Space Marine - The Board Game (US Exclusive @ Launch)

9 hours ago, crimsondave said:

The timing with Target could not be any worse.  Not GW’s fault but that is some epic bad luck/timing.

What's the recent thing with Target that I seem to have missed? Non-US here.

29 minutes ago, Kastor Krieg said:

What's the recent thing with Target that I seem to have missed? Non-US here.

Have a quick Google and you should be able to find it pretty quick. The how's and why's are outside of the remit of the site, after all :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, beefeb said:

I wouldnt worry about it, there will only be enough made for the scalpers and the social media influencers to get a box, so you wont be able to get it anyway!

:no:

To note It's also only US exclusive "at launch" (not sure why they'd do that, unless it's a stipulation with Target?), and available in other territories in the vague time of "at a later date".*

Titus will also be released separately in the future as well. I'm sure there's a joke to be made in there somewhere about him being 'DLC' in the future... :tongue:

Original extract from the page:

This game will initially be sold exclusively in Target stores in the United States of America, though a similar set will be coming to other territories at a later date. Lieutenant Titus himself will also be released separately in the future, so every Space Marine fan can add this iconic hero to their collection.

* - At a later date, or if it's not sucessful, then quietly dropped. 

I wonder if anyone is going to be posting on twitter/insta...."Im proud to say I was one of the team that brought you..."  ?

I never did see anyone post that about the notdevastator primaris marines...cant think of any other....so maybe this will be the second unclaimed release sculpt??

37 minutes ago, phoenix01 said:

Right now, he reminds me of the old "skipping" Khorne Berserker sculpt. 

Yes! Very much so.

It may be that a lot of the issues with the pose could be the upward angle of the photo and/or it could be fixed by leaning the model forward more (adjusting the tactical rock)

As for it being available later.... I'd much rather they release worldwide the remaining space marine heroes models from the expansion and paint sets that we not available everywhere.

I do think the pose is odd. Good thing i dont have FOMO. This is going to be a pass for me. And that all the target stores in my area have closed down a long time ago. Haha. :laugh:

I agree they should have made it a 3 man squad like Doomsday countdown boardgame. 

i guess this item is geared to those who play the video game series as it should be a light type of boardgame (easy to learn and play) and a gateway game into the WH40k 10th ed.

1 minute ago, JeffJedi said:

Honestly, if you played the first game you'd  know he bodily throws himself into the enemy.   So the pose works for me.

Yeah, Titus very much used his own mass as a weapon in melee. Most of SM1's charges was him shoulder-checking/charge-punching the unfortunate thing on the receiving end.

Exclusively aside,this is terrible quality for something aimed at Joe Public. My non warhammer friends reacted positively to Titus with the jump pack + power sword/ thunder hammer in the trailers. The pose may work in that instance, base needs some terrain destruction to emphasise his weight landing. We know it's not going to be cheap either, so it's got nothing really going for it. 

On 5/25/2023 at 11:56 PM, AGRAMAR said:

It's not necessary. Nid players focus, usually, in other miniatures of the range. As gaunts are the most basic troop, are produced in great numbers and unless they give in 10th ed a reeaallyy good rules and balance between cost and effectiveness, GW is going to try to rid them out fast, because they don't sell them in the numbers they like.

So, they decided putting a miniature as Titus(Primaris), alone, who is going to be sell separately worldwide  months after the release if this box...well, the maneuver is clear, at least, to me.

They need to made them, but people prefers to buy other units/boxes. Stock in warehouses collecting dust...not good. So you have to find a way to sell them and not only not lose money but also earn more. Add an "exclusive" miniature and...Voila! This box helps to rid them out.

This is not the first time this has happened, and it won't be the last time, trust me.

And by the number of miniatures is an entire box of gaunts, ready to selling thanks poor Titus... Case solved!

GW never made this kind of things by chance.

The gaunts is this games will have been produced specifically for this game. they don't just make up a load of sprues and then store them while they decide what they should put them in. 

if stock isn't selling and taking up space it would be destroyed, its not worth the cost to go through repackaging. 

12 hours ago, Frogian said:

The gaunts is this games will have been produced specifically for this game. they don't just make up a load of sprues and then store them while they decide what they should put them in. 

if stock isn't selling and taking up space it would be destroyed, its not worth the cost to go through repackaging. 

... Wat. The ones shown in the pictures are the same ones from Leviathan

36 minutes ago, Gederas said:

Basically another machine is duplicating the Termagant sprue just for this box. It's not excess sprues (unless they do have some excess in case of replacements)

The point is that this isn't unwanted stock being shifted as people always speculate with each box GW bring out that isn't completely new.

6 hours ago, Gederas said:

Yes, produced for the game - not designed. i.e. they will have manufactured a number of sprues specifically for this game that will have been boxed at the time of manufacturing, as opposed to them just making lots and lots of gant sprues and keeping them in storage until they decide what boxes they want to put them in - there isn't stock in warehouses collecting dust here 

• 4 weeks later...

Can any Target shoppers elucidate what "exclusive available from the Target webstore" means? Would they ship to a store for pick up or will they ONLY send it to a US address? IDM hopping over the border to pick up a copy but if it's only available for delivery I guess I'll be SOL.

Edited by Boyadventurer