10th Edition Warhammer Faction Focus: Adepta Sororitas

WAR

Pretty excited about this; nervous, but excited. Good or bad, I'll be glad to know, rather than deal with the anxiety of not knowing. And who knows, I might love what I see. If the Army/Faction special rule for Guard can be a full set of Orders, there's not reason that AoF can't be a full set of specific Faith Powers like it was in the Witch Hunter dex... And if that happens, it's going to be awesome, even if I only like three of the 5-6 powers available.

I'm very curious about the detachment, since it's taking the place of subfaction identity. I'm curious to see if it is Implicitly or Explicitly linked to a subfaction, or whether it seems more subfaction agnostic.

Finally, curious about what we get for psychic mitigation now that Deny the Witch is gone.

So far the detachments seem fairly subfaction agnostic, but we really don’t know what divergent detachments will be like until Tyranids and Space Marines get their books.

I suspect Acts of Faith might be the army rule as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a system where every unit has their own unique Act of Faith. It could also be a list similar to the Orders system.

Seeing as every previews seems to want to showcase a factions big gun, I bet the Excorcist will get the spotlight this time around. I’d love to see what Paragons do, as they are my favorite models in the army 

Cherubs will be a great way to get rid of low rolls of Miracle Die.  Shoot with a Battle Sister Squad, replace a missed shot with a low, presumably also missing Act of Faith, sacrifice the Cherub, roll a new Miracle Die for a hopefully better roll for when you really need it.

Edit:  ok can’t replace a missed shot, but you can just replace a bolter shot with let’s say a “1” and try to get a better result.

Edited by CCE1981

1 minute ago, CCE1981 said:

Cherubs will be a great way to get rid of low rolls of Miracle Die.  Shoot with a Battle Sister Squad, replace a missed shot with a low, presumably also missing Act of Faith, sacrifice the Cherub, roll a new Miracle Die for a hopefully better roll for when you really need it.

You do not replace a rolled dice with a Miracle Die, you take the Miracle instead of rolling.

It's a little underwhelming in terms of surprises, but only in the sense they're staying quite close to how Sisters worked before. There's a balancing act with getting units below half strength for the extra effects. I also like getting miracle dice for taking objectives - overall I think they'll be really fun to play

Very interesting to see that weapons have different profiles depending on the unit that wields them. The Boltgun is Rapid Fire 1 for Sororitas, but it was a 2 shot weapon at full range for the Heretic Astartes.

We were told this would happen, and now we see it in practice. Whilst this is good for making units feel unique, and to help balance the game, it does mean that it will be harder to know or remember what the various weapons and wargear options do, even when they are shared across armies.

I'm liking what I'm seeing. you start kinda low in Miracle dice, but they quickly ramp up as you take objectives and casualties. 

Interesting that the Triumph is a Leader unit, so it can be attached to another unit. 

I'm also liking that Exorcist will be able to take out tanks still. 

7 minutes ago, Metzombie said:

You do not replace a rolled dice with a Miracle Die, you take the Miracle instead of rolling.

Yeah, I re-read it and fixed it.  That said you can still choose to miss an unimportant shot to replace the Miracle die with hopefully a better rolled one.

I wonder if you can choose to use a Miracle Die on a [Torrent] Weapon, let’s say a “1” it automatically hits, so the roll doesn’t matter, sacrifice the Cherub, and hopefully roll a better result.  Hopefully the re-roll rules address this.

Ok so Exorcists lost 12" range but are indirect.....:huh:

Acts of Faith/ Miracle Dice seem more streamlined and less confusing. 

Detachment rule is Very OoOML

Triumph is not bad. May consider getting one now. 

Stratagem shoot after being shoot...ok  

Is the Battle Sisters Squad the first that we have seen that isn't build what's in the box? (No Multi Melta for those that don't known.)

Plus the Plasma Pistol and Combi Weapons are not mentioned.

15 minutes ago, Handsome Fred said:

40k SoBFactionFocus May10 Boxout3

This is one of strongest buff I seen for now.

You could have a whole army that hit a 2+.

Who needs a hit reroll?

The thing with these buffs is that whilst they are very good, it also needs units to take a hit in it's damage output. It'll definitely keep them hitting harder for longer for sure!

30 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Though if Ld is now rolling over the Ld stat, are 1's and 2's on miracle dice just pointless? They used to be ok to save units. 

That is the thing that make "1" a pasable result in 9th edition: you can use as a result for Ld test.

Now all "1" will be useless. I one particular game, maybe you can´t use a 20% of your mirecle dice if you are unlucky

Something similiar is the TSE of 6+ in a units that have a TSA of 3+. How many weapons have a FP of -4 or better?, and in this edition are reducing the FP on some weapons.

Edited by sandrorect

21 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Though if Ld is now rolling over the Ld stat, are 1's and 2's on miracle dice just pointless? They used to be ok to save units. 

Looks that way. Can't see a positive to rolling low on them anymore, but I think that's ok. Seems to be plenty of ways to generate dice so that should mitigate the risk/reward. 

INDIRECT FIRE keeping the -1 to hit and treating the target as in cover is good. Although in the case of the Exorcist, the Heavy rule will offset that if it doesn't move so not too punishing? Indirect stuff seems to have been a bane of 9th from what I've read (not a tournament player so not sure how bad it's been) so interested to hear how this version will compare given what we've seen so far.

23 minutes ago, CCE1981 said:

Yeah, I re-read it and fixed it.  That said you can still choose to miss an unimportant shot to replace the Miracle die with hopefully a better rolled one.

I wonder if you can choose to use a Miracle Die on a [Torrent] Weapon, let’s say a “1” it automatically hits, so the roll doesn’t matter, sacrifice the Cherub, and hopefully roll a better result.  Hopefully the re-roll rules address this.

Auto-hitting weapons do not roll a hit die. Same reason auto-wounding mechanics bypass Transhuman.

No dice roll, it just happens.

2 minutes ago, sandrorect said:

That is the thing that make "1" a pasable result in 9th edition: you can use as a result for Ld test.

Now all "1" will be useless. I one particular game, maybe you can use a 20% of your mirecle dice if you are unlucky

Something similiar is the TSE of 6+ in a units that have a TSA of 3+. How many weapons have a FP of -4 or better?, and in this edition are reducing the FP on some weapons.

There would very possibly exist mechanics about consuming miracle dices to exchange other resources. 

2 minutes ago, sandrorect said:

Now all "1" will be useless. I one particular game, maybe you can use a 20% of your mirecle dice if you are unlucky

Not useless, but less useful for sure. Maybe use those ones on random damage rolls where more than a one is overkill? Save those random dice rolls of six for other more important things?