[Video game] Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun

I do love the look of this game. Do these boomer shooters tend to have high difficulty? I'm not even half the gamer I once was and don't usually enjoy banging my head against a wall in games anymore.

At $20 + 10% off the pre order I had to bite the bullet and pick it up on steam. Mechanically it seems solid from the dev playthrough of the first two levels posted on Aurochs YT channel. Hopefully it's decently long with replay value. Apparently at the beginning there is a character select, so it is possible you can unlock several different marines from various chapters, ideally with slight gameplay differences.

On 4/11/2023 at 9:32 PM, Urauloth said:

I'm impressed my Mr Kohli's painting, for only having started in '22. Those Ultramarines look great.

Better than mine. He's had coaching from the Play On team though. They have a YouTube series seeing him through to his first game as a newbie.

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

So something I learned today:

Hide contents

This game is apparently related to the first space marine game, with Titus being name dropped.

Apologies if it was already known.

I imagine this will be set in the final stages of the laat game when the rest of the Ultramarine force show up to meet the chaos uprising.

This came up on my chrome feed this morning:

https://www.eurogamer.net/i-didnt-realise-boomer-shooter-warhammer-40000-boltgun-is-a-sequel-to-2011s-space-marine

Extract from article:

It turns out Boltgun, like Space Marine, is set on Adeptus Mechanicus Forge World Graia. Apparently the silly old Ad Mech are running experiments that have - shock horror! - blown up in their face and spawned a Chaos invasion. Whoops!

Step forward, or stomp forward, perhaps, Ultramarines veteran Malum Caedo, voiced by Rahul Kohli. Caedo battles to contain the Chaos horde while giving praise to Captain Titus' exploits on Graia.

Can't verify how accurate or not that is, but it's something extra. 

On 4/11/2023 at 12:36 PM, Preliminary Bombardment said:

Good for him. I follow him on Instagram, he's a massive nerd. Good in Midnight Mass too

Couldnt help but think of him as one of the Degrassi kids, but agreed he was good in Midnight Mass.

Dear Emperor, this game is glorious! I've only gone through a couple of the levels so far, but, it is an aboslute blast. Feels very "Rogue Trader" to me, which is probably due to the Retro aesthetic, playing as a Beakie Marine, and the sheer batcrap craziness of it all. I love it!

12 minutes ago, bushman101 said:

Is this a download only thing?

[shows age]   I'd prefer a physical copy.  [/shows age]:teehee:

Uh...

I dunno when the last time you interacted with gaming on PCs was, but there haven't been physical copies of PC game releases for like over a decade now.