Warhammer Plus Content Season 2

Taliesin

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Emperor Ming said:

Its running at a profit, that's all gw will care about, so it will prob continue:yes:

My guess is the renewal date is when the current 40k app stuff will become shackled to warhammer+

Aye, it'll probably continue, but if they don't generate any decent hype over the next month or so, are they going to retain the current members (of which I am one) and gain new ones for the year ahead? 

56 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

But wholl actually continue their subscription without a third year mini? Its not even been hinted yet

OK, so I've trawled the B&C threads, and found that GW gave a WH+ preview on the 10th August 2022, and revealed the model on the 14th August. So going by that we still have time for them to do their preview article and model reveal. Here's hoping they'll come through! 

Edited by Domhnall
added in quote from Marshal Reinhard

54 minutes ago, Domhnall said:

Aye, it'll probably continue, but if they don't generate any decent hype over the next month or so, are they going to retain the current members (of which I am one) and gain new ones for the year ahead? 

OK, so I've trawled the B&C threads, and found that GW gave a WH+ preview on the 10th August 2022, and revealed the model on the 14th August. So going by that we still have time for them to do their preview article and model reveal. Here's hoping they'll come through! 

Honestly, that new mini has got to be a real whopper to get me to even consider resubbing. The absolute dismal state (and average quality) of releases is really bad. 

• 6 months later...

Looks like they have just quit on warhammer plus animation.

Last thing that they did was Pariah Nexus last year and since then its been week after week of nothing.

We thought it took a downturn in 2022 , and then more last year. Little did we know that it would only get less and less.

I seem to recall they had a trailer for this year, but nothing has been shown.

There has been a general ‘a lot of nothing’ across the board where WH+ is concerned.  Not only have the animations dropped away, there has been nothing new added to the Vault for months.  They need to pick up their game, and soon, if they want to maintain the sub numbers.

At this point, unless the next year's mini is awesome, I'm out. I've given it three years. I don't use their official 40k list builder because I like 3rd party builders better, I don't watch their battle reports or painting tutorials because I can get better (subjectively, of course) on Youtube, and I don't need their lore stuff because I read. Really, the animations and minis are the only draw for me and given that the 3rd year mini was pretty poor (decent mini and a good callback but majorly lacking compared to Ahzak or the Vindicare) I won't be renewing. That's $70 in August that I can use to buy something fun.

It would be interesting to see an explanation for why they are letting it slip like this. I know they wont even do that , they will just pretend everything is as normal and then when an animation does eventually come out, they act like its an incredible event everyone should be thankful for. 

22 hours ago, Taliesin said:

We thought it took a downturn in 2022 , and then more last year. Little did we know that it would only get less and less.

Despite the content coming in less and less, the actual number of subscribers continues to go up; as of the publication of the half-yearly report in January there's been a near 50% increase in subscribers (2022/23: 115,000 vs 169,000 this January 2024). We'll know by the end of the year whether that figure has continued to go up or dropped off.

Beyond that, the last thing they really announced animation-wise was a sequel to Pariah Nexus is incoming; but that'll be a ways off. M2 Animation will have other priorities right now.

Battle Reports, Loremasters and Citadel Masterclass continue to trickle in. The lack of any more additions to the Vault is concerning, although I'm gambling on them holding back on major drops on that side so they can re-work the user interface on that part of the site to be a bit more friendly.

52 minutes ago, Joe said:

Beyond that, the last thing they really announced animation-wise was a sequel to Pariah Nexus is incoming; but that'll be a ways off. M2 Animation will have other priorities right now.

There does indeed seem to be hardly any mention of new animations coming up, concerning.

Cant fathom why subscribers numbers would go up but at the same time I dont care, I only care about their output.

2 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Dont they still have a backlog of things announced from before the amazon deal? Ive not  really kept track of it other than mild disappointment every Sunday

They do still have a backlog from that yes. However...we are not hearing about those missing shows anymore. Astartes 2, High Lords etc., 2 others I seem to recall.

3 hours ago, son of the forest said:

I've cancelled my sub, is the lack of animation due to the amazon deal?

Well we dont know. Maybe not, because who is to say that the animators they hired to to a couple of shows that we have seen so far, are actually doing new shows for them, that will go up on either Warhammer Plus or Amazon. No clues as to that.

The lack of transparency around Warhammer TV is so frustrating. We get an annual "Here's what is coming!" video at the beginning of the year, and then nothing at all when there is no real follow-up. If they acknowledged that there was some sort of issue or delay in production that would give subscribers the confidence that at least something is happening, but GW is so focused on keeping all of their information secret that they won't be upfront with us.

On 2/12/2024 at 8:03 AM, Lord_Ikka said:

At this point, unless the next year's mini is awesome, I'm out. I've given it three years. I don't use their official 40k list builder because I like 3rd party builders better, I don't watch their battle reports or painting tutorials because I can get better (subjectively, of course) on Youtube, and I don't need their lore stuff because I read. Really, the animations and minis are the only draw for me and given that the 3rd year mini was pretty poor (decent mini and a good callback but majorly lacking compared to Ahzak or the Vindicare) I won't be renewing. That's $70 in August that I can use to buy something fun.

This. Only stayed on the third year because a friend of mine specifically wanted one of the third year minis. would've been out otherwise