Warhammer Plus Content Season 2

Taliesin

It is very disappointing and frustrating that GW is so resistant to being open with their customers. It feels like W+ is being left to dry. I wonder if they are just going to dump it. It's a shame as I have enjoyed the animations and while the Loremasters & Bat Reps weren't phenomenal they were decent enough. 

6 hours ago, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

It feels like W+ is being left to dry. I wonder if they are just going to dump it.

So long as the subscribers continue to grow, and the profit margin is sufficient, it'll carry on. If you assume all 169,000 subscribers are subscribed for a full year (they won't be, but we're assuming the higher end for now) that's a turnover of £8,448,310, which is considerably more than Black Library brings in.

@Taliesin At least someone else likes them, I was beginning to think I was the only one! I was a big fan of The Exodite and the Hammer & Bolter episode 'Plague Song'. Plus Angels of Death, that was awesome. What are some your favorites?

@Joe So some decent revenue then. I wonder how that translates into profitability? I have no idea how much animations cost but they certainly don't seem to have spent big on things like Battle Report.

I liked The Exodite, Pariah Nexus, Iron Within, parts of Angels of Death ( not the prequel ), some episodes of Hammer and Bolter ( but a minority of them) and some episodes of BlackTalon.

The Interrogator series also was not bad, just stylistically not exciting for me.

P.s. Astartes was the best, but that is not a WH+ animation.

Edited by Taliesin

The Hammer and Bolter with the dude who goes and finds the spirit stone of his mom so he can put it in wraithguard was probably the best; I also really liked the one about the datasmith and her loyal robot, the Sisters of Battle episode, or the one about corruption in the administratum. The assassin/ inquisition one was good too...

I guess I liked most of the Hammer and Bolter stuff actually. 

5 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

the one about corruption in the administratum. 

I thought that ep did a grt job of portraying the grimdark:happy:

Skulls everywhere, steel beds with no mattress, even the food thing is a skull:laugh:

and of most importantly, counting every book everyday! and no talking!

19 hours ago, Joe said:

So long as the subscribers continue to grow, and the profit margin is sufficient, it'll carry on. If you assume all 169,000 subscribers are subscribed for a full year (they won't be, but we're assuming the higher end for now) that's a turnover of £8,448,310, which is considerably more than Black Library brings in.

Yeah as i remember saying, subscription models like this dont rely as much on ongoing content as one people not being bothered to unsubscribe. Like, they could essentially cease all content entirely today and still net a decent income for years off of people not noticing the small payments going monthly, or possibly even the larger annual one. 

Believe me, the insanity i saw working front line for a bank, like people with multiple phone insurance policies or the depressing regularity of explaining what Amazon prime was after it had been coming out of their account for multiple years :D 

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Taliesin said:

Broken Lance out today, anyone seen it? 

I've watched it, I thought it was ok but nothing amazing.

The story is fairly predictable but suitably grim dark with dramatic undertones. The Knight animation is ok but he combat is slow and lack lustre and feels like a set piece from a call of duty style game. The human animation when it comes to lip-sync was pretty bad and they look kind of goofy when they spoke, bit like Wallace and Grommit.

I saw Lost Legion mentioned in the end credits which surprised me because Exodite was pretty amazing in comparison.

It's fine, few nit picks here and there as you can tell but nothing spectacular. Felt like a polished fan film and the story was contained to the one episode. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised that the same studio that did Exodite produced this too? It's terrible by comparison. Also it seems the studio as closed, possibly even before this released? 

The fight scenes are like bad video cut scenes run on an under spec'd machine. The new Aos trailer was better quality in terms of story and animation. 

This will be my last year support WH+ unless something drastically changes with their offering.