Space Marine - The Board Game (US Exclusive @ Launch)

3 minutes ago, Shovellovin said:

Shame the model doesn't have a similar pose to the artwork above. Perhaps a different angle of the model will do it justice? That pose doesn't seem natural.

Also, shouldn't the chainsword be chained to his wrist? Not the bolt pistol.

He does look rather awkward. I think it could be improved if Titus's head was turned further to his right like it is in the other picture.

Overall a bit of a miss for me. Seems a shame you only get one marine in the board game, I know Titus is the hero and all but we often see him with two other marines.

Edited by CL_Mission

6 minutes ago, Shovellovin said:

Shame the model doesn't have a similar pose to the artwork above. Perhaps a different angle of the model will do it justice? That pose doesn't seem natural.

Also, shouldn't the chainsword be chained to his wrist? Not the bolt pistol.

Agreed. And from the angle shown in the picture, it almost looks like the Marine is losing his balance. Wobbly Model Syndrome but enshrined in the model itself.

Edited by Large and Moving Torb

Lieutenant Titus, 20 Termagants, and two Ripper Swarms. Good way of making him more expensive to get. 

This game will initially be sold exclusively in Target stores in the United States of America, though a similar set will be coming to other territories at a later date. Lieutenant Titus himself will also be released separately in the future, so every Space Marine fan can add this iconic hero to their collection.

From a UK company, that is a bit lame. 

Edited by Bradeh

It feels like he's leaning just a little too far backwards and is gonna topple over.  If he was angled slightly differently I'd like it more, but I don't hate it.

I do hate the sculpted U in the knee, otherwise this would be an easy BA conversion.

In the main pic of the model, he just looks drunk... wobble flail wobble.

As mentioned hopeful the it's just a rubbish angle

6 minutes ago, DarkChaplain said:

US Exclusive? For feth's sake, they don't want my money.

I think we saw that in the US the old Space Marine adventures games were exclusive to Barnes and Noble, rest of the world had their own availability options I think

9 minutes ago, DarkChaplain said:

US Exclusive? For feth's sake, they don't want my money.

Very disappointing. But also that's a fairly poor model. So.....I'll get over it on this occasion.

1 minute ago, sairence said:

He looks like he's mid-landing, which I think is hard capture in a static mini. Maybe some jetplumes coming out of the jump pack would help 

He doesn't have a jump pack though. It's just a poor pose to be honest.

Hmm my quest to get as many Ultramarine characters I can has backfired on this occasion I see. I was hoping that any titus model would have been using the jump pack, for something different. Ah well, don't have to worry about getting  it till they bother with a UK release.

The head and face is really good but the rest ver meh. I’ll try and get the head and make my own mini

It feels like half the designers seem to understand marines should have some weight to them and the other half don’t

22 minutes ago, Bradeh said:

GW seem to really hit or miss with the poses last couple of years, this Castus model for example is much better than Titus imo, it's a shame because people have been waiting for this model forever. 

1.jpg.0d52901c6db36bf9c3fd18ca2e8be3bb.jpg

Years? Try decades.