Necromunda: Ash Wastes

Joe

"I don't think we'll necessarily see all the "hive" factions move into the ash wastes, so perhaps some gangs just won't get kits/upgrade sprues for any generic vehicles?"

I've seen this opinion a few times and I've got to say, I disagree. The reason is that this is being billed as an expansion rather than a standalone game and GW can't expect players of the existing factions to invest in an expansion that doesn't properly support their chosen faction.

"I don't think we'll necessarily see all the "hive" factions move into the ash wastes, so perhaps some gangs just won't get kits/upgrade sprues for any generic vehicles?"

I've seen this opinion a few times and I've got to say, I disagree. The reason is that this is being billed as an expansion rather than a standalone game and GW can't expect players of the existing factions to invest in an expansion that doesn't properly support their chosen faction.

I agree, sure there could be some kind of "generic" vehicle that have the driver and passengers on a separate Gang Specific sprue, but at the same time I almost feel like having each gang get their own unique bikers and a jeep/truck(though I wonder if Van Saar's hoverboard riding members will get to fill the "biker" role and they'll only get a truck)

Yeah, I'm curious to see which way GW go: to be fair, it could go either way. GW operates in mysterious ways after all. ;)

I'll admit to being a little skeptical about the whole thing, especially since my gaming group has hardly even scratched the surface of the last four-ish years of releases and content situated in the Underhive. Still, GW are going to look for ways to make money and if they think they've done what they can for Underhive and need to move on to greener pastures, there's not much we can do to stop them.

On a more positive note, I'm very intrigued to see the final design for the Ash Wasters and what other gangs/factions/gribbly beasts we'll get out of this. I'm also looking forward to seeing if there's ways to include them in a lore-compatible/friendly manner into games that are set in the Underhive. :)

IIRC they pretty much said as much in one of the articles, though. I might have gotten it wrong, of course, but that was the implication I took from it.

I dont think we will see all the established houses at launch though, gotta get us with some new shiny kits first. Could see them rolling out the OG gangs soon after though. Either way I cant wait. Not been this excited for GW releases since 1st ed Necromunda and the ltd ed Legion of the Damned Sgt Centurius. 

Just saw a post over on Yaktribe and that did get me thinking, does this image look a little bit too detailed to be a drawing? Think its a very photoshopped image of the crawler?

gallery_75911_13630_206108.png

Just saw a post over on Yaktribe and that did get me thinking, does this image look a little bit too detailed to be a drawing? Think its a very photoshopped image of the crawler? 

I'd wager no.

While they did a similar thing in the 30K Black Books - using real miniatures photoshopped to look like traditional art pieces - I think this example is an actual drawing.

That said, at least we know what the crawler is going to look like. :wink:

-Ran

I wish we had a little bit more data, I am hyped to the Warp and back but I can only keep it up for so long, even if they just said vehicles will be classes as bike, buggy and tracked like Gorkamorka, Id have something to work with whilst we wait. 

I have seen a lot of negativity for this over on Yaktribe as well, weird that the bad comments outweigh the positive ones especially there. Ahh well, as long as my drivers are named after Top Gear presenters all will be well. 

I'm with you about the lack of info on Ash Wastes, it's very frustrating.

I'm left wondering if GW still hasn't realised how demotivating long teaser times can be or if it's more that they've exhausted their current Necromunda Underhive projects and they felt the need to release information about 'anything' Necromunda to keep us interested?

I really want to like Yaktribe's Forums (they have the best list builder bar none!)  but personally I find their forums to be a hot mess when it comes to gleaming information or meaningful discussion. Do you have a link to the Ash Wastes discussion? I've looked but can't find anything on their forums.

I'm with you about the lack of info on Ash Wastes, it's very frustrating.

I'm left wondering if GW still hasn't realised how demotivating long teaser times can be or if it's more that they've exhausted their current Necromunda Underhive projects and they felt the need to release information about 'anything' Necromunda to keep us interested?

I really want to like Yaktribe's Forums (they have the best list builder bar none!)  but personally I find their forums to be a hot mess when it comes to gleaming information or meaningful discussion. Do you have a link to the Ash Wastes discussion? I've looked but can't find anything on their forums.

Its mostly comments in other threads not one main one, there is a thread for complaining in (a great idea that we should implement here actually to keep the news and rumors a bit less aggro) but thats a given that they will moan there, but still shocking to see such anti Necromunda sentiment on a Munda fansite after little to no information. 

++EDIT++

As for long waiting times, the only thing keeping me interested in heresy mk 2 is potential pie plates and scatter dice action, I have pretty much lost interest in that now and the HH becoming its own game system is what stopped me leaving the hobby altogether, and interest for the Ash Wastes is running out now, one badly drawn Borderlands ripoff animation and a black and white image isnt really keeping me interested. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

I don't mean to be a killjoy about it, but there's just not a lot we can do about release schedules and the like. and so far they've basically just said "it's coming in 2022", so I just try to think of it like a video game I'm looking forward to or similar and not think about it too much untill it's out.

It's gonna come out when it comes out and it's probably not going to be for the next couple of months, so there's no use fretting about it as you will only frustrate yourself. My advice would be to concentrate on other projects in the meantime, maybe make some waste terrain, if you need something ash-wastey to pass the time.

I think we just need to place some faith in Andy Hoare and the team. 

It's a niche system with a comparatively small group of people on it and yet with a few exceptions, (Pets and Brute releases mostly) they have done an incredible job with the House Books, putting more meat on the bone than 'Munda has ever had. 

-Ran

I don't mean to be a killjoy about it, but there's just not a lot we can do about release schedules and the like. and so far they've basically just said "it's coming in 2022", so I just try to think of it like a video game I'm looking forward to or similar and not think about it too much untill it's out.

It's gonna come out when it comes out and it's probably not going to be for the next couple of months, so there's no use fretting about it as you will only frustrate yourself. My advice would be to concentrate on other projects in the meantime, maybe make some waste terrain, if you need something ash-wastey to pass the time.

True but if they work 3-4 years in advance, and its dropping this year then they could have showed us something more. The game is basically finished at this point. 

and dont forget in a few days there will be a scratch build terrain comp here, Im hoping more people than myself enter then I may get some good vibes from the community to keep me going... Ngl its you guys that keep the hobby fun for me, not piss poor GW teases, the B&C community is the lifeblood of MY hobby. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Based off the monthly coin, it likely got delayed hard.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/03/01/reave-souls-in-the-mortal-realms-with-marchs-miniature-of-the-month/

Based off the monthly coin, it likely got delayed hard.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/03/01/reave-souls-in-the-mortal-realms-with-marchs-miniature-of-the-month/

Good point! I completely missed that.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question for the Necromunda players here: how long do the boxsets generally hang around for? This Ash Wastes release is something that could easily get me into Necromunda, but not sure if it really fits into my budget for the foreseeable future

Not sure chief, there was nothing in the last one I wanted so I didnt pay attention or care tbh. Ash Wastes will be the first overpriced boxset I will have bought since the Khorny and Horny Wrath and Rapture boxset a few years ago. 

Same I still have to paint/finish painting a Land Raider, Knight, Be'lakor, Avatar, 21 Guardsmen, 3 Fiends of Slaanesh a Templar, build scenery for the Sumpheap Challenge  (for various comps etc here) AND finish building my Landspeeder/Panzer halftrak and my kitbash Ash Wasters. Then repainting my Cawdor, finish my Escher and make a ride for them... So much to do and so little time. 

I have a question for the Necromunda players here: how long do the boxsets generally hang around for? This Ash Wastes release is something that could easily get me into Necromunda, but not sure if it really fits into my budget for the foreseeable future

Going off previous releases - at least a few years.

Since the reboot, we've had:

Necromunda: Underhive (2017) The first starter box, now OOP. IIRC, it was still available on the GW website when Dark Uprising dropped in 2019. 

Necromunda: Dark Uprising (Nov 2019)  AKA the big terrain box set, now OOP - discontinued sometime in 2021.

Necromunda: Hive War (May 2021) The new Starter set.

If Ash Wastes is going to be supported as a ongoing setting for Munda, then I'd expect it to hang around for a few years. That said, after the debacle of Cursed City, who is to say?

-Ran