Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

yeah we are not even talking about losing money. Print more , sell more. 2500 for the last novels on a mega series written by Dan Abnett? This would sell 4000 without any doubt. I mean you are hurting yourselves.. Imagine that guy or gal that bought all other novels and now this one couldn't?  It 's a disgruntled costumer that will think twice on jumping on board of a new series of SE.

Live and learn...

4 hours ago, matcap86 said:

Yeah I hope to complete the SoT collection, but after that I'm never buying anything limited edition from GW again. 

In my case I still have to get the last of the Primarchs (Horus), I have the 5 of Dawn of Fire and the 3 of Heresy Carachters. I don't really know what to do because once Primarchs and SoT are finished (where we still have possibly two horrible Saturdays ahead of us) I'm sure they won't slow down. Too much stress and money.

1 hour ago, chevalierdulys said:

yeah we are not even talking about losing money. Print more , sell more. 2500 for the last novels on a mega series written by Dan Abnett? This would sell 4000 without any doubt. I mean you are hurting yourselves.. Imagine that guy or gal that bought all other novels and now this one couldn't?  It 's a disgruntled costumer that will think twice on jumping on board of a new series of SE.

Live and learn...

Yes, just imagine that guy…

4510BA57-F3FE-4C3D-B3A1-2D28ED745046.jpeg

Edited by aa.logan

I am sorry to hear that. I hope you can get it at a reasonable price and not at a price of kidney :\ I got it although

I recently bought Awakenings from a german dude and he was selling at 70€ plus postages. Like he earn 10€. to me that acceptable. For 400 euros it's insane. Btw, nice collection of masspaperback. I have all books in gold. The only one I don't have in masspaperback (because it was a time when they were starting selling in hardcover so I stupidly didn't buy the mass) was angel exterminatus. 

In the 40k universe I have all novels ever released (not counting special editions) minus the second novel on chris wraight space wolves novels, I 'm missing also (because it was never rleases except in hardback - sister Celestine. In Warhammer fantasy I have everything including boxtree novels and sigmar I don't have the Gates of Azir...

Btw nice collection of HH. Do you have more books on your awesome collection?

1 minute ago, Lord Nord said:

"Webstore down for maintenance" in the US now as well, right as I'm trying to check out.

Fire people, GW.

I think that might just be a message if you get timed out. I've had that message before and the next refresh it was back to normal.

Anyone know if there’s a difference between pending and processing on the order history page? DoF says processing, SoT says pending. A little worried they’ll cancel my order since the checkout process was so weird. 

Edited by cheywood

Rather than being a celebration, GW have managed to piss off hundreds if not thousands of their fans with an entirely predictable problem which they have known about for years, and failed to do anything tangible to solve.  

Why this book wasn’t a 5000 LE run, I do not know.  

22 minutes ago, 63-19 said:

So if it says pending there's a chance your order could get canceled? Has anyone had that happen?

I don’t necessarily think there’s anything to worry about. I was a little concerned because my SoT order says ‘pending’ while my DoF order says processing, but if you and I both have the same ‘pending’ status for SoT it’s probably fine.

edit: now both orders say pending, so I was worried about nothing. Sorry if I caused you any panic! Been a stupidly stressful afternoon. I don’t even know why I do this anymore.

Edited by cheywood

15 minutes ago, 63-19 said:

So if it says pending there's a chance your order could get canceled? Has anyone had that happen?

"Pending" is just their label for your order being in the system but not having gone through to actually shipping. Once that occurs, the status changes to "Dispatched".

And yes, it is possible for items in a pending order to get cancelled due to lack of stock; I've had that happen to me before. Unfortunately, that tends to happen fairly late in the order process - eg. for pre-orders, you'll only find out the hard way sometime after things actually start shipping the following week.

I can't shake the feeling that's likely to happen with my order this time around, given how poorly their webstore was performing this morning...

I am sorry to hear that. I hope you can get it at a reasonable price and not at a price of kidney

It’s honestly not the money. I’m mighty fortunate; I could afford one of the buy it now scalpers but I’m finding that I’m not *that* bothered, which is quite a surprise considering how stressed each previous release has made me. I might even wait for the paperback release to read this.

It’s been a while since I’ve posted in the book haul thread; I’ll add some pictures to it later. 

I am sorry to hear that. I hope you can get it at a reasonable price and not at a price of kidney :\

In my case money is not the problem, the problem is that I'm refusing to buy anything from scalpers, i know it will not change much in grand scale of scalping, but i just cant throw money at someone who wont respect the hobby and the community....on the other hand we got GW doing the same :confused:

I mean GW do care about costumers, and their costumer service is awesome, but they don't care if this costumer is an old fan of the hobby, a newcomer who might spend thousands of dollars on the hobby, or a scalper, they will sell the same amount of books they produced ( speaking about LE and now days even some HB).

It is not my place to teach them business, but its seems like they are working on here and now rather long term income\business vision. 

Edited by OpossumStrong