JoyToy 40k - compilation (updated Jan 4, 2022)

25 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

Celestine looks great. Now that they've made such a renowned character, I wonder if they'll ever do Guilliman and the Lion?

They've done a few renowned characters already - Calgar and Ragnar and Bjorn. And Garadon if you count him. 

Guilliman is apparently on the docket.

On 4/1/2023 at 8:21 AM, Felix Antipodes said:

Finally!  No real surprise they are rolling DA out since they are going to be the 10th edition poster boys.  Can we expect some Tyranids as well?

would still like some Deathwatch though…

8A56E4A1-0CDB-4794-ACCB-6DAE645A7404.jpeg

As a passing viewer of this thread could somebody please direct me where to buy these lovely objects 

1 hour ago, WARMASTER_ said:

As a passing viewer of this thread could somebody please direct me where to buy these lovely objects 

Based on the recommendation of another UK-based frater I used CoolToysClub when I ordered my 2 Primaris Techmarines, and I had a good experience with them. 

They occasionally do discounts codes- IIRC, I had about 15% off due to both.  

All the import/excise duty stuff was dealt with  by them too. 

Speaking of the Techmarines - they're my first JoyToy figures and I am hugely impressed by them, and they were well worth the wait (having pre-ordered in October). The level of articulation and range of movement in the servo-arm is incredible!  Now I just need to learn how to repaint JoyToy scale figures... 

2 hours ago, Ironwrought Huw said:

Based on the recommendation of another UK-based frater I used CoolToysClub when I ordered my 2 Primaris Techmarines, and I had a good experience with them. 

They occasionally do discounts codes- IIRC, I had about 15% off due to both.  

All the import/excise duty stuff was dealt with  by them too. 

Speaking of the Techmarines - they're my first JoyToy figures and I am hugely impressed by them, and they were well worth the wait (having pre-ordered in October). The level of articulation and range of movement in the servo-arm is incredible!  Now I just need to learn how to repaint JoyToy scale figures... 

Thanks very much :) 

Im glad to hear they’re worth it also! It would be cool if we got some blank versions too really 

The joytoy's can get a little pricey, and I don't LOVE the plastic they use, but it isn't as bad as some other toys.

I have an BA Aggressor and one of the ammo feeds broke literally upon opening the box which is a bummer, but I think I can fix it with some glue, hopefully.

On 4/13/2023 at 2:56 AM, Orange Knight said:

Celestine looks great. Now that they've made such a renowned character, I wonder if they'll ever do Guilliman and the Lion?

I think a lot of named characters are in the works, they’ve posted roadmaps of which figures are going to be released and we should be getting helbrecht and grimaldus soon. But guilliman, ghaz, and celestine were all on there too.

On 4/21/2023 at 4:11 PM, WARMASTER_ said:

That Terminator Chaplain is one of my favourite sculpts GW have released for SM! Shame it was a LE

If you are after the Chaplain I wouldn’t hang back.  Word on the various Joytoy sites is it is already selling like hot cakes in the Asian markets and there may not be a lot of them filtering through to western markets.

IMG_2933.jpeg

Edited by Felix Antipodes
Added photo

I always though that guy was downright Fugly  he looks like a 10 year old thought up a Gothic space bad guy:laugh:  ...just goes to show how tastes differ (or the lack of taste :tongue:) Maybe i should get one so i can ebay it to some suckers ...:wink: .

I saw the T'au Battlesuits up for pre order from my Aust supplier... $170.00 each is a bit errr :sweat: and that's discounted!! this toy hobby is more expensive than normal 40k !!

M.  

I got my third JoyToy figure in, Sister Ignacia! I really like her, she's much nicer to pose than I expected considering the design. Also the face is great, even though it's absolutely tiny.SisterAndMarine.thumb.jpg.621994257512b4b95e071de3166d1136.jpg

Castor and Ignacia make a good power couple!

Also, I've been doing some experiments with my 3D printer and I've got a demented idea to make printable 1/18th figures to go alongside the JoyToy figures (notably figures they're unlikely to make due to being too niche, based on older depictions or slightly stylized). I wanna do some Tyranids of course, and I also have a plan to do Lelith Hesperax a la 5th Edition (before the trousers...sigh...) and some Wyches to go with her, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

More coming - another Chaplain (less bling than last), a posse of BA termies and some Hellblasters.

IMG_3016.jpeg

IMG_3015.jpeg

IMG_3021.jpeg

To think there are some out there complaining they aren’t putting enough out :eek:

Edited by Felix Antipodes
Added line