= Dark Angels Forum Painting Competition =

I finished up my earliest stage of Brother Arkham:

large.DSCF2170.JPG.d6d294bb3eb4740df405e74368cbfd12.JPGlarge.DSCF2169.JPG.1bce31b582db92b23e9c468b749c819b.JPGlarge.DSCF2171.JPG.f9eb56f97e69a369dd9ce87e4b41e417.JPG

Spoiler

large.DSCF2172.JPG.bb568023b7182aef80bed23bd2a8bcc3.JPG

I also updated his original model a bit, it needed some small improvements:

large.DSCF2165.JPG.acc9266e2892482305da91ab2b3c5636.JPGlarge.DSCF2166.JPG.48ee9b15e0da02281bcedd55242bd227.JPGlarge.DSCF2167.JPG.65a22a4f787b1a8afd75d566005459d1.JPG

Spoiler

large.DSCF2164.JPG.7c0c82cbe47f53050d53078905922107.JPG

Almost done with the dread. I'll have to finish it by tomorrow, or I'll have to put it on hold for a couple of weeks.

Edited by Chaplain Grey Raven

If you are not feeling it then it is best not to push. Shame though but hopefully you will be back on form soon :zeal:

Work is completed on the bonus 2nd Contemptor

image.jpeg.74826dcab24cd906434d0216c3f1a062.jpeg

Which has left the painting corner clear for me to start on the scouts

image.jpeg.fa25f8eb0a643763c00693854c32d9e7.jpeg

Should be done by the end of Jul

1 hour ago, elmo said:

If you are not feeling it then it is best not to push. Shame though but hopefully you will be back on form soon :zeal:

I will be, just enjoying my Ultras so much atm... I am sure you know what thats like with your DA and Fishboys :P.

I am painting a certain member of the Dark Angels (Totally a Loyalist) for my friends birthday soon.

Finally wrote up Arkham's tale. It's pretty long, cheesy and badly written, so I included it in 'Spoilers'. Managed to take a group picture as well. 

large.DSCF2180.JPG.02373a51de9d9f5a00161fce11dd0cee.JPG

Spoiler

Brother Arkham began his service with the Consecrators as a Greyshield. After the massaacre at Darkmor, the Chapter accepted all the reinforcements they could get to continue their campaign. The need for manpower did not lessen the Chapter's suspicion of the untested and undoctrined Greyshields though. They found themselves in the thoughest fighting during an already manic campaign after The Great Rift. As a result they suffered great rates of attrition, but they never uttered a single complaint. Their stubborn nature and urge to prove themselves to their First-Born Brother resulted in battles and last stands fit for legends.

During a campaign in the Nachmund War Zone, Brother Arkham and his squad of Heavy Intercessors were involved in an operation with his Company and elements of the Deathwing. They were tasked to infiltrate into the epicenter of a Chaotic Revolt. The 4th Company's was to provide overwatch at the perimeter of the enemy HQ while the Deathwing dealt with their leadership at the center of the compound. After Deepstriking and using droppods to secure the area, the 4th Company set up their perimeter. The enemy threw wave after wave of cultists against their own HQ to save their leaders, but were continously broken on the rock that was the 4th Company. The combination of regular and Heavy Intercessors mowed down most threats before they came close to the walls, resulting in a true killzone around the perimeter

Eventually a trio of lowflying Dreadclaws smashed through one the outer walls, and straight into the enemy compound. The cultist seized the opportunity and flowed though the breached walls into the perimeter. All remaining squads redirected half of their number towards the breach to contain the stream of Cultists flowing inside, Brother Arkham went with them. After heavy losses, the breach was plugged, but a considerable amount of cultists managed to enter the compound. Unwilling to let their venerable Brothers of the Deathwing be flanked by these traitors, Arkham rounded up the rest of his squad and some volunteers to chase after them inside while the rest held fast at the breach. Butchering their way though any stragglers, his improvised squad managed to reach the wave of enemies when they were about to enter the enormous Throneroom, where their Brothers of the Deathwing were in furious battle with Power Armoured enemies. The cultists were already flowing into the room, when Arkham and his men smashed into the rear of the enemy wave. Every burst of their Heavy Boltguns resulted in red mist and a rain of bodyparts. Boltguns were exchanged for pistols and pistols were eventually exchanged for brutal melee combat. Arkham used his rifle as a maul, smashing skulls and bones with every swing. When the cultists finally broke and fled, the marines smashed into the Power Armoured adversaries that the Deathwing were still fighting with. Their fight had turned into a brutal melee as well, but wasn't as one-sided as Arkham's fight previously. The Chaos Marines turned around and included the new arrivals into their fights. Arkham was fighting with his combatknife by now, and managed to take down an opponent before grappling with his next one.

Saved from being overwhelmed by cultists and their own opponents distracted by the Greyshield reinforcements, the Deathwing managed to turn the melee into their favour. The remaining fight was brutal and bloody, but resulted in a victory for the Consecrators. Any surviving Power Armoured traitors were taken captive and the few surviving Greyshields, including Arkham, were debriefed. They had deviated from their mission parameters, which would normally result in penance. But since their heroïc actions saved the outcome of the mission, the Inner Circle took a chance and subjected them to the trials of the Deathwing. They succeeded the trials and became part of the newly formed section of Primaris Deathwing.

Since they couldn't fit into the Relic TDA-plate, they were clad in Gravis-plate instead. Arkham was promoted to the rank of Sergeant for his actions during the battle and recieved command over his new Primaris Deathwing Brothers. Arkham and his brothers recieved the honour of becoming Deathwing in status, but not operational. The Gravis suits had no teleporters like the relic TDA-plate, so they couldn't perform the same tasks as their Firstborn counterparts. Not to mention they didn't have transports fitted for the new Primaris plate. They returned to their respective companies instead, marked as esteemed veterans. This suited them just fine, as long as they were able to continue their fight.

Since Arkham was proficient with Bolter and fist, the Boltstorm Gauntlets he utilised became weapons of mass carnage. His fists have slain an almost equal amount of enemies as his bolters, since his squads are eternally on the offensive, never conceding ground, only gaining them. Their habit of getting close to the enemy has made many casualties among the new Primaris Deathwing, but their ranks has continued to grow after the initial trials of the Greyshields. Arkham himself recieved his fair share of scars, putting maybe too much faith in his heavy plate.

His eventual 'end' came during the invasion of a 'Whaaagh!' on their recruiting world of Calisto Secundus. The greenskins laid seige to the fortress-monastaries around the world. While the fleet of the Consecrators were tied up in voidbattles, any available troops were deployed to the surface to assist their garrisons and new Initiates. The green tide was unending and the fighting in the close-packed streets around the monastaries was brutal. Arkham and his squads were clearing the perimeter around the main avenue when they recieved word that one of their assault squads got overrun a few blocks away. The overrun squad was accompanied by Venerable Malekith, interred in a Relic Contemptor Dreadnought. Unwilling to let the greenskins desecrate a relic from their past, he pusehd through to their last position. Smashing through several roaming orks, they finally reached the fortified position of the overrun squad. The greenskins were just about to scrap the Dreadnought, so Arkham's squads smashed right into them, taking them by suprise. The Marines managed to clear the greenskins from the position, momentarily securing their fallen brothers. All were heavily damaged, showing that they sold their lives dearly. Malekith was surrounded with crushed and torn orks. A ragged hole from a Zzap-gun was clearly visible in the center of his Sarcophagus. 

With the prospect of a nice fight and great scrap, the greenskins attacked again with greater numbers than before. Arkham and his brothers emptied their bolters into the green tide and had to fight with their massive Powerfists before long. The fight lasted hours, mountains of slain orks piling around the fallen Marines. Atrittion finally claimed the squad of agressors, falling one by one by the countless wounds suffered by the greenskins. Arkham was the last to fall. Laying on the ground with his back against the Venerable Malekith, his legs ruined by the greenskins. He repaid the favour in kind, crushing every leg that came near him, followed by crushing their heads. Eventually the Orks piled onto him, Arkham felt the countless blades coming through his heavy plate. His pain slowly faded, together with his awareness. Right before his vision faded to black, he heard the familiar displacement of air and the roaring of Stormbolters a heartbeat later. His task was done.

Except it wasn't. Heavily wounded and unable to recieve any meaningfull treatment, The Inner circle granted Arkham the honour to be interred in the Sarcaphagus of the very Dreadnought he defended until his demise. He still continues to serve the Chapter in his eternal plate. His fondness of heavy weapons and melee still makes him a vehicle of brutal carnage. He swoops around the battlefield, closing the distance with his enemies. Any targets of opportunity recieve complete anniliation from his Twin Lascannons before the sprints away to the next target. His nimble movement always keeps the enemy guessing where he will strike next. When he eventually reaches the enemy lines, he creates complete mayhem by smashing everyone in reach, using his Lascannons as massive Mauls. May he bring vengeance and retribution until the end of the enemies fate, or his.

On 7/15/2022 at 1:12 PM, Wolf Guard Einar said:

I formally withdraw, just not feeling my Red DA atm.

On 7/15/2022 at 8:23 PM, Wolf Guard Einar said:

I will be, just enjoying my Ultras so much atm... I am sure you know what thats like with your DA and Fishboys :P.

I am painting a certain member of the Dark Angels (Totally a Loyalist) for my friends birthday soon.

That's unpleasant news, but this remains a hobby. If you're not feeling like it, then there is indeed no point to push it. Good thing we all have multiple projects to keep the fun in the hobby =)

4 minutes ago, Chaplain Grey Raven said:

Finally wrote up Arkham's tale. It's pretty long, cheesy and badly written, so I included it in 'Spoilers'. Managed to take a group picture as well. 

large.DSCF2180.JPG.02373a51de9d9f5a00161fce11dd0cee.JPG

Hide contents

Brother Arkham began his service with the Consecrators as a Greyshield. After the massaacre at Darkmor, the Chapter accepted all the reinforcements they could get to continue their campaign. The need for manpower did not lessen the Chapter's suspicion of the untested and undoctrined Greyshields though. They found themselves in the thoughest fighting during an already manic campaign after The Great Rift. As a result they suffered great rates of attrition, but they never uttered a single complaint. Their stubborn nature and urge to prove themselves to their First-Born Brother resulted in battles and last stands fit for legends.

During a campaign in the Nachmund War Zone, Brother Arkham and his squad of Heavy Intercessors were involved in an operation with his Company and elements of the Deathwing. They were tasked to infiltrate into the epicenter of a Chaotic Revolt. The 4th Company's was to provide overwatch at the perimeter of the enemy HQ while the Deathwing dealt with their leadership at the center of the compound. After Deepstriking and using droppods to secure the area, the 4th Company set up their perimeter. The enemy threw wave after wave of cultists against their own HQ to save their leaders, but were continously broken on the rock that was the 4th Company. The combination of regular and Heavy Intercessors mowed down most threats before they came close to the walls, resulting in a true killzone around the perimeter

Eventually a trio of lowflying Dreadclaws smashed through one the outer walls, and straight into the enemy compound. The cultist seized the opportunity and flowed though the breached walls into the perimeter. All remaining squads redirected half of their number towards the breach to contain the stream of Cultists flowing inside, Brother Arkham went with them. After heavy losses, the breach was plugged, but a considerable amount of cultists managed to enter the compound. Unwilling to let their venerable Brothers of the Deathwing be flanked by these traitors, Arkham rounded up the rest of his squad and some volunteers to chase after them inside while the rest held fast at the breach. Butchering their way though any stragglers, his improvised squad managed to reach the wave of enemies when they were about to enter the enormous Throneroom, where their Brothers of the Deathwing were in furious battle with Power Armoured enemies. The cultists were already flowing into the room, when Arkham and his men smashed into the rear of the enemy wave. Every burst of their Heavy Boltguns resulted in red mist and a rain of bodyparts. Boltguns were exchanged for pistols and pistols were eventually exchanged for brutal melee combat. Arkham used his rifle as a maul, smashing skulls and bones with every swing. When the cultists finally broke and fled, the marines smashed into the Power Armoured adversaries that the Deathwing were still fighting with. Their fight had turned into a brutal melee as well, but wasn't as one-sided as Arkham's fight previously. The Chaos Marines turned around and included the new arrivals into their fights. Arkham was fighting with his combatknife by now, and managed to take down an opponent before grappling with his next one.

Saved from being overwhelmed by cultists and their own opponents distracted by the Greyshield reinforcements, the Deathwing managed to turn the melee into their favour. The remaining fight was brutal and bloody, but resulted in a victory for the Consecrators. Any surviving Power Armoured traitors were taken captive and the few surviving Greyshields, including Arkham, were debriefed. They had deviated from their mission parameters, which would normally result in penance. But since their heroïc actions saved the outcome of the mission, the Inner Circle took a chance and subjected them to the trials of the Deathwing. They succeeded the trials and became part of the newly formed section of Primaris Deathwing.

Since they couldn't fit into the Relic TDA-plate, they were clad in Gravis-plate instead. Arkham was promoted to the rank of Sergeant for his actions during the battle and recieved command over his new Primaris Deathwing Brothers. Arkham and his brothers recieved the honour of becoming Deathwing in status, but not operational. The Gravis suits had no teleporters like the relic TDA-plate, so they couldn't perform the same tasks as their Firstborn counterparts. Not to mention they didn't have transports fitted for the new Primaris plate. They returned to their respective companies instead, marked as esteemed veterans. This suited them just fine, as long as they were able to continue their fight.

Since Arkham was proficient with Bolter and fist, the Boltstorm Gauntlets he utilised became weapons of mass carnage. His fists have slain an almost equal amount of enemies as his bolters, since his squads are eternally on the offensive, never conceding ground, only gaining them. Their habit of getting close to the enemy has made many casualties among the new Primaris Deathwing, but their ranks has continued to grow after the initial trials of the Greyshields. Arkham himself recieved his fair share of scars, putting maybe too much faith in his heavy plate.

His eventual 'end' came during the invasion of a 'Whaaagh!' on their recruiting world of Calisto Secundus. The greenskins laid seige to the fortress-monastaries around the world. While the fleet of the Consecrators were tied up in voidbattles, any available troops were deployed to the surface to assist their garrisons and new Initiates. The green tide was unending and the fighting in the close-packed streets around the monastaries was brutal. Arkham and his squads were clearing the perimeter around the main avenue when they recieved word that one of their assault squads got overrun a few blocks away. The overrun squad was accompanied by Venerable Malekith, interred in a Relic Contemptor Dreadnought. Unwilling to let the greenskins desecrate a relic from their past, he pusehd through to their last position. Smashing through several roaming orks, they finally reached the fortified position of the overrun squad. The greenskins were just about to scrap the Dreadnought, so Arkham's squads smashed right into them, taking them by suprise. The Marines managed to clear the greenskins from the position, momentarily securing their fallen brothers. All were heavily damaged, showing that they sold their lives dearly. Malekith was surrounded with crushed and torn orks. A ragged hole from a Zzap-gun was clearly visible in the center of his Sarcophagus. 

With the prospect of a nice fight and great scrap, the greenskins attacked again with greater numbers than before. Arkham and his brothers emptied their bolters into the green tide and had to fight with their massive Powerfists before long. The fight lasted hours, mountains of slain orks piling around the fallen Marines. Atrittion finally claimed the squad of agressors, falling one by one by the countless wounds suffered by the greenskins. Arkham was the last to fall. Laying on the ground with his back against the Venerable Malekith, his legs ruined by the greenskins. He repaid the favour in kind, crushing every leg that came near him, followed by crushing their heads. Eventually the Orks piled onto him, Arkham felt the countless blades coming through his heavy plate. His pain slowly faded, together with his awareness. Right before his vision faded to black, he heard the familiar displacement of air and the roaring of Stormbolters a heartbeat later. His task was done.

Except it wasn't. Heavily wounded and unable to recieve any meaningfull treatment, The Inner circle granted Arkham the honour to be interred in the Sarcaphagus of the very Dreadnought he defended until his demise. He still continues to serve the Chapter in his eternal plate. His fondness of heavy weapons and melee still makes him a vehicle of brutal carnage. He swoops around the battlefield, closing the distance with his enemies. Any targets of opportunity recieve complete anniliation from his Twin Lascannons before the sprints away to the next target. His nimble movement always keeps the enemy guessing where he will strike next. When he eventually reaches the enemy lines, he creates complete mayhem by smashing everyone in reach, using his Lascannons as massive Mauls. May he bring vengeance and retribution until the end of the enemies fate, or his.

That's unpleasant news, but this remains a hobby. If you're not feeling like it, then there is indeed no point to push it. Good thing we all have multiple projects to keep the fun in the hobby =)

I am honoured man thank you :)...

Yeah I feel if I force it I will hate painting them.

I might feel different next month, but its been a slow month for me in general. So it might improve.