= Dark Angels Forum Painting Competition =

Alright lads, let's do this! Here's the path of Brother Arkham. Starting as Primaris fodder with the Heavies, and ending up as a venerated Dreadnought.

gallery_92826_13391_19297.jpg

Finished up Brother Arkham's representation of his career as an Agressor. I added his insignia and trinkets from his previous career.

gallery_92826_13391_200361.jpggallery_92826_13391_213116.jpggallery_92826_13391_63815.jpg

Next up, his early carreer as a Heavy Intercessor.

gallery_92826_13417_60216.jpg

Edited by Chaplain Grey Raven

Heya, I was wondering if it'd be ok to change my entry, I know we are into the month of May now but as I was going through the bitz I planned to use I also saw a half finished terminator I would like to finish, so if it is possible could I do a;

Veteran - Terminator Master - Deredeo Dreadnought

no worries if its too late though, thanks.

Heya, I was wondering if it'd be ok to change my entry, I know we are into the month of May now but as I was going through the bitz I planned to use I also saw a half finished terminator I would like to finish, so if it is possible could I do a;

Veteran - Terminator Master - Deredeo Dreadnought

no worries if its too late though, thanks.

You can change the entry, no problem!

So it begins... please forgive the rather dusty/messy minis and cutting mat, gonna have to dust that down along with these minis before anything else.

Looking good. Is the orange and greenstuff on the Deathwing companion a truescaling up of the original?

So it begins... please forgive the rather dusty/messy minis and cutting mat, gonna have to dust that down along with these minis before anything else.

Looking good. Is the orange and greenstuff on the Deathwing companion a truescaling up of the original?

Thanks, and yes, I upscale all my stuff that isn't Primaris, the terminator is also upscaled.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:15 PM, Chaplain Lucifer said:

Friday the 13th? Anyone lucky enough to getting some stuff completed? Let us see the progress!!

Slowly blocking in the basecoats. We're not all as fast as the 'Mean Marine Painting Machine' http://bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

gallery_92826_13417_265686.jpg

Edited by Chaplain Grey Raven

During the upheaval of Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade, the Heralds of Devastation 4th Company were fighting in a drawn out campaign against a Tau expansion. During a fierce engagement within a hab-city, Company Master Garaton took the full force of a Broadside's railgun shot to his centre-mass, instantly vapourising him from neck to waist, the round continuing on to fatally dismember two more members of the Command Squad.

After momentarily scrambling for cover, Company Champion Variel spied his Master's ornate plasma pistol, still firmly grasped within the fist of Garadon's severed arm. Charging his power fist Variel ran for the pistol, calling for the command squad to rally, and charge the Tau forces, vowing aloud for all to hear, he would tear the Broadside suit limb from limb. In a hard advance that cost the command squad another three of their number, they finally reached the Tau barricades, smashing them aside in their fury. True to his word, Champion Variel tore the battlesuit limb from limb before tearing it's pilot from the cockpit, only for it to suffer the same demise as his machine.

At the conclusion of the campaign, Variel was summoned to the Inviolate Rage, flagship of the Chapter, to be officially promoted to Captain of the 4th and begin his new duties as Master of the Fleet.

gallery_48988_17280_40707.jpg

Edited by Grotsmasha

Hey is it too late to get in on this? Deadline is august?

Put me down for assault intercessor -> OUtrider

intercessor-> Eradicator-> redemptor

stretch goal: intercessor -> bladeguard -> Lieutenant -> bladegaurd Company master

Sure, the more the merrier! Contest has already begun, 15 days ago but that just mens you have to catch up!

Great to see all the cool stuff everybody's shared already. I've been busily bashing away to get my trio ready- almost but not quite there. But since B&C is going down for a while to upgrade its machine spirit, wanted to share current progress on Chapter Master Nepharos of the Void Reavers. Still making tweaks, lots of stuff only temporarily stuck together with blue stuff, so suggestions and feedback greatly appreciated.

Left to right: (past) Nepharos as 4th company master, clad in terminator armor, (current-day) Nepharos as chapter master at the time of the Great Rift and Indomitus crusade, (future) Nepharos after crossing the Rubicon Primaris.

gallery_68171_15488_186681.jpg