Space Marine - The Board Game (US Exclusive @ Launch)

Being Target-exclusive is baaaad timing seeing as how there's a boycott of them kicking off...The subject of which is not board appropriate, so if you're curious a Google search will fill you in.  It's unlikely to affect sales to gamers, but it might kill a little of that "mom brings kids to store, kid sees cool thing on shelf" sales.

It looks to me like his sword swing is coming down and cutting across his opponent's belly from his left-to-right. He's stepping through the strike with his left foot so that the sword will make impact when the stomp completes; the open mouth is set to deliver the kiai.

In Kendo, this is known as ki-ken-tai-no-ichi (spirit, sword, body as one). 

In order to get maximum torque, his upper body is pivoting clockwise, pulling the bolter arm back after firing a shot as the sword arm comes forward.

It certainly isn't perfect, but I do see what the designer was going for. If only this model was for a range that needed more models and not for a range that already has twice as many kits (at least) as every other faction.

1 hour ago, Doobles88 said:

Very disappointing. But also that's a fairly poor model. So.....I'll get over it on this occasion.

Personally, I don't really care about the model, I'd just want a fun and simple board game to take out on occasion, like I do with Gorechosen/Combat Arena and other boxed games they've released in the past.

I love the 1st game and I've wanted a Titus mini for years now, so having to wait a bit more because of an exclusive deal is not a problem, just a matter of patience.

But the model itself... is bad, sorry.

The face, the details, the pose are all subpar and look more like a fanmade kitbash than a real GW product (and there are amazing Titus models made by fans out there). Just a comparison between his shoulder pads in the game and in the mini says it all. Which it's baffling when the ones in the game are based in the old UM upgrade sprue (look at the trim)

Edited by lansalt

thats not a good model, lol. The face is weird, and the pose is worse than any of the assault interecessor poses. It's a running lieutenant I guess... Also fairly lame that its an exclusive in the way it is, though the quality of the mini makes that not really an issue

To quote a friend I showed this to: "He looks like he is getting ready to scream at the TV because his favorite football team is not doing well"

I've been saying this for awhile, whoever does faces for 40k at the moment really needs to practice their skills, most faces have been a super miss. Not to mention, this would be soo easy to do, just contact the Space Marine 2 devs and asked if they can give their 3D head model of Titus and then the model sculptors can just trace around it and then modify it to fit a miniature...

Edited by potatocrusader
Spelling

Boring and without "flavor". In my opinion, an underserved miniature for a character like Titus. You can make a better one with the Sternguard box and ... Oh, wait!:angry:

And the board game is a kind of joke, isn't it? Buf, I think is an a poor excuse to get rid of material in stock that they don't sell well, like Gaunts. " You want Titus? You must ' adopt ' this Gaunts".

Sad, very sad:down:

Edited by AGRAMAR

5 minutes ago, Sothalor said:

Isn't the Titus we've seen depicted in SM2 essentially just an existing generic Primaris Lieutenant model?

He has features of other Lieutenants, but he's otherwise unique even if doesn't look radically different.

And if little Tommy gets bit by the miniature bug they sink their claws into a future addict/player.

Which I suspect is the gateway theory leading to this "game".

Chains are symbolic and around his wrist not connected to the weapon... However why are his weapons reversed? The holster is even on his left hip and near every marine carries thier pistols on the left sword on the right as you can see up there. lol Like he drew them and then swapped hands?

Edited by OttoVonAwesome