[DH1e] The Damocles Contingency (OOC)

Mazer Rackham

2 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

@Machine God Just a quickie, bud - I assumed the Int test was to hide the Electoo, but were you looking for something, or trying to use Scrutiny?

No I deliberately wrote the Aquila left hand over right so that an 'Observant' individual might notice the Electoo. The Int test was so that I could add about theological dogma and add the Washing the Feet thing.

4 minutes ago, Machine God said:

No I deliberately wrote the Aquila left hand over right so that an 'Observant' individual might notice the Electoo. The Int test was so that I could add about theological dogma and add the Washing the Feet thing.

Ah, gotcha.

@Mazer Rackham I'm probably not going to get anything up tonight. I'm not asking you to autopilot the Penitent, but for the time being he's going to be playing the silent, scary and watchful type, like a no-nonsense bodyguard to some aristocrat ought to be. I'll spend a few thrones on food from the vendor we visited a few minutes ago in-game.

Again sorry! 

Quick question Mazer, do you want to roll the Psychic Phenomena tests, or do you want me to? I can easily let you know if one occurs, but didn't know if you wanted to do the roll and work it into a description of the outcome of the psychic manifestations.

So, quick question: as far as I can see from the map we are 1 block of uphive and then at least 9 blocks of midhive to get to the Sanctum? At basic (walking?) speed, that works out as minimum 7.25 hours. Will the lifts going from level to level travel any faster than that?

Edit: presumably time in the lift can cover resting time for day 1 (sat on the floor or benches in lifts, etc?)

Edited by Lysimachus

The travel time is just a baseline abstraction if you had to dodge traffic, whereas the lifts themselves are a mostly direct line. Due to this, your travel time will be reduced by 1D3 hours. The randomness of this is to account for lift occupants, shift change-overs, queues for bloody kids riding the lifts up and down pressing all the buttons (:pirate:) etc. Feel free to narrate this. However, each of these lifts are in almost constant service, and therefore can become temperamental...

You may count the lift as a rest area.

Yeah, it's a gang moniker, so to everyone outside the gang it means nothing, but if you say it to the right folks, they'll know who you mean.

EDIT: I have added some GM comments below.

What I see when I move the players on:

Spoiler

large.1130317096_Lifts1.jpg.1c79a700864a

What my Players see:

Spoiler

large.1753246959_Lifts2.jpg.188aeca82718

Edited by Mazer Rackham
The Burden of a GM

Sorry, been out of the loop today. Just to confirm, the Drone tried to Grapple as part of a Charge, right? (I assume it must have, it couldn't do so without moving out from where it was?)

Then Scourge charged it back, so they are all Engaged in the centre of the chamber?

Just trying to confirm where everyone is before I decide what Reynard will do...

27 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Just to confirm, the Drone tried to Grapple as part of a Charge, right? (I assume it must have, it couldn't do so without moving out from where it was?)

No, the grapple was initiated by way of an extending 'go-go-gadget' arm "A telescoping appendage" - mechanically, it works like the Lictor's Flesh Hooks and is 'ranged' Grapple. The Drone didn't move.

Your character will have noted when the hand stuck in the wall, the arm is also multi-jointed, and therefore may turn corners...at least up to range. You may also conclude then, that it would work like a harpoon, or grapnel.

Scourge then charged it, and it's currently fighting him from its original position (so I can cop out of a new map! ;p)

Does that help?

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Earlier.

Technically you're already there, but you're coming from the other side of the sanctum which will (conveniently - what are the odds!) put you in striking distance, if you hoof it. You will be in vox range, but I'm just leaving the train gang to sort out what they want to do, since interference with what's going on is possible. Either Falk or Nicios could interrupt - Stitches has been told to accompany the fop from the top, but Beren has not indicated if he is actually going with them. (I think he has spotty internet IIRC).

This means it's all up in the air. I'll wait a bit, and if the posters aren't available I'll move your group along, Ikka.

Any good to you?

Oh, I was just wondering- not in a hurry or anything. Falk and Stitches still have to react to the current situation, while Nicios is just waiting to see what happens. I'm perfectly fine with waiting to see what they do and watching the lander group fight off a bodypart-snatching drone. 

*Steeples fingers*

I see, interesting...good feedback is very important to continued player  vivisection  satisfaction.

:ph34r:

EDIT: If/when the players do reconvene, we don't need to bother with the the terribly tiresome rigmarole of PC exposition explaining the encounters: "And then, I had to change my pants to red ones, because the ladies like more va va vroom!"

We can all just assume that you've walked and talked, and the Players know. We can save some digital ink. :happy:

Edited by Mazer Rackham