6 hours ago, fire golem said:

Titans are already plastic. The rest seems doable with fairly minimal sprue outlay. 

Between Aeronautica and Titanicus, you've got a decent basis already.

One box of infantry can represent basically all large squads given the scale would make it hard to distinguish assault from basic troopers. A couple boxes of tank units on top of that and you've got enough models to get the ball rolling.

12 hours ago, spessmarine said:

Between Aeronautica and Titanicus, you've got a decent basis already.

One box of infantry can represent basically all large squads given the scale would make it hard to distinguish assault from basic troopers. A couple boxes of tank units on top of that and you've got enough models to get the ball rolling.

You could distinguish between different  squad types easy enough in old epic with old tech plastic tech at that scale so with modern tech I’d say it’d be better detailed. More likely be like the old battle force box where you get enough of each type to make several stands/squads worth

There's nothing hard in distinguishing Epic scale infantry types from each other, as evidenced by the thousands of Epic armies out there already, mine included. Heck, it's not hard to even distinguish between armour marks, let alone heavy weapons or assault units. Even back in 2018 when Titanicus came out, Andy Hoare specifically mentioned that they chose the 1/4 of 40k size so that any hypothetical marine models they might possibly end up making would still look good.

2 hours ago, Warmaster1988 said:

There is another rumor making the round on FB and Dakkadakka that Epic is the last Game involving Jervis Johnson.

Hadn't he already retired or is has this game been done for a while

On 7/31/2022 at 3:06 PM, Lord Marshal said:

I'll just quote myself from that thread.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm still extremely sceptical about Epic being a thing. I'm one of the first to laugh off the idea of 3D printers hurting GW's bottom line, but sub-15mm miniatures are the one thing where they could actually "go brrrrr" into GW's pocket due to the tiny scale and lack of detail being the type of thing a printer could replicate without much trouble.

The timing is also a bit sus, insofar as people were speculating Epic due to AI getting a Heresy supplement, like how the the "Inquisition with Gland-Warriors" rumours popped up five minutes after people figured out the Rumour Engine was from the 54mm Inquisitor game.

Hope we do get Epic, but I'd be surprised if we did.

We're blatantly getting Epic HH. The teaser says to 'Command Legions'.. It's gonna be an Istvaan Dropsite Massacre themed entry box imho.

Just now, TheWarmaster said:

We're blatantly getting Epic HH. The teaser says to 'Command Legions'.. It's gonna be an Istvaan Dropsite Massacre themed entry box imho.

While we're 100% getting HH Epic, I personally hope that a repeat of the original Epic happens where the HH version is such a success that a 40k version is made shortly afterwards.

3 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

While we're 100% getting HH Epic, I personally hope that a repeat of the original Epic happens where the HH version is such a success that a 40k version is made shortly afterwards.

1 reason I'll be grabbing a box. Give me orks and I'd be ecstatic. I'll settle for heresy though.

2 hours ago, Daylight said:

I hope the Marines are in mark II, III, or IV armor because they’re more Heresy-era IMO, but mark VI would make more sense if they transition into regular 40k as well. 

I'm kind of expecting armour marks to be signifiers of types of units. Mk6: assault forces, mk4 line troops, mk3 heavy support, etc.

Edited by matcap86

On 5/2/2023 at 9:16 PM, TheWarmaster said:

Dropsite massacre would make a lot of sense for a "boxed game" starter set. Loads of Legions involved in one huge battle that took place at close range in open terrain with massed formations. 

Could have several distinct scenarios for each phase of the battle and players would have a lot of choices with how to use the contents. 

What I am curious about is how this game overlaps with 28mm HH and titanicus in terms of players, interest and sales. 

Is it for people who like the horus heresy setting but don't like 28mm massed battles? 

HH fans who want to paint the same army again in a smaller scale? 

Fans of the original epic scale games? 

People who just want to paint tiny space marines?