[Video game] Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun

34 minutes ago, Sothalor said:

Uh...

I dunno when the last time you interacted with gaming on PCs was, but there haven't been physical copies of PC game releases for like over a decade now.

I was mostly asking for consoles (particularly PS). 

But yeah, haven't done PC games since mid 2000's

1 hour ago, Captain Idaho said:

Is that the same as PS4?

I'm pretty sure the game is identical on all systems. It's safe to buy on console.

And unfortunately it's only available digitally...

Edited by Orange Knight

This game is friggin' dope.

If you are at all a fan of both Doom and 40k (fanbases which I'm sure overlap to a large degree anyhow), and wondered why there was never a big TC wad combining the two despite how obvious and great of an idea it would be, well, here it is.

The only letdown for me so far would be the soundtrack. There's this pretty gnarly 80s style heavy metal track that plays on the title screen, and makes you think that's what you will be in for, but then for the rest of the game it just seems to be this pretty run of the mill ambient techno-ish stuff. Reeaaaal missed opportunity there. This game needs RIFFS.

Played the first real level and a half before my laptop needed to be plugged in. The boltgun and shotgun both feel great, and the player character has a sense of weight that was missing from the last fast paced 40k shooter (Hired Gun. During my brief playthrough before I returned the game because the hideous lighting was eye-searing, I felt like the character was a feather at the end of a cat toy with how they bounced around). Also you can goomba stomp cultists if you fall from a great enough height onto then, which is fantastic.

Edited by Squark