JoyToy 40k - compilation (updated Jan 4, 2022)

Yikes that warsuit is $360 penal dollars :ohmy.: ...:eek:   Man toys are getting waaaay expensive nowadays, who has the money to throw at this stuff!?!...  I'd have to cancel my World Vision sponsor children to be able to afford that thing...  

Mithril

oof. Don't order it from gamesworkshop.com!

It's 1380 HKD on lockertoys, which works out to  $247.85 in penal bucks.

I got the Space Wolves Intercessors and the Space Wolves Invictor for $415 maple bucks total.

Yikes that warsuit is $360 penal dollars :ohmy.: ...:eek:   Man toys are getting waaaay expensive nowadays, who has the money to throw at this stuff!?!...  I'd have to cancel my World Vision sponsor children to be able to afford that thing...  

Mithril

oof. Don't order it from gamesworkshop.com!

It's 1380 HKD on lockertoys, which works out to  $247.85 in penal bucks.

I got the Space Wolves Intercessors and the Space Wolves Invictor for $415 maple bucks total.

Out of curiosity I checked... and it ends up being $347.00 after shipping...

Thanks for the effort of posting an optional link to purchase....  but you missed my read between the lines point of saying there are better/more important things in life to spend your money on than plastic dust collectors....

Mithril

but you missed my read between the lines point of saying there are better/more important things in life to spend your money on than plastic dust collectors....

okay, so what are your hobbies so I can crap all over them as wastes of resources? i already know you spend too much money on plastic miniatures.

nice guy. i was trying to be helpful too and instead i get judged. 

Edited by Wispy

Charity is a waste of resources? Come on now ……

that's a really ungenerous interpretation of what i wrote. I wasn't referring to his charity donations as one his hobby's at all.

The point i was trying to make is almost any hobby - whether it be toy collecting or wargaming - can be dismissed as a waste of valuable time and money at the expense of "better/more important things in life." I am not a toy collector myself and buying these Joytoys was an unusual purchase for me, but I don't think any of that matters because the last place anyone should have to justify spending cash on plastic toy soldiers is a wargammer forum.

A quick gander at mithrilforge's profile suggests he spends as much time/money on plastic soldiers and hobby supplies as the rest of us. Perhaps he'd argue that this is a morally superior use of money to toy collecting because he gets leisure time out of painting/playing ...but then again he's never met a like-minded jerk on the internet suggesting if he wasn't spending all his time on that he could devote himself to "better/more important things in life" like building habitats for humanity or feeding the homeless.

Edited by Wispy

++ I suggest a period of cooling off with the back-and-forth developing in this thread, lest things escalate to a place we needn't go. Criticizing an individual frater's purchase decisions and whether or not those purchases are "objectively" worth the money are absolutely not on topic. ++

Edited by Khornestar

• 1 month later...