10th Edition Warhammer Faction Focus: Adepta Sororitas

WAR

15 minutes ago, ThePenitentOne said:

Uhhm... No.

Could the old Triumph attach a unit of twenty sisters for ablative wounds AND a Hospitaller to rez those sisters as they fall in order to become literally immortal?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the old Triumph had too many wounds to benefit from obscuring terrain.

Old triumph had look out sir.

Edited by Tokugawa

Also we don't know if Hospitallers will be able to revive fallen sisters.  It might just be a FNP or give a bonus to it.  Currently she needs a strat to revive and I don't see that strat sticking around.

At best, I think she'll give a 6+ FNP to her attached unit.  Maybe revive a single model in command phase.

Both fair points- I had forgotten about Look Out Sir! and I seem to have been remembering a strat as a datacard ability. 

But holy Emperor, if doms can still stack storm bolters, hiding the Triumph out of LOS and moving an MSU SB Dom unit into a firing position while keeping them in aura range to get an extra attack on their SBs for 12/24 D2 shots. Keep the MD auto 6 up for when they are inevitably gunned down in your opponent's turn.

Do the same with a couple MSU BSS early in the game to frontload 6's in the MD pool.

Now look, I know blobs are frowned upon and maligned, but if you think about the Triumph and what it represents I think that now that subfaction doesn't mean anything, 6 MSU BSS, one from each Order with 3 on each flank and attach a 10 strong OoOML Sacressant unit with five in the lead and five on rear guard is just a beautiful diorama, and it's deadly :cuss:. I mean I'd experiment with just marching that sucker up the field.

If you can get a shot on enough small units that the mass has a good enough chance to wipe out a unit or two after a simple move, then use the two powers above on T1; if not, maybe swap out the RF buff for the FNP and advance.

On their turn, if your opponent wipes out your MSU's those MDs are 6s. If they don't, they need to throw a lot at the Triumph + Sacressant FNP unit. If they succeed, the gambit fails, but if they don't take out the Triumph, you can switch back to RF bonus and take a regular move. A couple Seraphim MSU in reserve and a few Zephyrim in reserve give you options for landing within the aura once the MD pool is fat and you're close enough to the enemy to make it count.

Lots of fun experiments. 

10 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

Could the old Triumph attach a unit of twenty sisters for ablative wounds AND a Hospitaller to rez those sisters as they fall in order to become literally immortal?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the old Triumph had too many wounds to benefit from obscuring terrain.

If its had a decent points cut, then I would be agreeing with you:yes: