New Firstborn Terminators [Rumour]

WARMASTER_

45 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

I’m sorry but I just can’t get behind them looking better, When firstborn are scaled up like with SM heroes they look absolutely great 

The Primaris range also has some HORRIBLE minis - Inceptors, Tactical Warsuits, Invaders and worst of all the Suppressors 

51 minutes ago, lansalt said:

Boxnaughts have always made sense. Their point is being able to enter enclosed spaces where bigger dreads can't fit. For that same reason they should have got a waiver for Boarding Actions (remember the BA dread in Angels of Death).

It would break the game. Watch a batrep and you’ll understand.

1 hour ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Ill take surpressors over centurions any day. Though both units need visual fixing

Assault Centurions look pretty cool with those ridiculous drills taken off. Devastator Centurions... Those would need more work to be saved.

All these criticisms of Centurions and I'm like...

dd0.png.293099b03e1ed8f3d58a6372b69c1829.png

I think new Firstborn is going to be like a license to print money to be fair. New Terminators would sell like cakes which are so hot they burn the dish.

Edited by Captain Idaho

1 hour ago, Captain Idaho said:

All these criticisms of Centurions and I'm like...

dd0.png.293099b03e1ed8f3d58a6372b69c1829.png

I think new Firstborn is going to be like a license to print money to be fair. New Terminators would sell like cakes which are so hot they burn the dish.

Marines sell, news at 11. Terminators are going to sell wether they have the dreaded p-prefix or not

2 minutes ago, Kallas said:

Makes you wonder why they went with a massive divide between Firstborn/Primaris in the first place. Why even divide them so that they can't ride in the others' vehicles? Makes no real sense.

They wanted to sell their new stuff, repulsors and all. I think at this point though, it's not really necessary, they've got the sales they need. Let me drop some intercessors in a rhino or a drop pod.

With the new Horus Heresy vehicles and the existing transports, they're completely missing out on some good sales to have a nice Primaris vehicle upgrade kit. Kratos with a Primaris pintle gunner or tank commander, or on the Spartan for these new Terminators to ride around in.

I wouldn't be surprised if in GWs head a Chaos space marine is an upgrade on the standard space marine, so for the sake of "parity" comes the primaris with his 21 organs and mono loadouts to counter the dreaded chaos space marine with 19 organs marinated in chaos juice.

So now we have the baseline marine in 30k, and the dichotomy of traitor and loyalist in 40k at their most extreme.

8 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

I wouldn't be surprised if in GWs head a Chaos space marine is an upgrade on the standard space marine, so for the sake of "parity" comes the primaris with his 21 organs and mono loadouts to counter the dreaded chaos space marine with 19 organs marinated in chaos juice.

So now we have the baseline marine in 30k, and the dichotomy of traitor and loyalist in 40k at their most extreme.

I think you might be on to something there.

32 minutes ago, The Emperors Champion22 said:

to sell marines to people who already had marines.

I used to think this, but people buy Marines anyway like? You know, we've all bought stuff throughout our hobby careers and build armies on top of armies.

I think GW just miscalculated a little. Primaris did sell well, but we're kidding ourselves if we say new Firstborn "truescale" like Chaos Marines wouldn't be bought up by most hobbyists just as much.

4 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

Hard to say until we see the next Space Marines codex. Chaos Space Marines are definitely an upgrade from the baseline in their new codex, but that could just be due to it being a new codex.

2 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

I used to think this, but people buy Marines anyway like? You know, we've all bought stuff throughout our hobby careers and build armies on top of armies.

I think GW just miscalculated a little. Primaris did sell well, but we're kidding ourselves if we say new Firstborn "truescale" like Chaos Marines wouldn't be bought up by most hobbyists just as much.

Yeah, Space Marine sales for decades basically made Games Workshop. People bought up the newest scale of Space Marine whenever Games Workshop made it.

Primaris feel more like an offshoot of that weird mindset that crept in to companies making sci-fi/fantasy around 2015.

i.e., Bob Executive has to prove how great his ideas are, and the only way to do it is by taking a sledgehammer to whatever people used to like.

23 minutes ago, Triszin said:

I just hope

A.thet are larger and more intimidating

B. They are anatomically proportional, I do not want shoulders sprouting from the ears.

C. Update the design, just don't make it 1for1

If they are primaris, I wouldn't be shocked if they were on 50mm bases:unsure:

17 hours ago, The Emperors Champion22 said:

to sell marines to people who already had marines.

17 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

They wanted to sell their new stuff, repulsors and all. I think at this point though, it's not really necessary, they've got the sales they need. Let me drop some intercessors in a rhino or a drop pod.

Yeah, I know - I was more being facetious, because people will buy new Marines regardless of them being segregated into Primaris or not, hence why bother making it entirely separated in the first place. It's a stupid divide for no good reason, and people not being allowed to use their Intercessors riding in Stormravens, or Tactical Marines in Impulsors is such an arbitrary and stupid decision for purely horrible business reasons that aren't actually grounded in a reality: people buy Marines, Primaris or otherwise, and creating a massive divide in them, in the gameplay and the community by tactily threatening Squatting is just pointless.

There is no good reason for the distinction between the two, and the consistent release of only Primaris, with Firstborn going to Legends, is purely crap business decisions that didn't need to happen at all. This whole thread with Firstborn/Primaris Terminators as the topic shouldn't even need to be a topic, because it should just be new Terminators: the fact that they could be Firstborn, and therefore only semi-compatible with Primaris (or vice versa) is just awful and pointless.

10 minutes ago, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

GW didn’t create a divide… it’s the people who can’t accept Primaris who did. Look back at T3 RTB Marines - things change.

The difference is that you can still field those old minis as exactly the same units they were back then and they can still use the same transports etc. I am quite happy mixing and matching FB and Primaris in the same army but GW did create something of a divide with the use of Transports. Why can Primaris not use Drop Pods, why can my FB not ride in a Repulsor? GW Created Transhuman Physiology in 8th edition for all marines then made it Primaris only in 9th.

I would much rather the distinction was a lore one only and units simply functioned as Marines on the tabletop.