Kill Team: Ashes of Faith (Inquisition vs Chaos Cultists)

10 hours ago, crimsondave said:

Does GW not believe in capital investment?  This has been an issue for years.  I mean, contract some work out to China if you have to.  They are leaving money on the table every Saturday it seems.

As far as I can see, it appears that GW dont actually care because they currently sell just about everything they produce, and there will never be a combined effort from customers to prevent this sadly.  It does lack long term perspective as many customers will leave the brand for elsewhere and other pursuits and it will come back to haunt them, however like many companies these days, they focus only on the short term.

On a plus note, Ill maybe pick up the inquisition team when its a solo release, and otherwise concentrate on painting up my bolt action stuff, or the aeldari stuff that I have had sitting for some time.  

Any tricks to detect the preview once it gets posted on the webstore? Gonna be at 9:55 refreshing and trying to get it, but I want to enter the article once it gets posted (I don't really think this will last even more than one minute)

6 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Any tricks to detect the preview once it gets posted on the webstore? Gonna be at 9:55 refreshing and trying to get it, but I want to enter the article once it gets posted (I don't really think this will last even more than one minute)

The trick is just to search the product name (Ashes of Faith) into the search bar and keep F5'ing the page from 9:54 until eventually it'll appear, then click it into your shopping card as normal. That's how I snagged Pale King and Gallowfall anyway.

If it's a popular enough release to crash the site like Siege of Terra or Lion Guard though, even that's just pure luck (although I doubt this will be one such case).

Edited by Lord Marshal

9 hours ago, Muck1ng said:

Got my box now so that's a panic over

Can i ask where you got it? The register of interest i was attached has said i won't get one. Even though i joined the register 20 minutes after it went live... GW must be giving the 3rd party sellers absolutely nothing these days.

Campaign system looks meaty. It seems to need a bit more connection between battle and campaign actions; the battle determines the amount of cards you get in order to bid for territory, but I'd like to see the choices Persuade/ Control/ Investigate have some impact on the battle or somehow be influenced by the battle.

These rules may exist of course... You can't give away every little detail in a preview. But either way, what they showed us today has me intrigued. 

It's interesting that if campaign mechanics are somewhat disconnected to the battles, a clever gaming group might be able to make the campaign rules support small scale 40k Crusade games just as well as they support KT.

14 hours ago, Onyx Warpainter said:

Can i ask where you got it? The register of interest i was attached has said i won't get one. Even though i joined the register 20 minutes after it went live... GW must be giving the 3rd party sellers absolutely nothing these days.

My store managed to get one, they've already got it in stock ready too..  

4 hours ago, Rusted Boltgun said:

In my basket at 09:55 but unable to checkout. Message to say one of the items was out of stock at 09:58.

Same here. And literally everywhere else is also out of stock AND it's already on eBay for £200. This is ridiculous, GW need to get their :cuss: together and make more of these boxes. OR maybe stick to the up for pre order at 10am rule

Edited by Firedrake Cordova
Swear filter dodge

I emailed and put an pre order at my local FLGS the day after the announcement of the box at WH Fest. Hopefully I´ll get my grubby mitts on it next saturday.

For me, its not the minis  that I want eventhough they are cool. Its more the campaign system. The minis will be available separately later anyway, its the cards and campaign books that will be in this box only going by previous GW releases.

2 minutes ago, Toxichobbit said:

I'm so glad I didn't care about this release. Heartfelt commiserations to anybody who did care, but couldn't get one. The absolute state of GW's releases nowadays. It's pathetic.

It's quite probable that things will coincidentally go back to last year levels of stock round about...September I reckon. By that point they won't have had most of the machinery making Leviathan (which is what's been happening since beginning of the year as you can almost plot a graph to the state of releases that were sold out in seconds).

1 minute ago, ZeroWolf said:

It's quite probable that things will coincidentally go back to last year levels of stock round about...September I reckon. By that point they won't have had most of the machinery making Leviathan (which is what's been happening since beginning of the year as you can almost plot a graph to the state of releases that were sold out in seconds).

I'm hoping so too. I'm also hoping that it's a one off and we don't see this kerfuffle repeated for the release of The Old World, AoS 4.0 & Epic HH. Of course, it wouldn't be an issue at all if they would stop with the FOMO releases and have things available for a little bit longer. Even if it was just a guaranteed copy if you ordered on the pre-order and/or release weekend.

Seeing as some of the ebay sellers are using photos from the boxes themselves it seems like some not so friendly local gamestores are making a quick buck on scarcity of GW items.

Edit Also: 50+ boxes on ebay, that's about twice the total alotment of my country :cry: 

Edited by matcap86

Ok my usual store was limited to 2 and I was lucky to get one. I also hedged my bets at another local store and ended getting one from them also but not at discount. I’ll wait til I have them in hand to be sure but if anyone wants one and is UK based please DM me. I’d only ask the rrp plus any shipping. 

Edited by jimbo1701

20 minutes ago, tzeentch9 said:

If people didn’t keep buying from eBay scalpers, then they wouldn’t stay in business, and there wouldn’t be such a problem 

It's a very nice thought and I agree but will never happen because it's more complicated than that. Right now these scalpers are the only ones with stock so there is no other option with these sets which seem to be one and done. I've seen people say from the Q&A at WarhammerFest it seems like GW just don't see a problem with it and scalpers are making a ton of money off these limited runs so are laughing all the way. GW make money, scalpers make money so no one cares.

I think the key is for GW to resolve their stock issues and do away with this FOMO approach.

31 minutes ago, Doghouse said:

It's a very nice thought and I agree but will never happen because it's more complicated than that. Right now these scalpers are the only ones with stock so there is no other option with these sets which seem to be one and done. I've seen people say from the Q&A at WarhammerFest it seems like GW just don't see a problem with it and scalpers are making a ton of money off these limited runs so are laughing all the way. GW make money, scalpers make money so no one cares.

I think the key is for GW to resolve their stock issues and do away with this FOMO approach.

it isn't complicated at all. Just don't buy from scalpers, 90% of the time the models themselves will be released stand-alone, by buying from them you are part of the problem if you cannot control yourself (not you personally, people in general).

Scalpers of course are only half the problem, the other is how GW approach their releases. After probing and "training" the consumer they have found a sweat spot where they sell everything they make instantly which from a business perspective is insane and good for them. They will not change this system if it works and I believe that even after 10th drops we will still face the same type of fomo releases and slow small increment prices rises both per new release and upping by a small % the price of existing kits yearly.

I really hope I am wrong but I really doubt we will see GW becoming more consumer friendly in the next 2-3 years, they have a lot of releases that will suck in even more big spenders like Old World , possibly Battlefleet Gothic Standalone game and Epic Warhammer so the money flow will only go up thus no need for change.

I don't have a FLGS :cry:

One of the independents who have an online presence had it up for £130. I considered it, got distracted by real life and that went too.

I do wonder if the scalpers will be bitten by this release. It really isn't worth the £200 I have seen it out up for on eBay.

EDIT: 184 eBay listings in the UK!

Edited by Rusted Boltgun

Hooray for the disappointment factory (Warhammer Community), that's over £300 they have saved me now by being unwilling to sell me things that looked cool. At this point besides Leviathan I think my interest in GW's new releases and marketing is done, I certainly won't be bothering looking at future Kill team sets anymore. Why bother spending time looking at rumours and releases and preview posts if they won't sell me the product?

My FLGS has apparently secured me a copy although he sounded a bit skeptical they were actually going to fulfil. Will report back next week if it actually arrives. Commiserations for the many who missed out. Not great for the hobby.