Kill Team: Ashes of Faith (Inquisition vs Chaos Cultists)

• Narrative-focused set.
  • 'New way to play Kill Team'
  • No terrain, unlike other Kill Team boxes.
  • Inquisition led by an Interrogator, no actual Inquisitor.
  • 'Ancillary Support' options from other Imperial factions (Exaction Squad, Breachers, Veteran Guardsmen, Karskin, Sisters of Silence, Scions).
  • Chaos Cultists can mutate throughout the game, (Devotee -> Mutant -> Torment)

Another must buy for me (though I'll be selling most of the Chaos part :sweat:); kinda hope this had been released sooner/earlier, it would have been perfect for the Kill Team campaign I'm currently running..! 

I wonder if the Inquisitor Killteam is going to have datasheets for the Ancillaries that don't come from Bespoke teams or if it's just gonna point you to where the team came from and tells you to use those.

1 minute ago, sitnam said:

I'm a little disappointed we don't get an upgrade sprues for the Chaos Cult, those are all very monopose models. Luckily I already have some SoS, Scions and various Chaos Cultists of my own.

If I understand right, this box isn't the official start to a new season?

Nope. New season is in Autumn. This is a separate narrative expansion launching before 10th, apparently.

Agreed about the Chaos Cultists, they seemed prime for an upgrade sprue already. I suspect CSM collectors will be able to pick up the Chaos half of the box for pennies on Ebay though.

Edited by Lord Marshal

Looks like a rather nice box! The Sisters and the Storm troopers in there are really rather nice and I'm seriously considering getting it. 

3 minutes ago, sitnam said:

I'm a little disappointed we don't get an upgrade sprues for the Chaos Cult, those are all very monopose models. Luckily I already have some SoS, Scions and various Chaos Cultists of my own.

There was a teaser for a new season with some sort of Eldar and an "infiltration team". Could be the rumoured Harlequin kill team perhaps/

Edited by BadgersinHills

Just now, Lord Marshal said:

Nope. New season is in Autumn. This is a separate narrative expansion.

Agreed about the Chaos Cultists, they seemed prime for an upgrade sprue already. I suspect CSM collectors will be able to pick up the Chaos half of the box for pennies on Ebay though.

I'm hoping the Ancillaries for the Dark Heresy Party Inquisitorial Agent Killteam doesn't let you bring 6 Marines on top of your actual Killteam and sticks to the Mortals of the Imperium.

2 minutes ago, sitnam said:

Standalone campaign. Probably will release before 10th. And after 10th ed. launches a new season will start that will tie into the broader narrative. Just like Gallowfall did with Arks of Omen, kinda...

1 minute ago, BadgersinHills said:

Looks like a rather nice box! The Sisters and the Storm troopers in there are really rather nice and I'm seriously considering getting it. 

There was a teaser for a new season with some sort of Eldar and an "infiltration team".

Weren't there rumors of a new scout squad vs striking scorpions for killteam?

I like the Inquisitorial agents but interesting to see the return of Sergeant Stone.

stone.thumb.jpg.6fa559bfa317f908e01c7a3a9c68d669.jpg

I think my  favourites are the scribe and the servitor, I'd love to see more models like that.

edit: Just noticed the alternative heavy bolter for the Servitor, that is really useful.

Edited by Doghouse

1 minute ago, BadgersinHills said:

There was a teaser for a new season with some sort of Eldar and an "infiltration team".

We had rumours for Scouts vs Chaos and Aeldari vs Inquisition. Looks like those got swapped.

That said, considering we're colony dropping the Gallowdark into a planet, maybe this is finally where we get Exodites.

4 minutes ago, sitnam said:

Agreed. They could easily have added some stuff to the Cultists, like, oh I don't know, autoguns & special/heavies so you can actually build the alternate loadout in Codex CSM!

Just now, Toxichobbit said:

Agreed. They could easily have added some stuff to the Cultists, like, oh I don't know, autoguns & special/heavies so you can actually build the alternate loadout in Codex CSM!

That Alt. Loadout is the "Cultists of the Abyss" set, which is still available to buy.

1 minute ago, Indy Techwisp said:

That Alt. Loadout is the "Cultists of the Abyss" set, which is still available to buy.

And for the other 2 models to make a legal unit? Other people are welcome to accept GW selling repurposed unit boxes that are below minimum size, have zero options and single pose models as an "alternative". For me, it's not good enough.

8 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

We had rumours for Scouts vs Chaos and Aeldari vs Inquisition. Looks like those got swapped.

That said, considering we're colony dropping the Gallowdark into a planet, maybe this is finally where we get Exodites.

I'd always heard rumors of scouts vs Striking Scorpions for a while now, hadn't heard of anyone having it backwards until recently.