I said it in an older thread but it feels like Epic is the vehicle they want to use to keep the 10,000 years before Primaris alive so while Legiones Imperialis will be 4 years of nothing but marines and guard, eventually they will roll out Xenos races so they have that reoccurring revenue from constantly sold Imperial factions to offset the one and done Xenos players. 

3 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

I said it in an older thread but it feels like Epic is the vehicle they want to use to keep the 10,000 years before Primaris alive so while Legiones Imperialis will be 4 years of nothing but marines and guard, eventually they will roll out Xenos races so they have that reoccurring revenue from constantly sold Imperial factions to offset the one and done Xenos players. 

I think they also know/noticed people like tiny tanks so guard lets them do that even more

If ever a game needed a Crusade Expeditionary Fleet army list with both astartes and Imperial army, this is it.

Depending on how much Heresy-exclusive stuff is in the Imperial Army faction, it wouldn't be too hard for them to open the range up to post-Heresy stuff in the future if they wanted. If it's mostly guard-equivalent units, that is. If it's full of Solar Auxilia, that would be more difficult.

Either way, I like the idea of epic-scale Heresy. Give me a ton of micro armour I can paint in Astartes legion colours please.

Opening up with Imperial Army and Space Marines is actually a really clever idea. They know Space Marines will sell, so they pay for themselves. But being tied to a boxed set where the other lot are Imperial army, forces the purchase of the 2nd army for the game.

It also means the game is a step closer to all those supplements for other factions, as logically we knew Legions would be first, then likely Imperial Army... now Imperial army are already done we can move to the next one!

2 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

Opening up with Imperial Army and Space Marines is actually a really clever idea. They know Space Marines will sell, so they pay for themselves. But being tied to a boxed set where the other lot are Imperial army, forces the purchase of the 2nd army for the game.

It also means the game is a step closer to all those supplements for other factions, as logically we knew Legions would be first, then likely Imperial Army... now Imperial army are already done we can move to the next one!

I, for one, will love buying Mech robots. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 10:42 AM, matcap86 said:

Still got my fingers crossed for plastic Solar Aux, (or Imperial army) for HH. But that's offtopic.

I'm super confident Imperial Army is the Mystery army release. These rumours of Imperial Army being in Epic and the time between the two releases it would be insane not to release Imperial Army in HH as well.

4 minutes ago, Warmaster1988 said:

User from a german Warhammer Board is saying he got a AT Warlord in a White Mailorder Box.

That doesn't really mean anything. I've had necromunda and warcry stuff turn up in white boxes. 

Edited by Waaagh?

11 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

I'm super confident Imperial Army is the Mystery army release. These rumours of Imperial Army being in Epic and the time between the two releases it would be insane not to release Imperial Army in HH as well.

It would be pretty silly for them to release a resin horde army at the same time as the Adeptus Mechanicus codex is released for 40K when they could finally drop Plastic automata which are main for Heresy and Legends for 40K.