'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Unfortunately not, Horde Size to Hit modifiers start at Mag 30 (+30), then go Mag 60 (+40) and up, but not below? (crb359)

Anyway, I'm going to post a first Summary and I'll edit everyone's BA actions into that?

@Lysimachus - So all of the missed grenades missed then and didn't get good 'Scatter' rolls on p248? I mean they only move d5 metres.

Mag Dam is worked out the same way as regular damage.

Dam roll - (AV - Pen) - TB = number of Wounds.

But for Hordes, as long as that number is 1 or more, it does 1 Mag Dam. But anything over that is wasted. So a single shot lascannon blast does a ton of Dam, but its wasted shooting at a Horde of termagaunts, as it will still only knock off 1 Mag per Hit.

That's not what my p359 says on Damaging a Horde, first paragraph. I get the explanation in my head now, it was the example that was confusing the issue.

Well, I hope that the coordinates for the two are not the same, otherwise that acid bath will look mild by comparison.  

Ah yes, but it's only an explosive attack, and as we know explosive weapons only roll a D10..wait.

:facepalm:

Just off screen to the left, didn't have space to put it in. It might move on in later Rounds if the Sisters manage to move the wreck out of the way?

As far as you can see, it should be empty though. 4 Rhinos and 1 Immolator have a Carrying Capacity of 46, and the total number of Sisters on the board is 43 (with the 3 Paragons each counting as 2 taking up the last couple of spaces).

Very nice post MG! I think that deserves a few FP replenished as well. I've been giving others 2, but that would take you over your starting amount, so I'll give you 1 to top you back up to your full 2, plus an extra 1 that has to be used in this battle or it will be lost. That sound fair to you?

As to when the Dagger will arrive, I figure you've got to be ok for at least 1 Round without reinforcements, right? :D

Speaking of, I think we just need BC's actions for the Bolter Assault, then we're back to the Traveller for his regular turn?

Very nice post MG! I think that deserves a few FP replenished as well. I've been giving others 2, but that would take you over your starting amount, so I'll give you 1 to top you back up to your full 2, plus an extra 1 that has to be used in this battle or it will be lost. That sound fair to you?

@Lysimachus - That sounds very fair to me, thank you.

Paging Capt. Achard: requesting Astartes insertion and/or orbital bombardment.

@Necro - Nice idea.

Are those things mutually exclusive..?

@Mazer - Not necessarily. In the old Apocalypse rules there was a Data-Sheet for a Teleport Attack where a unit of Terminators teleported onto the battlefield after a Lance Strike. Of course Squad Bravo are only in Power Armour - its only a short bit of warp travel.... 

Lysimachus - do you roll for scatter for the missed frag grenades? Considering the tight confines of the bridge, it's possible we might be able to accidentally hit other targets!

@Mol - I asked this in message #1902, but I didn't get an answer.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/369913-to-plunder-the-stars-themselves-ooc-thread/?p=5774830

I did, MG reminded me but I forgot to post results. Ithan's went past and out towards Svelk, Draak's fell back into the chasm. Svelk's did actually scatter onto Rhino 2, but I don't think it has enough Dam to do anything so I didn't roll... actually maybe it could, I can't remember now...?

Edit: ninja'd!