Initial 1st April 2022 reveal, new lore & articles discussion

Joe

Anyone know what the runes on the shoulder pad mean? They look very similar to real runes I found on google images but different enough that I cant use that to translate.

THU, so the next units will have NDE, RHA, WKG, UNS and HIP so GW can finally say they've released a plastic Thunderhawk Gunship for 40k. 

The faction name is awful... Sounds like something from Infinity or Malifaux, not 40k

Also, I'm very surprised at how completely different the design language is between these and the FW Squats for Necromunda. Aside from being short and having a beard, they're nothing alike.

I am so very happy they are getting a rebrand. I have always been a fan of squats and had an epic army back in the day. I know they got a reputation as a joke faction but some of the background for them was solid. Glad they will be returning as a ‘xenos’ faction (ie non imperial) with a reinvisaged design ethos. Hope they keep the original brotherhood names (this scheme resembles grindel) and that something of the old faction organisation remains.

BROTHERS OF THE MINE REJOICE!

Obviously we'll need to see more of the range, but honestly, my first impression is:

The Kharadron look waaay better. 

Idea: Depending on how the sprues are done up, combine the two ranges.

The faction name is awful... Sounds like something from Infinity or Malifaux, not 40k

Also, I'm very surprised at how completely different the design language is between these and the FW Squats for Necromunda. Aside from being short and having a beard, they're nothing alike.

It's actually kind of brilliant. Votann is pretty clearly based on Wotan, aka the Germanic version of Odin's name. Dwarves as we know them are originally from Norse mythology.

And of course: Necromunda dwarves are mercenaries on a Necromunda, whereas these are clearly for a professional army

Edited by Gederas

It doesn’t really sound like anything from Infinity, or particularly Malifaux. 

I think the difference is that these are an independent society, whereas Necromunda Squats are part of Imperial society

I like the one guy we have seen so far. It's not enough to get me into the army, but I'm genuinely happy for you old Squat fans. I kinda want to convert a squad of these guys into Demiurg allies for my Kroot.

I 100% feel that we will see these guys in a KT box. Maybe not the next box, but perhaps Q3?

Edited by sitnam