next turn?) I can move us right up to Decimus and you can see if you'd rather use the Dodge somewhere else? There are the 2 other Paragon Suits and the 2 Stormbolters on the Rhinos and the Seraphim to go, plus Decimus although he is Engaged so can only take Melee Actions at the moment.

I'll use your value for this fight, I don't really want to accidentally wipe a whole one of their squads in one go by accident (my recent Delta Green experience has told me that dice cannot be counted upon to be reasonable.)

Very nice! Don't forget you do an extra Hit for every 2 DoS against a Horde so you've got a couple more there! (crb.360, Melee)

And yep, the Retributors are one Horde so you can potentially damage both sides, so for future Rounds, you are in CC with all of them (narratively it's only a few metres to jump across)

2nd edit: double derp, I just understood what you've been talking about.. remember each Sister shown on the map represents 3 Mag of a Horde, so although you've killed 8 Mag that's only 2 and 2/3 of actual Sisters! ;)

Edit: And derp, just remembered Hordes can't Dodge or be Dodged, so no one needs to roll for those!

Edited by Lysimachus

:lol:

I don't want to push ahead too much, as I think BC said he was busy around this time, but while we wait for his Round 1 actions I do have a little bit of setting up for Round 2 I can post... hold please...