Kill Team: Ashes of Faith (Inquisition vs Chaos Cultists)

12 minutes ago, Colman said:

My local contacted me today to say they had post-launch stock on the way, so there may be some boxes out there. 

That already confused me with the last boxes where that happened… how does that happen?

is it the boxes the scalpers canceled for not selling fast enough, scalper orders canceled by GW or people walking through the warehouse going “oh crap, where do those boxes come from???”

14 minutes ago, excelite said:

That already confused me with the last boxes where that happened… how does that happen?

is it the boxes the scalpers canceled for not selling fast enough, scalper orders canceled by GW or people walking through the warehouse going “oh crap, where do those boxes come from???”

Given the mess that their warehousing is supposedly in (see stock tracking IT issues in their annual reports) it could genuinely be the latter!

For all the folks who got one, I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on the campaign system. I found the territory cards to be pretty well developed compared to previous editions- having both a Mission rule that impacts battles fought at that location and a Persuasion effect that can follow you to ANY territory, provided you are wily enough to win the persuasion bid. Also, there are 15 of them, which is better than the measely 4 special territories that came with 8th's Urban Conquest.

The bidding phase seems fun enough... But it's somewhat disconnected from both the battles and the narrative. The system itself isn't the problem- I actually kinda like it... I just want it to be more integrated into either the battles or the narrative- preferably both.

Territorial control IS a way to win the campaign, but other than that, it doesn't seem to provide any real benefit given what it represents.

The six big territory tiles are neat playing aids, but they don't do anything a notebook and a pen couldn't do- there may have been a more effective way to use that cardboard. If you choose to play more than six games before the big ritual, you'll run out of tiles and have to opt for the notebook solution anyway.

The missions are cool... But you get a session one Mission and then 3 or 4 options for mission 7 with nothing for missions in the middle. Now, in some ways, that's not bad- it allows you to swap in any mission you might like, and if you've got a lot of KT resources you can pick 5 missions that form a story.

That's my basic take on it; I like it, and I think slotting other teams in could work. I also think there's a fair bit of replay value.

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

I swear to god, I was there at 10:55 (9:55 in UK) refreshing, clicking, I bought at the first sight, as quickly as I could

But...

... it seems not even that can guarantee you to buy a GW kit anymore

That's absolutely appalling :facepalm::confused:

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

I swear to god, I was there at 10:55 (9:55 in UK) refreshing, clicking, I bought at the first sight, as quickly as I could

But...

... it seems not even that can guarantee you to buy a GW kit anymore

image.thumb.png.660db1ee0710b13702746f401f717263.png

I'm pissed. I'm VERY pissed.

WOW.  They, literally, dgaf.  Wow.

17 minutes ago, crimsondave said:

WOW.  They, literally, dgaf.  Wow.

To be fair, what is the customer service guy supposed to do? Conjure boxes out of thin air? The stock is all sold out, so he offering a voucher or refund. The customer service rep didn't allocate GW production time, or set up the ordering system, it's not his fault that it's all :cuss:. Low level customer facing reps are not "the company" they are just working stiffs with no say over anything. 

13 minutes ago, Rain said:

To be fair, what is the customer service guy supposed to do? Conjure boxes out of thin air? The stock is all sold out, so he offering a voucher or refund. The customer service rep didn't allocate GW production time, or set up the ordering system, it's not his fault that it's all :cuss:. Low level customer facing reps are not "the company" they are just working stiffs with no say over anything. 

This is worth repeating. The ones to be mad at are several leagues above the person doing customer service. They had no part to play in this except being unlucky enough to have to work while GW are having production issues (issues of their own making because they've given so much of the factory to Leviathan production).

This does need flagging internally though as it means that stock was either allocated in error, or that stock that should be fine has been used for something else.

46 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

This is worth repeating. The ones to be mad at are several leagues above the person doing customer service. They had no part to play in this except being unlucky enough to have to work while GW are having production issues (issues of their own making because they've given so much of the factory to Leviathan production).

This does need flagging internally though as it means that stock was either allocated in error, or that stock that should be fine has been used for something else.

Who said anything about the customer service guy?  It wasn’t me.  They = GW.  I thought that was beyond obvious.  Pronouns strike again.

I must say for anyone else tho that customer service didn't efectively have the blame for this. They've been wonderful thru all the process and very comprehensive with my ESL possible problems.

What I wonder is why tf did they allow me to buy the box (even to the point of confirming shipment and charge me the money) if GW didnt have the box and couldn't send it, making me lose my time (and money) and now I'm late and have lost the better 2nd hand offers for the parts I was interested in.

If buying the box from GW asap, having your shipment confirmed, and actually seeing your money doesn't serve, what the :cuss: must we do to buy GW things?

Good thing is, at least I'll have my refund (still haven't received but I can wait) and I guess I'll be able to use it on The Damned crowdfunding or something else. I guess GW hates selling me their products...

53 minutes ago, crimsondave said:

Who said anything about the customer service guy?  It wasn’t me.  They = GW.  I thought that was beyond obvious.  Pronouns strike again.

I was more speaking generally, agreeing with the sentiment that @Rain put forward.

My box, from the second wave that went to FLGS, I suppose, arrived today. 

Looks good, going to have to work out what options to build in the Inquisition team, which seems designed to induce you to get a second set when the kill team box arrives.

2 minutes ago, Colman said:

My box, from the second wave that went to FLGS, I suppose, arrived today. 

Looks good, going to have to work out what options to build in the Inquisition team, which seems designed to induce you to get a second set when the kill team box arrives.

Capitalism strikes again! 

Just a note, with the Leviathan launch literally just around the corner, GW might turn some of the factory space back over to making reruns of the stuff that got shorted by the Leviathan production.

22 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Just a note, with the Leviathan launch literally just around the corner, GW might turn some of the factory space back over to making reruns of the stuff that got shorted by the Leviathan production.

They're gonna have a whole ton of new kits to pump out though - there's multipart or ETB separate box versions of the leviathan contents, separates of what was in Agastus, and if they follow the normal pattern following a new edition, additional new units for nids (plus some for marines, as always). Plus the usual treadmill churn of new stuff each week.

It's certainly possible they might do a reprint for some killteam boxes like Ashes, they've done that in the past (Cursed City springs to mind), but I imagine the warehouse is going to fill up fast again so it might be a little while, or not happen at all. Supposedly the limiter is ongoing problems at their new warehouse so still having to use the old small one, rather than not enough plastic injection machines which they've recently increased their quantity of again.