Necromunda: Ash Wastes

Joe

For a game of vehicular mayhem the contents are not what I expected, the price does concern me though, if its Dark Uprising level of coin Id find that a bit insulting, dont get me wrong Im still buying it, was gonna pick up some Orlocks anyway as they were my main gang back in OG Munda, the buildings are kinda cute even if most of their height is just the pencil they are balanced on. Ash Wastes are ok ish, not vibing with the fleas though. It has got potential, vehicle rules are whats gonna make it or break it for me though. 

Think they will just reskin the Gorkamorka rules??  

Think they will just reskin the Gorkamorka rules??  

I sort of hope so. As much as I love GorkaMorka, they were the best thing about the game. It would also be strangely fitting, seeing as how GM was just reskinned Necromunda with added vehicle rules :D

I’m not sure how much the game will centre on vehicles and how much they’ll just be “one more thing you can add, if you want to”? From the box it seems like the latter, but as lomg as there are good vehicle rules I guess it’s up to us and our groups?

Oh dear, well that wasn't what I expected. I'm a little underwhelmed to be honest.

I like the Nomads although I'm not sure about the fleas. Maybe they'll look better with a different colour scheme, one where each flea has differing colours to hide the fact that the models are duplicated.

I literally laughed (out loud) when I saw the Orlock Quad. The proportion is ridiculous and it looks worse every time I see it. I'm currently painting my Orlock gang so I'm not bothered about more Orlock gangers.

The terrain just doesn't work for me (and I love all things terrain). It looks too fragile to withstand dust storms that are capable of stripping the flesh from a man and seems much more suitable as Sump terrain. It's just too damn Star Wars for my tastes (what can I say, I'm a Trekkie :wink.: )

Hopefully there'll be rules for more vehicles in the book other than a Quad (where's the Landtrain that they showed in the teaser?)  and I hope GW isn't going to spread the vehicle rules out over several books.

Did anybody catch the live stream to hear what the contents of the rule book will be?

P.S. Did anyone notice that the Orlock Quad doesn't have a base?

Edited by Castigator

The only thing i'm not keen on are the quad bikes. They look weird and the handlebars look too high.

The rest of it though, wow, i love it. I think the Nomads would benefit from a lighter scheme with darker spot colours, similar to the artwork they posted, but they look great and the absolutely bonkers flea riders are great!

Its prob going to cost an arm and leg, but I'll just tell her it was a tenner off Ebay...... 

I hated the buildings until it dawned on me they are like Aunties gaff in Mad Max Thunderdome, but yeah one stiff fart and they will fall over. Fleas look worse every time I look at them but that may be because it looks like they had a swift contrast paint and thats it. 

It looks less 'vehicular slaughter' than I expected, could probably get away with using all this in the Underhive actually. 

Ahh well, hope the rules are good, and I wanted some Orlocks as well as they were my first proper gang in OG Munda, and I am all about that nostalgia train. 

Its prob going to cost an arm and leg, but I'll just tell her it was a tenner off Ebay...... 

Blame it on me, thats what my brother does to his missus whenever he buys something daft or comes home smelling of 'smoke'. 

The more I think about it the more it feels like normal Necromunda but with less scenery, I am not getting the whole vehicular combat vibe from this, seems like an average game with a couple of fast units, not much cover either. Hope they have some good weather effects or something like dust storms that make visibility harder otherwise this will just be 2 gangs fighting over the towers with a couple of quads riding around fighting fleas. 

Im still gonna buy it though. I have vowed to own this and own it I shall. 

I'm happy that the fleas are in there because it means there is some sort of rules for beast riders.

My mate already has a Goliath champion on one of those stormcast beasties and I have some ad-mech riders all ready for my renegade ad-mech gang.

I'm pretty sure they'll be enough vehicle rules included to keep us happy.

We might even see gang specific vehicles, similar to what the Orlocks have with the quads.

Also, there's the land train thing, pretty sure we'll see that in some way.

I'm actually really excited for this release

So i just noticed - i think that actually is a going to be the crawler, because there's a Dustback Helamite Rider in the foreground

Just saw a post over on Yaktribe and that did get me thinking, does this image look a little bit too detailed to be a drawing? Think its a very photoshopped image of the crawler?

gallery_75911_13630_206108.png

• 2 weeks later...

No one seems to have posted the newly revealed land train, so here we go:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/04/11/revealed-the-cargo-8-ridgehauler-an-entire-land-train-you-can-hire-or-hijack/

I think it looks pretty cool, though it will be interesting to see how they balance it in terms of gang strength.

I really like Mark Bedford's low-key enthusiasm and way of presenting stuff. I must admit the other guy made my eyes glaze over a little bit, when he started talking about weird detaily stuff, but maybe that's just because I'm a bit under the weather.

Edited by Antarius

It’s blue insulation foam that’s wirecut to shape, then sprinkled with very fine sand (bought ridiculously cheap at a pet store) and airbrushed dark yellow, light grey and finally off-white.

Grom had a fancy wirecutter thingamajig, but at this size a cheap handheld one could easily have done the trick (I have one that I think cost around 15 euro and I definitely think it would have worked just as wellj.

As for the painting, I think it’s pretty important that the last two colours are sprayed on, but I reckon you could use rattlecans as well, as long as you sprayed from a safe distance. Zandri Dust and Wraithbone would probably match it nicely.

Edited by Antarius