Necromunda: Ash Wastes

Joe

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Antarius said:

I haven’t picked up my book at the post office yet, but I like the idea of custom built vehicles (something I’ve been amassing bits and kits for anyway). Maybe we should try doing an event like the sumpheap scrap thingamajig with vehicles, so we can inspire each other?

Solid idea from the newly-minted moderator (congratulations!). :)

If you require assistance, my PM inbox is open!

Edited by Dosjetka

3 hours ago, Antarius said:

I haven’t picked up my book at the post office yet, but I like the idea of custom built vehicles (something I’ve been amassing bits and kits for anyway). Maybe we should try doing an event like the sumpheap scrap thingamajig with vehicles, so we can inspire each other?

Im down. Oh and congrats on the modhood. 

So the vehicle options are wheeled, tracked, or walker. What about a halftrack? What would they count as? Just run them as tracked? Everything Im building happens to have wheels and tracks due to limitations of my bits box. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness
Forgot how to English.

Sounds good! I'll send Dos a PM and see if I can figure out how to organise it :)

18 minutes ago, Slave to Darkness said:

So the vehicle options are wheeled, tracked, or walker. What about a halftrack? What would they count as? Just run them as tracked? Everything Im building happens to have wheels and tracks due to limitations of my bits box. 

I think I'd just go with whatever I preferred and make sure to point out to my opponent what the vehicle counts as.

7 hours ago, Antarius said:

Sounds good! I'll send Dos a PM and see if I can figure out how to organise it :)

I think I'd just go with whatever I preferred and make sure to point out to my opponent what the vehicle counts as.

Yeah true, and the people I play with dont really care about stuff like that now I think of it, they care more about the game than splitting hairs over pointless things like that. Speaking of the locals, I really should touch bases with M@l!ce, not seen him since pre lockdown. 

On 6/25/2022 at 8:46 AM, Antarius said:

Great idea! Having read the book I'm thinking of building a pirate landship full of outcast scum....avast me hearties, ye landlubbers won't know what hit ye!

On 6/27/2022 at 4:00 AM, Castigator said:

Great idea! Having read the book I'm thinking of building a pirate landship full of outcast scum....avast me hearties, ye landlubbers won't know what hit ye!

=][= Removed content containing profanity. =][=

Edited by Dosjetka
=][= Removed content containing profanity. =][=

I definitely think we should do the vehicle-event-thingamajig.

I think about a month, perhaps slightly more, should be sufficient for building and painting a vehicle, especially if we allow working with any materials people want (including GW kits, printed stuff, etc.), and I’m also considering opening the event up to include Warhammer 40.000 vehicles, as long as they’re suitable converted/scratch built. What do you guys think?

I'd vote 1 to 2 months for an Ash Wastes Ramshackle build off. I'm torn between adding 40k vehicles to Necromunda build off as there is a lot of contests for other sub groups but it would be nice to keep one specific to Necromunda, granted I could use it as my 12 months painting challenge too. Now if it was just Necromunda a 40k Vehicle, im ok with that. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Castigator said:

Is this happening any time soon?

I have acquired just about all I need to build an Ash Rig skimmer using left over terrain bits and I'm itching to get started. 

I've actually done the write-up, but I'm waiting for feedback. So either you'll all have to trust me (brrr!) or we'll wait untill sometime in August :)