= Dark Angels Forum Painting Competition =

Ooo caught this in time! On holibobs at the moment but I'll sort what I'm painting when I'm back.

I'm thinking mine will be Devastator Sergeant > Agressor Sergeant > Redemptor Dreadnought, gotta work out models though yet.

Edited by G8Keeper

Still working out my progression, but will be the journey of Void Reavers Chapter Master Nepharos.

Right now thinking something like:

Ravenwing Sergeant or Black Knight Huntmaster/Character -> Deathwing Strikemaster -> Chapter Master

or perhaps

Ravenwing or Deathwing -> Chapter Master -> Primaris Chapter Master

Slight change to my build plan after digging around in my pile of shame...

I have gone with a Dark Angel from Scout, to Assault Veteran and finally a Contemptor Dreadnought.

gallery_62353_11005_159489.jpg

Scout: This is a standard SM Scout model with no extra DA bling.
Assault Squad Veteran: This is based on a DA modified version of the Blood Angel Dominion Zephon.
Contemptor Dreadnought: This is from the Talons of the Emperor box set I bought a few years ago and has added DA bling.
All have been primed and work will start on Monday evening.

Fifteen contestants so far!! Pretty nice for this event.

Tomorrow is the first official day of the event, so please make sure you state your goals ASAP. I'll be dropping some PM reminders for those that don't have the goals up until 2 May.

There's no penalty attached for being late with goals of course, since this is totally for fun and camaraderie  .

For the purposes of this challenge, quick fluff question, is it possible to be interred in a Contemptor Dreadnought and then transferred to a Leviathan Dreadnought, theoretically? Especially if a chassis sustained too much damage?

Edited by Skywrath

For the purposes of this challenge, quick fluff question, is it possible to be interred in a Contemptor Dreadnought and then transferred to a Leviathan Dreadnought, theoretically? Especially if a chassis sustained too much damage?

Dreadnought sarcophaghi are usually interchangeable so I don't see why not it wouldn't happen.

Scout Sergeant 02-D-85X was one of the few Neophytes who survived Hive Fleet Beheamoth's destruction of the Heralds of Devastation home-world.

Tasked with aiding the civilian evacuation, 02-D-85X's squad had run out of ammunition when a lone Tyranid Warrior stalked onto the shuttle pad. Without hesitation, the squad drew their blades and advanced on the warrior. When his battle brothers reinforced the position, four of the five scouts were dead, 02-D-85X was unconscious atop the Warrior, both arms missing from the forearms down, consumed by acid, the Warriors head torn in half by the jaws. The civilian shuttle had escaped.

It was this action that earned his right to choose a name from the Roll of Heroes, and join the Battle Companies of the Chapter, donning his power armour for the first time, Brother Variel was born.

gallery_48988_17280_533954.jpg