[DW] The Desolation of Innocence (RPG OOC Thread)

Mazer Rackham

Posted, I'm hoping I'm considered to have the necessary training. If its Ag31 due to the TDA, we might be in trouble...

...unless Arcturion can add an Assist which should put the result safely under the 4DoF either way?

Spoiler

Ahem:

"...The controls are rudimentary, much like the craft, but simplicity permits anyone to take the helm..."

I do admit to not stipulating which AG score, and yes, I will use it to heighten the drama, and yes, hopefully a sense of pride and accomplishment*.

*Accomplishment not guaranteed, no monetary value, any senses are strictly transitory and are not served under warranty. This list is not exhaustive, and is not applicable in the US state of Kansas.

@Mazer Rackham - Are we then using Initiative to charge into the chamber?

Because at the moment Korvaan is still stuck in the rear with the gear.

Are we going to get an updated map, or can we use Initiative rolls to barge past squad mates to move forwards into the chamber proper?

An updated map is indeed planned.

Once I have everyone's Init values, I will update the map and show your dispositions as you enter the 'room', no-one will be stuck behind anyone, as reading the IC posts, you've all barrelled in there as per the prompt and AT's Dynamic Entry.

I've no doubt bloodshed and Xenos Flambe will shortly be behind.

Thanks for the heads-up gents, that's weird, it was deffo working after I put it up.

I'll look into it.

In other news, I have PM'd Tro to see how he's doing, and what he wants to do.

Placeholder text changed for the image whilst I sort it.  I'm away from the files, so could be tonight.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Map Key says 1m x 1m, so everything is in Short Range (For a Storm Bolter) that we can see.

1, 3 & 4 is probably your best shot.

5 & 6 are on the high ground but depending on angles MR might say that Luthais is in the way.

I don't think that we can actually see 2 as there is a Door in the way.

Edited by Machine God
Show thinking to Lysimachus

I must be going blind because I can't see a Key at all... I do see a thin white edge under the pic, is my screen cutting some bits off...?

Edit: I might step a few metres forward and turn and torch 5 and 6, as I won't suffer any BS penalties for higher target, they'll definitely both get caught and I'll ignore whatever cover they are hiding behind?

Should I put us into Lead By Example Squad Mode immediately as well? Or maybe Bolter Assault this Round to give the CC focused guys a boost to their Movement?

Edited by Lysimachus

1 minute ago, Lysimachus said:

I must be going blind because I can't see a Key at all... I do see a thin white edge under the pic, is my screen cutting some bits off...?

The key is in the Map in the post above, although MR's images are having the problems again - Just click on the picture icon and the map pops up

I have a feeling I know why it's happening, there is some BBCode cleaning up being done by one of the Admins, might be something to do with that.

MG is right otherwise, it's a 1 x 1, and yes friendly fire isn't. ;)

Spoiler

We're playing big boy trousers rules here!

If the maps are being off again, there's not much more I can do ATM.  If it carries on, I'll ask one of the techies, it may be how I'm uploading into the spoilers, but the last map is from the image gallery here on the B&C using the B&C tools for posting stuff...

I'll have another crack at it.

\shrug\

EDIT: For now, SQUAD PLANK is as follows:

• P = Philemon
  • L = Luthais
  • A = Arcturion
  • N = Nergui
  • K = Korvaan

I can only apologise for this lads.

Edited by Mazer Rackham
Typo

15 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Should I put us into Lead By Example Squad Mode immediately as well? Or maybe Bolter Assault this Round to give the CC focused guys a boost to their Movement?

@Lysimachus - Lead By Example looks very similar to The Traveller's Path.

Looks good but Bolter Assault works even better now that we're Rank 4 for Storm Bolters...

@Lysimachus On the flamer - yes, but be advised, I think Hybrid 5 goes before you, and I really need to hear back from Tro.

If I could ask peeps to hang fire until I redo the maps - again, apologies.

I blame the Lamenter. :tongue:

EDIT: @Machine God That's because it's the same SQD Mode... :happy:

Edited by Mazer Rackham

11 minutes ago, Machine God said:

@Lysimachus - Lead By Example looks very similar to The Traveller's Path.

Looks good but Bolter Assault works even better now that we're Rank 4 for Storm Bolters...

For the Emperor's Blade it's technically 'The Path of the Righteous' but I figured I'd stick with the official name so everyone knew what I was on about! :biggrin:

Unfortunately, only 2 team members have Bolt weapons and none have Grenades, so that limits its effectiveness to Korvaan and Nurgui... but the extra Charge Move might help Arcturion and Luthais get into range to Charge Round 1?

Maybe I'll kick off and maintain LbE, then others can choose if they want to stick with that or swap to Bolter Assault (or any other Squad Mode for that matter)?

@Mazer: Will do, boss, just brainstorming atm! :thumbsup:

@Necronaut Nope, no grenades for you - TDA replaces ALL standard gear barring GM Fiat.

As it is written in the Codex, so shall it be.

Technically you shouldn't get the benefit of Black Carapace or be able to carry Repair Cement either...but that sucks donkey butts, so it's allowed.

PS. This is why you Req Auxiliary grenade launchers....

Now, to business! The first map is b0rk, so I scrubbed it altogether, the second map now contains everything you need to orientate yourself, invite people to like your facebook profile, and set up tinder dates.

Now be happy!  That's an order! :tongue: