Heresy Roadmap Speculation

The leaks went on so damn long its entirely possible kits have been planned, shelved, revived and shelved again in the meantime. I suspect they are prioritising the Marine stuff at the moment though, thats been a clear through line of their current strategy and with the current production problems rules might come out ahead of minis as they cant delay them too much as they might have usually with so many forces unplayable right now.

It's also only a bit in, and they haven't released all the legion stuff. Even if no plastic mechanicum for now, I'd much rather they get the book out timely so that they can at least play the game, instead of forcing the book to match a model release.

• 4 weeks later...

It's now August 31 and we've gotten no PDF this month. This breaks their statement of monthly exemplary battle releases, and the lack of daemons is extra disappointing; word bearers and big K kind of especially revolve around those rules, with the esoterist being held back as well.

Hopefully the backlash to the quality of rules has resulted in the delay, and they'll release tightly written and worthwhile.

Yeah after KaBandha and Daemons in white dwarf i really did expect their rules soonish.

They have pulled more staff on to the Heresy team so perhaps they are reviewing things, might just be saving it for Thursday even though thats in September.

26 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Yeah after KaBandha and Daemons in white dwarf i really did expect their rules soonish.

They have pulled more staff on to the Heresy team so perhaps they are reviewing things, might just be saving it for Thursday even though thats in September.

Daemons I can see being held for tomorrow; 1st of the month, Thursday and no paid rules release for September. But breaking the commitment for monthly exemplary battle rules, especially when they were supposedly initially written for 2nd*, is just throwing grease on the fire of a low-quality rules launch.

*I frankly don't believe they were back-ported to 1st. Most of them work too cohesively compared to their 2nd counterpartsn which read more like the expanded units.

2 hours ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

Daemons I can see being held for tomorrow; 1st of the month, Thursday and no paid rules release for September. But breaking the commitment for monthly exemplary battle rules, especially when they were supposedly initially written for 2nd*, is just throwing grease on the fire of a low-quality rules launch.

*I frankly don't believe they were back-ported to 1st. Most of them work too cohesively compared to their 2nd counterpartsn which read more like the expanded units.

Yeah, I've started to believe this as well tbh. Or that they only decided to release some of them for 1.0 about half way through writing them.

They definitely feel like something to fill the gaping void where 1st ed content was the last couple of years, though ill bet they were written with 2nd in mind because thats what they will have been focused on for a long time at that point i think you are right that they were written for 1st and converted.

Disappointing. And double disappointing with no daemons today, as much as I like that Vanus (and other assassins) will have rules.

Feels like somethings going on when they break the cycle for both legion upgrade packs and the free pdfs. 

49 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

Disappointing. And double disappointing with no daemons today, as much as I like that Vanus (and other assassins) will have rules.

Feels like somethings going on when they break the cycle for both legion upgrade packs and the free pdfs. 

my own theory is that the NL helms were abit too close the the SW ones and the backlash has made them rethink them.  No evidence just me being a conspiracy theorist XD

1 minute ago, sarabando said:

my own theory is that the NL helms were abit too close the the SW ones and the backlash has made them rethink them.  No evidence just me being a conspiracy theorist XD

I completely agree although I kind of want to see them now if this is the case. :laugh:

Probably actual bat heads or Count Chocula death masks.

Vanus is cool and I assume rule for it will be in the Liber Imperialis book due in October. Agree that it is a bit meh to see the schedule messed with already, only three months in. But then again, it was never a cast iron schedule and GW is known for being fast & loose with releases so I'm not concerned that it is a sign of anything wrong with the Roadmap as a whole.

I'd really like to see more regular human personalities, something like loyalist Remembrancers or characters from the novels would add a ton of character to the narrative settings even if not quite death star units in their own right. Just even simple things that give a mild buff but have fantastic period models would be awesome.

45 minutes ago, Doghouse said:

I'd really like to see more regular human personalities, something like loyalist Remembrancers or characters from the novels would add a ton of character to the narrative settings even if not quite death star units in their own right. Just even simple things that give a mild buff but have fantastic period models would be awesome.

No idea how likely it is, but something like the MESBG 'Personalities of...' series of models that FW does would be cool.

Years ago for fantasy they did a civilians of the Empire range, would love something like that.  Even if its still military tie ins.

Naval ratings, random pilots ( NOT fighter pilots, like lifter/transport pilots) orators,minor menial mechanicum adepts  etc. But i understand that it might not sale well enough to justify.

When the militia book drops would love for a character series lord general and staff as a middle way. 

I think before they move onto plastic kits for Mechanicus and what not, they should release kits to finish out the Marines troop choices.  Since there's no melee kit for the new Mk VI, I think it's important to get that out there

On 9/1/2022 at 4:48 PM, Astartes Consul said:

Agree that it is a bit meh to see the schedule messed with already, only three months in. But then again, it was never a cast iron schedule and GW is known for being fast & loose with releases so I'm not concerned that it is a sign of anything wrong with the Roadmap as a whole.

Have you looked into the state of global logistics at all? It might assuage the "meh" in that just about everyone is having a wild time carting stuff around the world these days. 

On 9/1/2022 at 4:56 PM, Doghouse said:

I'd really like to see more regular human personalities, something like loyalist Remembrancers or characters from the novels

Didn't HH1.0 have rules for navigators and things? I seem to recall a third eye blast or something. Additional humans would be great from a pre-heresy perspective, but the remembrancer order was largely decommissioned during the heresy right, and they wouldn't have been seen near battlefields. 

2 hours ago, Stitch5000 said:

Have you looked into the state of global logistics at all? It might assuage the "meh" in that just about everyone is having a wild time carting stuff around the world these days. 

What? How exactly is that messing with releasing PDFs again? For existing minis, or new ones made by kitbashing existing kits? 

2 hours ago, Xenith said:

Didn't HH1.0 have rules for navigators and things? I seem to recall a third eye blast or something. Additional humans would be great from a pre-heresy perspective, but the remembrancer order was largely decommissioned during the heresy right, and they wouldn't have been seen near battlefields. 

There were rules for Navigators, but they were tied in to an event-only model and only in PDF form. I can't remember if the Davinite Priest also had rules. I remember they ran a campaign weekend where you had to bring your own converted Rememberancer.

That said, now they seem more open to things like the new Assassin I'd be shocked if we didn't see more gimmicky human resin models and rules like those three.

Edited by Lord Marshal

2 hours ago, Noserenda said:

What? How exactly is that messing with releasing PDFs again? For existing minis, or new ones made by kitbashing existing kits? 

I was talking about the wider "roadmap", but then isn't it entirely possible that some of the Exemplary Battles PDFs might feature products/models that have had to be delayed due to logistical issues?