Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

Haha, we definitely need some kind of teaser, leak or rules rumour, if only as a distraction away from the ‘are leaks appropriate’ discussion!

In all seriousness, I’d hoped to see a bit more too but any release delays give us all more time to reduce our pile of shame and hone our understanding of 9th edition (at least in my case).

not for me... I think i will start to paint when I know what will be in my lists in the future

Haha, we definitely need some kind of teaser, leak or rules rumour, if only as a distraction away from the ‘are leaks appropriate’ discussion!

In all seriousness, I’d hoped to see a bit more too but any release delays give us all more time to reduce our pile of shame and hone our understanding of 9th edition (at least in my case).

not for me... I think i will start to paint when I know what will be in my lists in the future

I’m relying on the fact that Redemptors, Outriders, BGV and Chaplain on a bike will still be viable once the supplement drops. I think they are mostly safe bets unless Sword Brethren are significantly better than BGV.

BGV are stupid cheap, 105pts for 9W with 2+/4++ and a power sword and you can just put them in an objective. If Sword Brethren are better than BGV will still probably a cheap and durable unit to place in your objectives or chase off units or just be a nuisance and Sword Brethren can be the new hotness to put on Impulsors or whatever they are good at.

BGV are stupid cheap, 105pts for 9W with 2+/4++ and a power sword and you can just put them in an objective. If Sword Brethren are better than BGV will still probably a cheap and durable unit to place in your objectives or chase off units or just be a nuisance and Sword Brethren can be the new hotness to put on Impulsors or whatever they are good at.

They might be a flexible version, combi-weapons, swords and axes, trade one for the shield.

if there are not some good rules in addition then the BGV will always be better then SB. Stormshield is a must take. Maybe SB are a suizid squad like repentias just in better. I think (what i heard so far) they could be very powerful in impulsors to clear objectives. Maybe a few rules from our current index will change and just avaiable for the new units... but then not as stratagem but in the sheet. Advance and charge for example. 

I also wonder about our anti psyker stuff, based on some of the newly released codexes that we will face.

Although I did read somewhere that there is absolutely no point trying to shut down Thousand Sons psyker abilities and just to focus on being conventionally strong in offence and/or defence - which obviously suits Templars!!

Remember,this is Codex Supplement:BT!

We have and will still have access to all the (non-librarain)existed marine good stuffs.

Very true. I ordered a deathwatch combat patrol just because I can see it all still being useful. Converting those will kill the time til our release comes.

Remember,this is Codex Supplement:BT!

We have and will still have access to all the (non-librarain)existed marine good stuffs.

What makes things good choices rarely relies purely on their data sheet however. Things will depend on what actually gets buffed in the supplement. If special rules and stratagems for example only affect the new crusader squads and sword brethren, and those special rules and stratagems outweigh what BGV can put on the table, even if the BGV have a better data sheet than SB, then the SB could become the winner while initially appearing as though they might not be. 

A relic, a WLT, I mean anything really can really change the way your army plays and what units for that army would be considered good. 

Given my budget problems right now I wouldn't mind if the box only came in November, it'd make things easier for me... but then I wouldn't want to deprive others of an earlier launch :tongue.:

I just bought a house and the Kill Team box so I'm right there with you. I could use a little more time to save up, and this gives me some room to finish painting the Octarius models.

Yeah they officially hinted at it in a totally not subtle way and GW may be incompetent sometimes but I think that was too obvious of a wink and nudge to be a mistake. There will be info in the weeks to come and we are too far away from November for these previews to be for the main release, so what else would they be previewing these kits for? The launch box, we're all chomping at the bit for more information but its gonna come soon.

The last batch of rumors that got deleted that mentioned the Pyreblaster's stats said that the launch box would be ALONGSIDE the ork release, of which we still have one more wave, so if all goes as it has been rumored we should be weeks away from the fabled launch box. 

My own, perhaps tongue in cheek point is that unless and until something is actually announced, either on War Com as a stand-alone article, or in a preview stream, it cannot be put up for pre-order, and no-one knows what's coming up for a Saturday pre-order until the Sunday night before, and that's the most notice anyone ever gets, bar a two week pre-order.

So far, only the Champion, one Crusader and the book have been 'announced', and I would expect something like a launch box to be a full on preview Twitch stream reveal, which GW almost always announce on Sunday for the following Saturday, and even then, it can take months to get from preview stream to pre-order. (Look at the latest Aeronautica announcement! That was in May! What's up with that?)

Therefore, even if say GW tells us this Sunday (12th) there's a preview stream on the Saturday after (18th) the earliest anything could come up for pre-order is the 25th if they did the very unlikely thing of announcing it and giving us pre-order notice the very next day.

I'd love to be wrong on all of that, but it looks to me like a September launch box is becoming more and more unlikely.

At some point the rumor pointed to early October for the launch box.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear anything until the penultimate week of September (19-25th).

Once the orks and new slugmar stuff is out of the way.

+ Frater, the minions of the Lord of Disease have doubled the attacks on my chapel, yet I still prevail. This is the clearest sign their heathen warp prophets have already witnessed the shape of our glorious and eternal Crusade in their doomed futures.

Remain strong, Brethren. Our faith in Dorn, Sigismund and the Emperor! +

Cant wait to get my grubby hands on him.

Probably will go without helmet.

Maybe this small leak will force GW hands for a reveal :P

I'm sorry for the guys that dont like leaks tho.

If only there was a way to put images like that one behind something like a button, say marked 'spoiler' for the sake of argument, so that people who aren't super keen on leaks could choose to not see them, and then, if you don't click on that button, you con't see the leak.

It'll never catch on.

Careful brother, you may be labelled a heretic for your dangerous thinking.