6 hours ago, Warmaster1988 said:

Lets see what happen. I hope we get soon any new hints or teasers.

Agreed, we're on a holding course now as far as official information goes.

There's more rumours popping up but they're dubious. I'm hoping Valrak's sources come through, especially the one who's been on point with all the 40k stuff.

37 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

Agreed, we're on a holding course now as far as official information goes.

There's more rumours popping up but they're dubious. I'm hoping Valrak's sources come through, especially the one who's been on point with all the 40k stuff.

Hobbywaffle.on the youtubes has a vid up on rumoured box contents

1 hour ago, Dark Shepherd said:

Hobbywaffle.on the youtubes has a vid up on rumoured box contents

If you've had the chance to watch it, I'd very much appreciate a quick written summary.

Really excited for Epic – I was in the crowd for the teaser 'announcement', and was very pleased indeed!

Beyond a gentle susurrus, there wasn't a huge reaction, as I remember – though bear in mind it was quite a vague teaser at the end of quite a wide-ranging reveal. As I remember there were a few audible 'oohs' – but perhaps that was just me and my friends! :D

Given the buzz that's popped up since, and building on Titanicus' surprise success – I think GW are well aware of the potential popularity of Epic.

On a different, but related note – I had been half-hoping, half-expecting an announcement, thanks to Valrak. As the shapes came up on the screen, my immediate reaction was that we were seeing an Isstvan V-themed teaser; as I interepreted the two static-laden sides as Iron Hands and Sons of Horus.

However, the clearer images seen later show it's Imperial Fists vs Sons of Horus. Nevertheless, I've seen a couple of unrelated people mentioning that it might be Isstvan-themed – so was this a coincidental collective misunderstanding, or has there been a suggestion somewhere else that a potential box will be Isstvan-themed?

Edited by apologist

On 5/10/2023 at 4:09 AM, spessmarine said:

Lastly, the AT Warlord isn't that big at all, so plenty of space for a big, big boy.

a66eb2b7-knight-size-comparisons.jpg

I wonder if you could use a Knight Castellan as the basis for converting into an AT-scale Imperator. It is significantly bigger than the Warlord and comes with a honking great plasma cannon. Avenger from the Questoris. The main challenge would be building up the spires on its back but it should be doable.

9 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

I wonder if you could use a Knight Castellan as the basis for converting into an AT-scale Imperator. It is significantly bigger than the Warlord and comes with a honking great plasma cannon. Avenger from the Questoris. The main challenge would be building up the spires on its back but it should be doable.

Taken from Imperium of Man facebook group:

Screenshot_20230512_132539_Facebook.jpg

2 hours ago, apologist said:

Beyond a gentle susurrus, there wasn't a huge reaction, as I remember – though bear in mind it was quite a vague teaser at the end of quite a wide-ranging reveal. As I remember there were a few audible 'oohs' – but perhaps that was just me and my friends! :D

Given the buzz that's popped up since, and building on Titanicus' surprise success – I think GW are well aware of the potential popularity of Epic.

On a different, but related note – I had been half-hoping, half-expecting an announcement, thanks to Valrak. As the shapes came up on the screen, my immediate reaction was that we were seeing an Isstvan V-themed teaser; as I interepreted the two static-laden sides as Iron Hands and Sons of Horus.

However, the clearer images seen later show it's Imperial Fists vs Sons of Horus. Nevertheless, I've seen a couple of unrelated people mentioning that it might be Isstvan-themed – so was this a coincidental collective misunderstanding, or has there been a suggestion somewhere else that a potential box will be Isstvan-themed?

The latest rumour pegs it as being set during Istvaan III, at least to start with, which is quite interesting as we saw that the teaser shown at WH Fest featured Imperial Fists and Sons of Horus.  

That could perhaps indicate a later campaign, most likely the Siege of Cthonia? 

I put the video up anyway as the latest rumour was slightly different to the one we’ve seen on page 7 of this thread (fb link/ faeit 212) whereas this was one big block of text sent on WhatsApp, which I split into sections.
Possibly an evolution of previous rumours but this was quite specific in terms of sprue layout and wotnot, so I felt it warranted further discussion and hype ;)

By the way, there’s a giveaway in that video too, so adding the link below so fellow Fraters have a chance to win one of the event minis.

21 minutes ago, Cyrox said:

I put the video up anyway as the latest rumour was slightly different to the one we’ve seen on page 7 of this thread (fb link/ faeit 212) whereas this was one big block of text sent on WhatsApp, which I split into sections.

Thanks – any chance of a text summary? 

10 minutes ago, apologist said:

Thanks – any chance of a text summary? 

Its just the Faeit212/Nafka rumours from two months ago

https://natfka.blogspot.com/2023/03/a-huge-epic-set-of-rumors.html

https://natfka.blogspot.com/2023/05/the-future-of-epic-horus-heresy-plans.html

And you can pretty much ignore anything that comes from there, its 90% just wishlisting and the rest is just collecting rumours from other places

Edited by Matrindur

14 hours ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

Istvaan 3 doesn't make much sense for a setting. As the forces were not balanced, and would be painted the same on both sides?

Oh, and definitely don't match the teaser.

Agreed, Siege of Cthonia would make more sense given the teaser, or if we discount the teaser as an indication of box setting, Istvaan V would be better 

On 5/12/2023 at 2:27 PM, Ming the Merciless said:

Taken from Imperium of Man facebook group:

Screenshot_20230512_132539_Facebook.jpg

Actually, this one is from brother Xanthier here on B&C. See here https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356359-legio-gloriam-the-honour-bound/?do=findComment&comment=5420758

I greatly recommend his project log, it is a true feast for the eyes.

I don't think Isstvan III was rumoured, was it? If you mean Istvan V, I don't think it matters that it's not balanced at the overall scale. Even Epic isn't going to deal with the 500,000-odd Space Marines on the field in the Urgall Depression. The scale of Epic, if it's anything like the previous versions, would be reflecting company-sized engagements within the broader battle, and those can easily be much more even.

The Isstvan Dropsite Massacre (IDM) is a pretty decent excuse to theme the initial support releases around eleven Legions, rather than the whole lot of 'em. It also has the advantages of being a battle immediately familiar to old hands and new players alike, and having very striking colour scheme oppositions, and that visual impact is something the GW Studio has mentioned is commercially important.

I think the IDM is at least as likely as the other options that spring to mind, namely Siege of Cthonia, Siege of Terra and a completely new battle. Of those, the first two have more obvious risks – fewer Legions involved, and the first in particular risks diluting the appeal/message of the 32mm-scale equivalent.

A newly-created battle (as with Cthonia for has the 32mm Age of Darkness game) has the advantage of keeping thing very focussed and clean, and allowing other Legions to be spotlighted rather than Sons of Horus and Imperial Fists – but at that point, it's a pure guessing game.

27 minutes ago, Doctor Perils said:

IIRC there were Fists as logos for the announcement video, so I'd imagine Siege of Cthonia or Siege of Terra as opposed to IDM, but happy to be mistaken

Huh I thought those were Iron Hands legion symbols but you're right, it does look more like Fists on a second watch.

Istvaan makes some sense, though i do think going back to the start again when Terra is still rolling on would be a mistake. That said the video featuring Sons and Fists really makes that feel a lot like someone wishlisting.

This will be like titanicus....a big blast and splash of pretty colours at launch...a couple of boxsets over 6 monts, vague rumours of expanding into 40k , then nothing except a couple of resin pieces once a year from forgeworld.  Its a miss for me.  Plus i heard there was a very poor audience response at fest...no cheers or hurrahs, and no buzz at all

The only thing that bothered me about the trailer is that it looks like they’re keeping those long rectangular bases for the infantry from the earlier editions which I always kinda hated.

I think the low profile round bases you see with a lot of modern 3D printed Epic stuff looks a lot better. 

On 5/18/2023 at 11:05 AM, beefeb said:

This will be like titanicus....a big blast and splash of pretty colours at launch...a couple of boxsets over 6 monts, vague rumours of expanding into 40k , then nothing except a couple of resin pieces once a year from forgeworld.  Its a miss for me.  Plus i heard there was a very poor audience response at fest...no cheers or hurrahs, and no buzz at all

That's literally the coolest thing about AT, that it is done right first time and left alone. (Mostly).

Multiple Editions FOMO and bloat can remain a main game issue thanks very much. 

Hell I'm praying to all the dark entities that this is just an added tank and infantry (and planes) rulebook to AT, along with cool minis ofc.

But if I have to get a few tank and infantry sprues and some new core ruleset books due to a new game it will still be worth it.