= Dark Angels Forum Painting Competition =

Alright, I'm either going for some FW-lads: Imperial Spacemarine - Terminator Praetor - Contemptor

gallery_92826_13417_98086.jpg

Or I'll do my long overdue Indomitus-lads: Assault Marine - Lieutenant - Bladeguard

gallery_92826_13417_134888.jpg

Since there might be a HH-event coming up, I might save up the FW-stuff and tackle my Primaris.

I did find a small easter egg for myself when going through my models. It would appear I named one of my Lt's after one of our esteemed brothers.

gallery_92826_13417_168503.jpg

Edited by Chaplain Grey Raven

Alright, I'm either going for some FW-lads: Imperial Spacemarine - Terminator Praetor - Contemptor

gallery_92826_13417_98086.jpg

Or I'll do my long overdue Indomitus-lads: Assault Marine - Lieutenant - Bladeguard

gallery_92826_13417_134888.jpg

Since there might be a HH-event coming up, I might save up the FW-stuff and tackle my Primaris.

I did find a small easter egg for myself when going through my models. It would appear I named one of my Lt's after one of our esteemed brothers.

gallery_92826_13417_168503.jpg

I feel honoured :D

Thanks CGR :)

Go on then - about time I gave my DA some attention :whistling:

Scout - Line Marine - Terminator - Contemptor Dread

Extra model to reduce the painting queue ;)

Your entry and upscale difficulty is much appreciated but for the contest purposes I. I have to ask you to choose 3 entries to be judged.

Extra model to reduce the painting queue :wink:

Your entry and upscale difficulty is much appreciated but for the contest purposes I. I have to ask you to choose 3 entries to be judged.

Ignore the scout then. I will just do him as a bonus.

Extra model to reduce the painting queue :wink:

Ignore the scout then. I will just do him as a bonus.

Alright! :)

I'm in. :biggrin.:

Alright, we're done for lads.

Remember that it's not only about painting skills but tying all those models together so it's clear that they are all the same marine.

No need to worry, I understand the premise :wink: I'll think my selection over to make a more obvious connection between the models. I'll have to check out those new Primaris Souts...

I'm in. :biggrin.:

Alright, we're done for lads.

Remember that it's not only about painting skills but tying all those models together so it's clear that they are all the same marine.

No need to worry, I understand the premise :wink: I'll think my selection over to make a more obvious connection between the models. I'll have to check out those new Primaris Souts...

Honestly if you can source a black Templar neophyte that wouldn’t be a bad look for a scout type primaris. It would differentiate them from Phobos troops who (to my understanding) are fully fledged marines as apposed to marines in training

So my current plan is for the Horus Heresy: Brother Gideon.

Legionary > Deathwing Companion > Dreadnought.

I ordered the dreadnought from FW, last chance to buy and they say it should be dispatched "within 90 days", so it should come in time, but it might be a bit hairy towards the deadline.

So my current plan is for the Horus Heresy: Brother Gideon.

Legionary > Deathwing Companion > Dreadnought.

I ordered the dreadnought from FW, last chance to buy and they say it should be dispatched "within 90 days", so it should come in time, but it might be a bit hairy towards the deadline.

If you get the Dread within 90 days you'll still have roughly 2 months to complete it. No worries I think...

would it be legit to do something like this:

Taktical > Deathwatch Dark Angel > Ravenwing Knight (or Teminator... though I have no Termis left.. not sure if I want to buy another box)

Wouldn't be a bad idea. Giving the Knight a Deathwatch pauldron would tie it all in nicely

would it be legit to do something like this:

Taktical > Deathwatch Dark Angel > Ravenwing Knight (or Teminator... though I have no Termis left.. not sure if I want to buy another box)

Looks like a legit career progress to me!

20220415 171221

More changes for mine lol...

The Saga of Dagraed @Chaplain Grey Raven You might remember this guy. :smile.:

Scout >>> Outrider Knight Sergeant >>> Knight Commander or Lieutenant

I have the idea of the Lt but I am so tempted to do the Commander instead and use Lazarus as a base. Edited by Wolf Guard Einar

That's a nice amount of participants, we're gaining some momentum!

I've decided to go for: Heavy Intercessor -> Agressor Sgt -> Venerable Contemptor

It seemed like the most natural progression towards my Dakka-Dread.

gallery_92826_13417_285737.jpg

More changes for mine lol...

The Saga of Dagraed @Chaplain Grey Raven You might remember this guy. :smile.:

Scout >>> Outrider Knight Sergeant >>> Knight Commander or Lieutenant

I have the idea of the Lt but I am so tempted to do the Commander instead and use Lazarus as a base.

Aw man, you flatter me too much :wub:

Edited by Chaplain Grey Raven

That's a nice amount of participants, we're gaining some momentum!

I've decided to go for Heavy Intercessor - Agressor Sgt - Venerable Contemptor

It seemed like the most natural progression towards my Dakka-Dread.

gallery_92826_13417_285737.jpg

Hi Chap, that agressor looks great - they will look excellent when you paint them all. Can't wait to see your painted Dread :thumbsup:

Edited by bevulf