JoyToy 40k - compilation (updated Jan 4, 2022)

9 hours ago, Squark said:

Hmmm... I'm thinking of picking up a Space Wolf amd Dark Angel for an honour duel- Does anyone have a good U.S. vendor to suggest?

Although not US based, I've found AliExpress to be pretty reasonable on both price and shipping.

Edited by Grotsmasha

• 2 weeks later...

This Etsy shop does Mk VI and III conversion parts along with some other items (Apothecary, Chaplain and some Chaos bits):

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PetrichorGrove?ref=shop-header-name&listing_id=1268722780

Ok not sure if this has been mentioned before but i am fining the quality on the paint jobs to be worse then the original first batch of ultramarines.

The first batch had highlights whereas the newer releases dont seem to have that much attention to detail. Just flat colours.

I guess the manufacturers can see as usual we just lap up anything GW related 

The paintwork quality has indeed deteriorated as the series has progressed, something that has been widely complained about on various joytoy sites I’ve frequented of late.  Perhaps they need to slow down their release schedule so the assembly line workers can get back to the original standard.

You’re right though, that isn’t going to happen while they are still selling like hotcakes.

8 hours ago, Felix Antipodes said:

The paintwork quality has indeed deteriorated as the series has progressed, something that has been widely complained about on various joytoy sites I’ve frequented of late.  Perhaps they need to slow down their release schedule so the assembly line workers can get back to the original standard.

You’re right though, that isn’t going to happen while they are still selling like hotcakes.

Its mostly the same now, they definitely gave up on edge highting real quick after the first couple releases - the ultramarines infiltrators and intercessors - in favour of an airbrushed zenithal. Which i think i prefer, because at least its consistent. I would say the inconsistency between methods bother me more than the quality, as i have some of the first Space Wolves intercessors and they have no zenithal or edge highlights, just flat colour, while the SW Invictor Warsuit has edge highlights. Everything after that (Claw Pack, both dreadnoughts, and Ragnar) all have  the zenithal.

Edited by Wispy

Most of the complaints/comments I’ve seen about the change were from people who were more Joytoy collectors than W40K fans.  They were more concerned with their collections looking same than whether is was better or worse from a painting viewpoint.

On 6/18/2023 at 9:26 PM, ZeroWolf said:

They even made a toy of the Imperium exclusive captain? That's mad. I wish these were a bit more affordable :laugh:

9 hours ago, Wispy said:

Thats the Indomitus 9th edition captain

On 6/7/2023 at 5:51 AM, Felix Antipodes said:

New releases announced

IMG_3316.jpeg

The one in the foreground is the Imperium magazine exclusive Lieutenant.

On 6/17/2023 at 12:00 PM, Felix Antipodes said:

Latest off the line:

IMG_3381.jpeg

This is the Indomitus Captain.

So you’re both right!

On 6/19/2023 at 2:21 AM, Kurgan the Lurker said:

This Etsy shop does Mk VI and III conversion parts along with some other items (Apothecary, Chaplain and some Chaos bits):

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PetrichorGrove?ref=shop-header-name&listing_id=1268722780

Ok that's rad! Can't wait to make a Thousand Son's techmarine!

On 6/20/2023 at 7:04 PM, Warden-Paints said:

Wow, surprised to hear the complaints. The edge highlighting / dry brushing looked awful imo and is unnecessary at this scale. I much prefer the paint apps on the recent figures I've picked up. 

It looks quite nice on the Invictus but on the troops i am inclined to agree it does not work well.