Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

4 minutes ago, Nagashsnee said:

Dawn of fire book still available, wonder if its people learing over the siege LE, its being a Kyme book or just Dawn of Fire being underwhelming. 

Its DoF, never had a problem ordering LEs, i guess people just not into it, they tried to make another HH, in the meaning of "What happened before Dark imperium", but it didn't go so well.

Any way i got the regular HB of SoT and the LE of DoF, and to be honest I'm feeling free now.

Edited by OpossumStrong

That was the most stressful preorder I've ever made. A full 35 minutes to crawl through to checkout and thankfully the site saved my cart when it died. Nerves not helped by wasting time splitting the order since Messinius is on Made to Order for some reason. But the LE Dawn of Fire collection continues and First Founding will be read and enjoyed the day it arrives.

I'm not trusting them until I'm actually holding my books in hand though. 

Is it too early for a whisky?

Edited by Casual Heresy

Missed out on Sanguinius and now this one. So I have limited editions in full on both series up to the last book.

I am officially done with Limited Editions which are not one offs.

Why not sell on a subscription basis or increase the print run on later editions.

Whoever is running Black Library should consider sprucing up their cv as GW are leaving an awful lot of money on the table.

I’m just done with Limited Editions completely at this point. I’ll try and get the last Bequin one to match the two I have but that’s it. I barely care about the book itself at this point, just amazed it went this badly again. They’ve only had like 3 years to come up with a better system. 

Just going to throw this one in again (just check how many copies he has sold already and still how many he has listed):

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=kingsevil&_oac=1&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

If fans are that stupid they pay these prices on the pre-order date.... It only encourages scalpers and botters to do this

They seriously need to learn some lessons from the wider publishing world. In the UK alone, The Folio Society, The Broken Binding, and Illumicrate, all thrive on producing high production value, low print run limited editions and I never see as much disappointment and rage as surrounds a GW LE book release. 

I don’t see why doing them made to order couldn’t work. It would be a very long lead time and might cost us a bit more but I would think a lot of us would pay a little more to guarantee getting the edition we want. 

2 hours ago, Burni said:

Why are they so reluctant to show example pages from first founding? I’m worried it’s 90% art book and only 10% background book. If I wait for reviews, it’ll likely be sold out. 

I went ahead and ordered it, even though its a steep price. I think it will have a nice balance of art and lore actually, precisely because they do mention that in the description, many new art pieces as well as previously seen art, plus lots of lore written by several BL authors.

I managed to get the siege book and then went back in to get iron kingdom. Site crashed but i still have an email saying I got it ok. These are the only BL books I’m buying now so I’m glad I got it. But it’s a terribly unfair system for genuine fans.  Dreading the final book…

Books. Its gonna be 3 books I tell you.

48 minutes ago, theSpirea said:

Just going to throw this one in again (just check how many copies he has sold already and still how many he has listed):

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=kingsevil&_oac=1&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

If fans are that stupid they pay these prices on the pre-order date.... It only encourages scalpers and botters to do this

The big question is, how does he do it.

I got mine but I understand the pain of others, the same pain I have felt when I have not been able to get my hands on a previous one. It's horrible, in my case I'm nervous days before. As Casual Heresy says, The Folio Society is a great example. I don't need an issue in my book, let alone this stress 4 or 5 times a year.

And I have read here that it is likely to be three final volumes and not two. Help me God-Emperor.

3 minutes ago, Crowl said:

I got mine but I understand the pain of others, the same pain I have felt when I have not been able to get my hands on a previous one. It's horrible, in my case I'm nervous days before. As Casual Heresy says, The Folio Society is a great example. I don't need an issue in my book, let alone this stress 4 or 5 times a year.

And I have read here that it is likely to be three final volumes and not two. Help me God-Emperor.

Yeah I hope to complete the SoT collection, but after that I'm never buying anything limited edition from GW again. 

7 minutes ago, Knockagh said:

How does this work? Surely they don’t post multiple books to the same address? I thought it was limited to one purchase per customer?

It’s limited to one per account, rather than address sadly.