Faction Focus: Adeptus Mechanicus

Joe

1 hour ago, Dr. Clock said:

Wow... So AdMech is Guard with better guns, I guess?

Almost in fact, main stat line is the same a Guards, only distinctive feature is the Inv. Save. But all saves went downand are aligned.

From a general point of view this is the most disapointing preview so far - not because of the changes introduced, but because of what can be exploited from the info shared. We can barely "extrapolate" about the global working way of the revised army, one of which could be anticipated as being deeply affected by te 10th Ed game reboot philosophy.

Admech was heavily relying on auras and buffing charaters, it seems that this will remaing but with some radical changes on how it applies now:

- Auras will unlock inner characteristics from the unit and the unlocking will be "beaconed" from a Battle line unit - not too bad, but a little bit too close of the  Synapse mechanism to my taste 

- Characters roles are probably not be so deeply revised and changed- "tactical skills of the Tech-Priests improve Battleline units in close proximity"  

- I wonder how all of this will affect the Marshall...

Faction Rule is OK and not misaligned with all that we saw so far.

Detachment Rule is ... Rad. Easy joke, I know. Well, I really wonder from where this is coming as it is a little bit disruptive vs. AdMech previous codices. Looks like a little bit otT

My global feeling is that Glass Canon Reputation is going to be even more true now than before and that the army will only work well in case of 1 skitarii + one other unit. 

This makes me really impatient seeing the back of Skitarii Vanguard and Ranger datasheet as it will be an even more important factor for Army design.

¿Would it favours MSU at all cost? ¿Will it put underground 20 strong skitarii units (if maintained which me might doubt...)? 

Except Robots that will probably stay Mavericks from Auras and buffing point of view. 

BTW, is the illustration new?

40k AdMechFactionFocus May15 Masthead

I guess they didn't want a situation again where Skitarii are a few more pts then Guard but have better BS, Sv and weapons.

The BS nerf didn't surprise me, but the loss of Sv sure did.

Summing up all the underwhelming pistols into a single underwhelming pistol is a bold move. Same with the melee weapons.

Very curios what the heavy arc rifle will do to vehicles, but it will probably be some Bs5+ single shot thing that does 2 D.

Do wonder what this means for the galvanic rifles. Back to rapid-fire, or maybe 2 A 24"?

Also, we know that Meks can repair and boost vehicles, but Cawl lost his repair move. Possibly only the Engine-seer kept it?

5 minutes ago, Madao said:

Hmm. This detachment rule is even more pointless against necrons - they heal up D3 wounds in their command phase, so if they are going first, then they can just accept the damage (and have some repositioning available on warriors T1)

I don’t remember clearly but don’t mortals cancel the ability to return with Necrons?

3 minutes ago, brother_b said:

I don’t remember clearly but don’t mortals cancel the ability to return with Necrons?

Now they just passively regenerate some wounds or models in the command phase, so mortals don't matter. Article for them is here.

So if they go first, they take the damage at the beginning of the battle round, and then can immediately regenerate it in their command phase with reanimation protocols.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

3 minutes ago, brother_b said:

Don’t think so. The Necron ability isn’t a save of FNP roll, it just adds back models to an under-strength unit. There’s no accounting of how those models were lost.

Edit: Beaten to it :tongue:

Edited by Rain

I think I would always take the battleshock, as it does nothing? Unless there are additional penalties when battleshocked, that we haven’t seen yet, there seems to be no real drawback to takin to that option over the mortal wounds

5 minutes ago, tzeentch9 said:

I think I would always take the battleshock, as it does nothing? Unless there are additional penalties when battleshocked, that we haven’t seen yet, there seems to be no real drawback to takin to that option over the mortal wounds

If you're battleshocked, you cannot hold objectives and you can't use strategems on them. So if you don't intend to do either of those things with that unit, then yeah, you can just be battleshocked I guess without it doing too much.

9 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

If you're battleshocked, you cannot hold objectives and you can't use strategems on them. So if you don't intend to do either of those things with that unit, then yeah, you can just be battleshocked I guess without it doing too much.

I know it takes your OC stat to 0 but they said that prevents you from having an objective? It's so hard to follow between all the articles haha.

8 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Turn one, neither of those is likely to be making much of a difference. You lose some defensive capability, but considering how many less strats there are, it seems a lot better than eating mortal wounds all over the place

54 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I know it takes your OC stat to 0 but they said that prevents you from having an objective? It's so hard to follow between all the articles haha.

They did imply somewhere that you need an OC score above zero to actually claim objectives but I can't remember where. 

1 minute ago, tinpact said:

I'm interested in seeing what Battleshock actually does, because D3 MW on everything in your DZ could be brutal for stuff like Aeldari.

Objective Control drops to zero and the unit cannot be buffed by a stratagem

2 hours ago, MagicHat said:

Very curios what the heavy arc rifle will do to vehicles, but it will probably be some Bs5+ single shot thing that does 2 D.

I would still be surprised if Kataphrons drop to BS5+ naturally, but obviously it could happen. At any rate, maybe it'll wind up as 2 shots at 2Dmg?

2 hours ago, MagicHat said:

Do wonder what this means for the galvanic rifles. Back to rapid-fire, or maybe 2 A 24"?

Guessing a 30" 2A S4 AP0 baseline to match the caliver and arc rifle. Still longer range than a Sister but not as accurate before buffs apply seems fine at point of index tbh.

If this save reduction means eldar guardians, corsairs or kabalites lose their 4+ as well, I will has a sad. To me eldar armour should be basically just better than Imperial... and making them match Votann armour tech but retaining T3 seems pretty much correct.

As a votann player also, this does kinda make up for losing void armour... and means Scions / Kasrkin both come out looking very fine with a 4+, assuming they even keep it(?)

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

2 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

I would have preferred if they had done away with mortal wounds all together:yes:

Motal wounds are a perfect sistem for these wounds outside of normal shoot or combat phases: like this detachment rule, vehicule explosions or bombardements form planes in move phase. You do the wounds directly and done.

The problem was the abuse of this rule on weapons or phisyc phase.