10th Edition Warhammer Faction Focus: Adepta Sororitas

WAR

The big change is a large uptick in miracle dice generation and refund opportunities.  Also, it's now allowed for each unit to use a single miracle dice per phase.  That's a big jump compared to only allowing a single miracle dice to be used per phase in total.  It seems like their want miracle dice to be a more central gimmick of the army.  Downside is that with the changes to battleshock...a roll of a 1 on a miracle dice has zero use in 10th.  I suspect characters like the dogmata will have an expanded roll in modifying dice for that reason.

Exorcist got a slightly more even shot output on the Krak missiles and didn't lose a pip of AP like most weapons are seeming to this edition (though the antipersonell missiles did lose their AP).   Indirect fire is back to a built in feature instead of a strat which is nice.  Hopefully it gets a big bump in toughness and reasonable points cost.  Article mentioned the Castigators becoming tougher but showed no profile.  Hopefully both the exorcist and Castigator are now tougher than Rhino profiles.

The detatchment bonus is decent.  Giving +1 to hit for being wounded and +1 to wound for being below half strength gives sisters a good mechanic to become more dangerous as their units get damaged.

25 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

Sisters anti tank looks appallingly bad:sad:

The humble MM, no longer one of the best anti vehicle weapons, its been relegated to wounding rhinos on 4s:laugh:

3s if you’re at half strength or below. And there is miracle dice for wounding. I don’t think sisters need to worry

53 minutes ago, Dark Shepherd said:

The one situation I can think of youd want low rolls for is Deadly Demise, but thats excluded

Maybe use low rolls to fail some armour saves and start getting bonuses? Plays into the martyrdom theme anyways.

2 hours ago, Bonzi said:

The big change is a large uptick in miracle dice generation and refund opportunities.  Also, it's now allowed for each unit to use a single miracle dice per phase.  That's a big jump compared to only allowing a single miracle dice to be used per phase in total.  It seems like their want miracle dice to be a more central gimmick of the army.  Downside is that with the changes to battleshock...a roll of a 1 on a miracle dice has zero use in 10th.  I suspect characters like the dogmata will have an expanded roll in modifying dice for that reason.

Thought I would pop this in here too, but you could use a bad miracle dice to auto fail a save and start getting bonuses perhaps?

Some of these previews have gotten me speculating on which 5 or 6 stratagems the Sisters will be keeping, or if some might be entirely new. Like the Space Marines the Sisters will probably have more than just the one Our Martyred Lady style of play when they publish the rules when the new edition drops.

10 hours ago, Subtleknife said:

I still don't think that means they should be more accurate than a genetically engineered post human. It is janky and not fluffy imo. I don't like plus 1 to wound or hit in general imo. It wouldn't be so bad if GW used a more granular system but on a D6 system it isn't a good look for me.

Maybe if the Transhumans had more faith it'd be different.

9 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

Simulacra no longer allow a unit to use an additional AoF per phase, which sucks. We didn't need another tool to GENERATE MD, we need tools to let us USE MD. And we lost that in the simulacra. Poor decision making on GW's part.

Not as bad as what I had been prepared for mind you, but it was certainly my biggest disappointment in this preview.

image.png.6e0788b298f90e7a7be947266fd1b449.png

Each unit from your army can do a single AoF per phase. How many more do we need exactly?

11 hours ago, BitsHammer said:

Uh, have you not seen how Order of Our Martyered Lady works right now? Being inspired by martyrs and hitting better is a thing they do now. They just traded out extra Miracle Dice for the ability to wound better as the unit gets more wounded.

20 minutes ago, BitsHammer said:

That's not new.

Noticed this a bunch too the other day for the Volcano Cannon, not just here. People who have no clue about how things already are weighing in to complain about things staying the same.

The strat they need to keep is Moment of Grace. After a roll to hit, to wound or to save, you can discard up to 2 MD which each confer a +1 to the roll, regardless of the value of the MD. It's a get mechanic to deal with ones. The problem is that this is a strat that ALL detachments require, and strats are determined by detachment.

Maybe they keep the ability, but make it a unit ability for a Leader or an Aura ability. 

1 hour ago, spessmarine said:

Noticed this a bunch too the other day for the Volcano Cannon, not just here. People who have no clue about how things already are weighing in to complain about things staying the same.

I know what the rules were, my point is that it shouldn't be the case. Sisters shouldn't have better Storm Bolters than Terminators, especially the Captain. 

Edited by Bradeh

18 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

What's the deal with it anyway? I'm not super familiar with Sisters lore, why's it so much beefier than regular stormbolters?

Says it right in the name, it's master-crafted, just like how marines get +1D on their master crafted weapons.

Wow, okay bad brain!

Somehow I forgot that the 9th ed. rule was that only one unit could do an AoF per phase unless they had a simulacrum.

So yeah, new AoF WAY better, and though I'd still love for a single unit to be able to use two MD every now and again, the MD generation probably is the better bargain now because of the issue with ones.

1 hour ago, Urauloth said:

What's the deal with it anyway? I'm not super familiar with Sisters lore, why's it so much beefier than regular stormbolters?

It's Artificer crafted. Basically it's like a Master-crafted Stormbolter would be for the Marines: the best example of that gun you can find.

1 hour ago, Bradeh said:

I know what the rules were, my point is that it shouldn't be the case. Sisters shouldn't have better Storm Bolters than Terminators, especially the Captain. 

Then he should be using a Master-Crafted Stormbolter. Captains have a Master-Crafted Bolter option (d2 and all), seems they trade that for more shots though.

Gotta say, big gulf in rules complexity for SoBs from 9th -> 10th (good thing!)

Also, guess this also confirms that detachments is where subfactions will continue to exist, provided you have subfactions of significance? So things like first founding chapters and probably Farsight Enclaves. Wonder how many detachments to a codex.

DA/BA/etc overwrite OoM with their faction ability. Their detachments will be interesting, DA ones are easier to guess, one per Wing. But now I am getting off-topic.