= Dark Angels Forum Painting Competition =

Really awesome posts all, sadly for me, I wont be able to finish in time, been doing a lot of over time at work and sadly just haven't had much in the way of free time, but I am grateful for the motivation as both of the other minis are coming along well and its also nice since I haven't really painted and finished something in a while.

Thanks

Standing within the observation dome of the Vengeance Unsated, a warship of the Guardians of the Covenant, Chapter Master Variel gazed back at Vatarus. The ships fleeing the planet were endless, every Spaceport was launching ships forth as fast as they could. It wasn't fast enough, 99% of Vatarus' population would perish. The majority of the Xenos forces had departed the system, the orks however were always looking for the next fight, and were causing severe casualties amongst the evacuations despite the Imperium's best attempts. Thankfully, the Chaos Faction had uncharacteristically set course for the systems edge with haste, the fight gone from them.

"Such a shame. This was not what I expected to find here, I don't know what I expected, but not this", Chapter Master Variel spoke as he heard the subtle hum of the Master of the Arsenal's armour approach behind him.

"Aye, Brother, a shame indeed", responded Fariel, the Master of the Arsenal of the Guardians of the Covenant, "What will you do now?"

The Astartes were interrupted by a chime from Fariel's comm-link, nodding he responded, "Raise the the shields, divert as much power as we can to the port side emitters".

"We should have warned them" Variel offered.

"It would not have saved them" countered Fariel.

The demise of the Heralds of Devastation's former flagship, the Inviolate Rage, was at hand, courtesy of the fleeing Chaos forces. As the warships primary, secondary, and warp drives overloaded, an explosion of magnitude neither of the marines had personally witnessed spread across the surface of Vatarus, engulfing the entire primary continent. It was an extinction level event and would've finished Vatarus by itself, even if the Life Eater warheads had not been detonated by the Xenos scum.

Even at this distance a massive shockwave rocked the vessel. The smaller craft stood no chance, many outright exploding in spectacular fireballs, others survived the blast, only to fall from the sky, and uncontrollably plummet back to the planet, their systems wiped out by a massive electro-magnetic pulse.

His voice shaking with barely controlled rage, Chapter Master Variel turned to face Fariel, " The Chapter.....my Chapter must evolve. I face the Rubicon, then vengeance, we will hunt them, to the end of hell if necessary".

PSX_20220901_100404.jpg

PSX_20220901_100534.jpg

PSX_20220901_100635.jpg

I have run out of time to paint the chapter badge on the shoulder and banner, so I will have it here.  There WAS time to spare...

Edited by Grotsmasha
Replaced completed images

I thought I am not gonna make it... summer vacation, work but I managed to fullfill my entry eventually:

The Path Of Brother Andras:

large.DSC_0001eee2222111.jpg.3473b27b609

large.DSC_0002ewew222w.jpg.49932c1f24660

large.DSC_0003eewew333s.jpg.0e62a8d1f0a9

large.DSC_0004ww1111s.jpg.b8aa2550332129

large.DSC_000532322xsssw.jpg.91bade19861

large.DSC_00253232121222s.jpg.e979b4b14c

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biegel-9 Campaign (005.M42 – 012.M42)

During the campaign on jungle world of Biegel-9 located in the Biegel system Andras gained his first experience.

Being the necron tomb world, Biegel-9 was massively attacked by these ancient xenos upon their awakening. Dark Angels sent scouting parties for reconnaissance. After examining the planet, dispatched scout squads helped to lure the necrons into traps conducted by the combined forces of the Dark Angels 3rd and 6th companies. Dark Angels overraid the necrons and freed the planet from their threat. at least for the time being...

Andras was leading 1st primaris scout squad in every battle. During one of last encounters he located the long forgotten outpost that belonged to the party members of the XI Chapter of the 1st Legion who stationed there. After examining the residues he discovered an old blade hidden within the ruins. It appeared that it was made from similar rock as the famous Heavenfall Blades used by the current heroes of the chapter. Master Ranaeus of the 10th Company allowed him to keep the blade. Andras named it The Sword of Oblivion and carries the blade every day since.

After the campaign Andras received his further promotion and was assigned to the 3rd Company under Master Astoran.

Andras scouring the jungle for xenos invaders:

large.1329663049_edscandrasscoutw.jpg.b1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jouran Campaign (021.M42 – 029.M42)

Andras rose within the 3rd company ranks and quickly became 2nd intercessors squad’s sergeant. It was during the Jouran Campaign that he showed his remarkable leadership skills leading his squad from victory to victory against the chaos traitors that corrupted the planet.

He was able to cut down a vile chaos champion in a single combat during the final cataclysmic battle on the planet.

Andras overlooking the battlefield from the destroyed chaos fortifications:

large.vvvbnsjddd.jpg.d39b3b8d2715a01c02f

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present Time (…M42)

Master Astoran saw the potential that lied within this venerable warrior and soon after his extraordinary deeds in the Jouran Campaign promoted him to the rank of Company Veteran. From this day on Andras was in countless of battles, always leading from the front, encouraging his brothers around him. Being the first among veterans, an example of unyielding determination, he exemplifies all that reflects of being the son of the Lion. He surely is the first to be considered as the most worthy candidate for taking on the mantle of the Company Master if anything bad befell Master Astoran…  

large.DSCkij00101111ss112w.jpg.9da64c76a

Andras leading elements of the 3rd Company into battle:

large.2041559162_fesdDSC_0007w22333eesss

large.204531828_fesdDSC_0007ww22w.jpg.ca

This was truly a fun project !! 

The whole idea to show the character in his different stages of progress within the Chapter was excellent and that's why I thought that building a large base to display the three miniatures together would be a great idea.

Scout is basically built from the latest black templars crusader squad with some addition of bald head and dark angels accessories. To build Primaris sergeant I used legs from Primaris Captain, added tabard and the rest are bitz that can be found on different primaris sprues.

For Primaris Veteran I used legs from assault primaris squad, torso from Zakariah. Robes were done from black templars mantles. I cut different shapes from them, then I heated them with a hairdryer to soften the plastic so I could shaped them in desired form. All the gaps were filled with green stuff. I added various dark angels bits from deathwing and primaris sprues.  

For The Lion Brothers ! 

This really was an event filled with marvelous models! Loved every bit of it, thank you for hosting this great event, Chaplain Lucifer.

That being said, while all the entries are great pieces of painting, our last completions in here are out of this world. With masterpieces like that, the voting will be pretty lopsided :biggrin: Congrats Brothers & Sister, they're truly gorgeous!

I thought I could squeak out a final few models, but complexity of build, and less time than expected means that this dark angel shall not complete his vow. (Literally passed out putting my daughter to sleep). I issue my formal vow of repentance and shall begin my time of meditation and solitary confinement until the chaplains deem me worthy.73F9E993-5981-46C3-BF68-C2F9159AE88B.thumb.jpeg.1145b6d2b1c981784c86556a2612297f.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Polythemus said:

I thought I could squeak out a final few models, but complexity of build, and less time than expected means that this dark angel shall not complete his vow. (Literally passed out putting my daughter to sleep). I issue my formal vow of repentance and shall begin my time of meditation and solitary confinement until the chaplains deem me worthy.73F9E993-5981-46C3-BF68-C2F9159AE88B.thumb.jpeg.1145b6d2b1c981784c86556a2612297f.jpeg

You tried and that's commendable. 

Now you have a repentance objective. 

Ok. It's now officially closed but thread stays open for now. 

My laptop pulled a fast one on me, and I'm going on vacations so unfortunately I can only post the poll in two weeks because doing it on mobile is quite daunting task. 

My apologies. 

CL

• 2 weeks later...

As promised the poll is up!

https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/375938-voting-for-the-dark-angels-forum-painting-contest/

In one week we will know who was the favorite!

Again, thank you very much for participating!

• 2 weeks later...